or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Apartment foo-nishing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apartment foo-nishing - Page 60

post #886 of 2411
Thread Starter 
We can just put safety putty on everything.
post #887 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

We can just put safety putty on everything.

Yeah it's always funny walking into someone's apartment and noticing really expensive furniture that's been baby proofed. Weird little gates that have been setup, all the electricity outlets have those weird plugs in them, and the coffee and side tables have the rubber thing around it.

Just adopt a teenager and you won't have to deal with this. Or, better yet, adopt a 22 year old with limited potential in life and you can skip paying for their education too!
post #888 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post

Yeah it's always funny walking into someone's apartment and noticing really expensive furniture that's been baby proofed. Weird little gates that have been setup, all the electricity outlets have those weird plugs in them, and the coffee and side tables have the rubber thing around it.

Just adopt a teenager and you won't have to deal with this. Or, better yet, adopt a 22 year old with limited potential in life and you can skip paying for their education too!

Children? Why ,just keep yourself angry and sleepless for a few years , avoid having sex, grow old faster than you should have , get yourself twisted over payments and expenses while trying to hold on to your career or job. At the end tell yourself that it was all worth it while they merely tolerate your senile old ass and talk in hushed voices about putting you in a home.
post #889 of 2411
I yelled at my kids last nite because they were kicking a basketball against the bedroom door . One of them told me it was like living in an old folks home . You should take them for the summer, rent to own , before you do something that cannot be undone . The girl loves nyc
post #890 of 2411
the last two posts in this thread are really excellent
post #891 of 2411
Thread Starter 
The problem with white furniture is that, soon, everything becomes white.









44ce7556_knollcato1.jpeg
post #892 of 2411
It wont feel so stark once you start putting art work up.

Looks fantastic. The floor is very nice, fuck the rug and coffee table.
post #893 of 2411
Is it wise to have your coffee table extend to the floor like that in a small apartment? I would figure foot space under the coffee table would aid in tight placement.
post #894 of 2411
A mannequin in a straightjacket would clarify the room i think, but maybe I'm just drunk.
post #895 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

It wont feel so stark once you start putting art work up.

Looks fantastic. The floor is very nice, fuck the rug and coffee table.

That's not our current place, or our current upholstery. New floors are more grey. New upholstery is whiter.
post #896 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Is it wise to have your coffee table extend to the floor like that in a small apartment? I would figure foot space under the coffee table would aid in tight placement.

You know, we did think about that, but I'm not worried. Our sofa forces you to sit upright, so your legs are never anything but perpendicular to the floor.
post #897 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Our sofa forces you to sit upright, so your legs are never anything but perpendicular to the floor.

Not since E=MC^2 has something so concise thoroughly explained so much.

foo.gif
post #898 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

That's not our current place, or our current upholstery. New floors are more grey. New upholstery is whiter.

You haven't owned the sofa for very long, I'm surprised you needed to reupholster it. Did you stick with knoll fabrics or deviate?
post #899 of 2411
IIRC there was some issue with it being delivered with some marks on the fabric, as well as some problems with having Knoll remedy the situation?

Maybe that pic is from before this was solved, and whatever fix brought a lighter upholstery...
post #900 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

IIRC there was some issue with it being delivered with some marks on the fabric, as well as some problems with having Knoll remedy the situation?

Maybe that pic is from before this was solved, and whatever fix brought a lighter upholstery...

That pic is years old. The sofa was originally ordered in off-white leather. The leather was marked up, damaged and covered up with paint in some areas. I'm convinced someone else's returned, "refurbished" sofa got sent to us. It took many, many months to get a resolution. We chose to do the replacement sofa in fabric.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Apartment foo-nishing