or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Apartment foo-nishing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apartment foo-nishing - Page 116

post #1726 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Why make these ridiculous assumptions to begin with?

Has it occurred to you that I simply posted this because I thought it would be fun to chat about it? And, like I said, to get ideas we hadn't thought of before? You continue to insist that my motivation is to win approval or follow consensus. I don't think the facts could possibly prove you more wrong on both counts.

To have fun? Is that why you got extremely rattled by the end of the first page and acted like a fucking asshole to anybody who had a different opinion from you? You weren't looking for fun.
post #1727 of 2411
This thread has taught me a lot.
post #1728 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Someone please help me understand: how are so many of you able to go on sub-Saharan safaris and herd yaks with Tibetan nomads frequently enough to outfit your homes entirely with exotic baubles gifted to you by thankful tribal chiefs, yet must resort to buying your clothes from My.Suit.com and websites with names like "Luxire?"

You guys all live in la-la land, and I suspect it is furnished by Pottery Barn.

When all else fails, call the other guy a peon. It's almost charming when Vox does it, it's a little pathetic coming from you.
post #1729 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

When all else fails, call the other guy a peon. It's almost charming when Vox does it, it's a little pathetic coming from you.

wtf
post #1730 of 2411

Foo, your living room looks good. Props for the effort you've put in to keeping to the threads original purpose.

 

BB and others have made a point that I relate to. I'd expect something different coming in to your living room from what I've experienced of you here. I understand your point though, that you want something beautiful in and of itself rather than something which reflects who you are.

 

Thanks for the completely pointless assholery and stupidity SH, it's amusing.

post #1731 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

This thread has taught me a lot.

Maybe you can give me the Cliff's Notes, because I am baffled.
post #1732 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

When all else fails, call the other guy a peon. It's almost charming when Vox does it, it's a little pathetic coming from you.

wtf

Did I misunderstand your little ad hominem?
post #1733 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Did I misunderstand your little ad hominem?

Seems so.
post #1734 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

Foo, your living room looks good. Props for the effort you've put in to keeping to the threads original purpose.

BB and others have made a point that I relate to. I'd expect something different coming in to your living room from what I've experienced of you here. I understand your point though, that you want something beautiful in and of itself rather than something which reflects who you are.

Thanks for the completely pointless assholery and stupidity SH, it's amusing.

My pleasure. Any time.
post #1735 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Maybe you can give me the Cliff's Notes, because I am baffled.

I've learned that there are a lot of idiots and a lot of assholes.
post #1736 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Did I misunderstand your little ad hominem?

Seems so.

Enlighten me, because it read to me like "you're just jealous that you can't afford to wear Rubi and shop Capi after going on your safaris and shit". Which part did I misunderstand?
post #1737 of 2411

I'd take a safari over a couch any fucking day.

post #1738 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Enlighten me, because it read to me like "you're just jealous that you can't afford to wear Rubi and shop Capi after going on your safaris and shit". Which part did I misunderstand?

No.

The point is: it is bullshit that people are going on "safaris and shit" to collect their furniture.

And what does it say that you are charmed when Vox calls you a peon?
post #1739 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Enlighten me, because it read to me like "you're just jealous that you can't afford to wear Rubi and shop Capi after going on your safaris and shit". Which part did I misunderstand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Enlighten me, because it read to me like "you're just jealous that you can't afford to wear Rubi and shop Capi after going on your safaris and shit". Which part did I misunderstand?

For somebody who has been as belligerent and personal in this thread as you, it is amazing to see such thinness of skin.
post #1740 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Enlighten me, because it read to me like "you're just jealous that you can't afford to wear Rubi and shop Capi after going on your safaris and shit". Which part did I misunderstand?

No.

The point is: it is bullshit that people are going on "safaris and shit" to collect their furniture.

And what does it say that you are charmed when Vox calls you a peon?

It's bullshit that people are traveling to Milan to custom order clothing! NFW are people that crazy, must be an internet rumor.

Vox has no idea who I am, therefore has never had cause to call me a peon. By his lights I'm sure that I am one, I have to work to earn a living after all. I think he thinks that he uses it ironically, which is why it's almost charming. Pulled out as a way to dismiss others arguments it's just sad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Apartment foo-nishing