Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Like new LVC 1950s Hawaiian shirt size small Last post on 3/31/13 at 9:41pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Interchangeable (business and casual) shirts and lightweight gym t-shirts? Last post on 8/12/12 at 9:52am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- drop 9/1 NWT Gitman Brothers Vintage Extra Small Navy Gingham Seersucker S/S Shirt Last post on 8/28/11 at 12:16pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- drops 9/1 NWT Gitman Vintage XL (madras S/S and flannel) Last post on 8/27/11 at 2:49pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts - Page 67post #991 of 24258/18/09 at 2:54ampost #992 of 24258/18/09 at 9:37ampost #993 of 24258/19/09 at 10:29pmQuote:Since Land's End redesigned their "tailored-fit" shirts with much larger shoulders a few months back, I've been searching for replacement sources on a budget.
To my surprise, I found an option at JCrew.com. My memory/image of J Crew had been lots of baggy, worn-out casual clothes (local store, maybe). I requested measurements before purchasing:
POINTS OF MEASURE 15H34
Center Back Length 31.5
Across Shoulders 18.75
Chest Circumference 45.5
They didn't give me a waist measurement, oddly, but it's about 41 inches. It's a Thomas-Mason-fabric J Crew dress shirt. I have a 41.5" chest, so this is about what I'm looking for.
I also got a medium tailored-fit J Crew dress shirt: 19.5, 47, 44 - yeah, I'd hate to see the classic-fit dimensions; I originally thought these were the classic-fit dimensions!
The first was on clearance and the latter on sale. I am pleased with the quality of the Thomas Mason fabric shirt, but the standard fabric shirt's tailoring leaves something to be desired.
I also ordered two Charles Tyrwhitt dress shirts on the advice of this forum. (One never came.) The measurements of the size 16 I ordered are very similar to the 15H Thomas-Mason-fabric J Crew shirts. The neck is a just a bit big on me at 16". I couldn't bring myself to order the 15H with less than 3 inches of clearance around the chest!
I guess I'll never understand why so many American shirt makers oversize their products nowadays.post #994 of 24258/20/09 at 7:23amVisit a good tailor; I really don't care how the fit of a RTW shirts is. If the shoulders are okay, my tailor will fix the rest.post #995 of 24258/21/09 at 11:59ampost #996 of 24258/21/09 at 12:11pmpost #997 of 24258/25/09 at 6:09pmpost #998 of 24258/26/09 at 2:37ampost #999 of 24258/26/09 at 4:49pmpost #1000 of 24258/27/09 at 12:55pmpost #1001 of 24258/28/09 at 9:21amI would like recommendations on what slim fit dress shirts to look at otc based on my measureements, just in case someone else here have similar measurements. I'll do otc dress shirts for now, eventually I will venture into mtm.
Height : 5'10"
Chest : 35"
Arm length: aprox 24.5"
Waist: 28 inches
Thanks!post #1002 of 24258/28/09 at 9:24ampost #1003 of 24258/30/09 at 6:41pmpost #1004 of 24258/30/09 at 6:49pmpost #1005 of 24258/30/09 at 9:14pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 886 Active Users (115 Members and 771 Guests)
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 25 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 28 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 29 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding