Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Like new LVC 1950s Hawaiian shirt size small Last post on 3/31/13 at 9:41pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Interchangeable (business and casual) shirts and lightweight gym t-shirts? Last post on 8/12/12 at 9:52am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- drop 9/1 NWT Gitman Brothers Vintage Extra Small Navy Gingham Seersucker S/S Shirt Last post on 8/28/11 at 12:16pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- drops 9/1 NWT Gitman Vintage XL (madras S/S and flannel) Last post on 8/27/11 at 2:49pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts - Page 67post #991 of 24228/18/09 at 2:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #992 of 24228/18/09 at 9:37ampost #993 of 24228/19/09 at 10:29pmQuote:Since Land's End redesigned their "tailored-fit" shirts with much larger shoulders a few months back, I've been searching for replacement sources on a budget.
To my surprise, I found an option at JCrew.com. My memory/image of J Crew had been lots of baggy, worn-out casual clothes (local store, maybe). I requested measurements before purchasing:
POINTS OF MEASURE 15H34
Center Back Length 31.5
Across Shoulders 18.75
Chest Circumference 45.5
They didn't give me a waist measurement, oddly, but it's about 41 inches. It's a Thomas-Mason-fabric J Crew dress shirt. I have a 41.5" chest, so this is about what I'm looking for.
I also got a medium tailored-fit J Crew dress shirt: 19.5, 47, 44 - yeah, I'd hate to see the classic-fit dimensions; I originally thought these were the classic-fit dimensions!
The first was on clearance and the latter on sale. I am pleased with the quality of the Thomas Mason fabric shirt, but the standard fabric shirt's tailoring leaves something to be desired.
I also ordered two Charles Tyrwhitt dress shirts on the advice of this forum. (One never came.) The measurements of the size 16 I ordered are very similar to the 15H Thomas-Mason-fabric J Crew shirts. The neck is a just a bit big on me at 16". I couldn't bring myself to order the 15H with less than 3 inches of clearance around the chest!
I guess I'll never understand why so many American shirt makers oversize their products nowadays.post #994 of 24228/20/09 at 7:23amVisit a good tailor; I really don't care how the fit of a RTW shirts is. If the shoulders are okay, my tailor will fix the rest.post #995 of 24228/21/09 at 11:59ampost #996 of 24228/21/09 at 12:11pmpost #997 of 24228/25/09 at 6:09pmpost #998 of 24228/26/09 at 2:37ampost #999 of 24228/26/09 at 4:49pmpost #1000 of 24228/27/09 at 12:55pmpost #1001 of 24228/28/09 at 9:21amI would like recommendations on what slim fit dress shirts to look at otc based on my measureements, just in case someone else here have similar measurements. I'll do otc dress shirts for now, eventually I will venture into mtm.
Height : 5'10"
Chest : 35"
Arm length: aprox 24.5"
Waist: 28 inches
Thanks!post #1002 of 24228/28/09 at 9:24ampost #1003 of 24228/30/09 at 6:41pmpost #1004 of 24228/30/09 at 6:49pmpost #1005 of 24228/30/09 at 9:14pm
- The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1168 Active Users (194 Members and 974 Guests)
- › Vass U Last Budapest Oxford Eu 46/ US 12 Dark Brown 19 seconds ago
- › White common projects uk11 us12 eu45 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 17 minutes ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 19 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 27th, 2015: The Knit Tie 29 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 31 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 35 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...