or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Apartment foo-nishing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apartment foo-nishing - Page 92

post #1366 of 2411
Perfect.
post #1367 of 2411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Perfect.

I suppose the poor design of the aluminum base caused the table top to chip before it was attached?
post #1368 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

What makes the UO pics horrible? I don't understand how it's any worse than what I showed earlier.
I'm not talking about the globe, but about what they chose to put in it. Do you think that whatever UO put in there looks good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

The only difference is that the UO pic shows a slightly different product--the plants require soil. Our balls don't have any soil. They need a sprtiz of water every week or so.
Ok. I would think that if you need standing water in those they'll quickly look bad from the calcium residue, sediments, etc. Again, I liked what you showed in the first pic, I would just be worried that they would be hard to maintain in such a neat condition.
post #1369 of 2411
Call up The Jasper and ask him the real reason he can't get a coffee table up your elevator in one piece.
post #1370 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Request for sanity check:

We got the new marble top this morning. It is not cracked. However, the edges are chipped in several spots along the bottom of the table. Is that acceptable on a new table? I'm surprised as there are absolutely no chips in the marble top of our Saarinen table.

I ask because I am jaded and frustrated at this point. My expectations may no longer be reasonable.

I don't think your expectations are unreasonable. When you purchase a product like that, it should come in pristine condition.

On the other hand, it is marble. While it definitely shouldn't happen before delivery, minor chips will likely happen down the road. If you're prepared to accept that, then maybe the chips won't really matter. If it will bug you, then maybe marble is not the right material.

I recognize that you've had a good experience with your Saarinen table, so the idea of chipping may not seem likely. However, a dining table, at least for me, doesn't take the same abuse as a coffee table. My kid bangs his toys into it. The vacuum cleaner bumps into it. I toss my keys on it. I don't always put down a coaster. I put my feet on it. I'd be scared about how it would look if it were marble. I love the way the marble looks in our kitchen, but it's a labor of love to keep clean and unmarred. I've just had to accept that it will never be pristine.
post #1371 of 2411
Accept the defective table, foo. It's part of Jasper's plan.
post #1372 of 2411
No, it shouldn't be chipped.
Regarding my previous comment, you also have that vase from cappellini and I thought the lamps from Tom Dixon were also from cappellini butit appears they are not.
post #1373 of 2411
I'd tell the company to fuck off and buy drugs instead. Table isn't happening...
post #1374 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Request for sanity check:

We got the new marble top this morning. It is not cracked. However, the edges are chipped in several spots along the bottom of the table. Is that acceptable on a new table? I'm surprised as there are absolutely no chips in the marble top of our Saarinen table.

I ask because I am jaded and frustrated at this point. My expectations may no longer be reasonable.
How in the world can Capellini not be more careful? This is the third table they sent you. You would think they would want to get it right eventually, if only to be finally rid of this meddlesome priest.
post #1375 of 2411
Thread Starter 
The first table was not Cappellini. The second two are. The second we, maybe stupidly, acceptedl delivery of.
post #1376 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

The second we, maybe stupidly, acceptedl delivery of.

I wouldn't worry about accepting delivery. These types of companies usually make things right. I had some issues with a chair from DWR after about three months. I sent them a few pictures to ask for their opinion, without specifically requesting anything. They sent me a new one two days later with no further questions.
post #1377 of 2411
I once accepted delivery of a TV and we didn't notice that the screen was cracked until it was in the cabinet and the delivery guy was gone. But they took it back without a fuss and sent us a new one.
post #1378 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Ok. I would think that if you need standing water in those they'll quickly look bad from the calcium residue, sediments, etc. Again, I liked what you showed in the first pic, I would just be worried that they would be hard to maintain in such a neat condition.

Foo has people to keep his balls clean.
post #1379 of 2411
foo, when you say "the bottom of the table" do you mean the underside, where it rests on the support? the invisible part? i'm the food guy, not the furniture guy, but it seems like every piece of marble i've seen has been a little rough on the underside, though it certainly should be perfect on the visible portions.
post #1380 of 2411
i like my chips on top of my coffee table, thank you very much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Apartment foo-nishing