or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts - Page 65

post #961 of 2393
Does anybody know a brand where I can buy slim fit shirts with large necks? I have a medium build but a very large neck size...
post #962 of 2393
I also have a hard time finding the right fit shirt and its so annoying! I used to buy a lot of Paul Smith and Boss shirts but then I found Dagr shirts at dagrusa.com and have since fallen in love with the brand. The fit is impeccable and the quality is hard to match for the price. They make regular cut shirts as well as slim fit and the designs are really unique and creative. Hope you find this useful! www.dagrusa.com
post #963 of 2393
So I went to the taylor and now my shirts when fully buttoned the fabric makes a upside down V shape after that last button when I put it on. Does that mean the taylor fucked up?
post #964 of 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagthesam View Post
So I went to the taylor and now my shirts when fully buttoned the fabric makes a upside down V shape after that last button when I put it on. Does that mean the taylor fucked up?

The chest area is a bit tight for you. Frankly, some people like that look since it accentuate the size of their chest.
post #965 of 2393
Ralph lauren has some Polos on sale in "slim custom fit" Any idea how their slims are in relation to regular re: short sleeve length and back length?


http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...nyMode_3064568
post #966 of 2393
I hate Ralph Lauren's custom fit polos. They fit me terribly. You need to have thin arms or the sleeve will bunch up on the higher end of your bicep making it look like you rolled your sleeves up to flex.
post #967 of 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeefe1226 View Post
Does anybody know a brand where I can buy slim fit shirts with large necks? I have a medium build but a very large neck size...

Hugo Boss makes slim fit shirts in a 17 1/2 how ever your best bet might be to go bespoke considering the difference in your neck and chest size IMO
post #968 of 2393
I actually know of a website that customizes dress shirts of customers through a user-friendly website. ShirtsMyWay.com offers an array of dress shirts with the option of choosing which fit the customer wants.

It has an easy-to-use interactive model which basically customizes everything. When that's done, the customer can either enter their own body measurements or get the measurements of an existing dress shirt they have, to ensure the best possible fit. I would highly recommend ShirtsMyWay to everyone as it's both highly sensitive to not only the fit of the individual but any aspect one wishes to customize. (And that's EVERYTHING!)
post #969 of 2393
I am 6'9" and pretty slim. I have about a 15 neck and about 37/38 arms as well as a slim chest (40 area). I know it may be impossible but is there anywhere to buy a shirt without having to go bespoke?
post #970 of 2393
pretty much
post #971 of 2393
I have a friends wedding rapidly approaching and my bespoke shirts wont be ready anywhere near that time so I need an appropriate shirt in the next two weeks. Any suggestions for a guy with a 35" chest and about 35 arms. It just needs to look good under my navy suit.
post #972 of 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwett View Post
I am 6'9" and pretty slim. I have about a 15 neck and about 37/38 arms as well as a slim chest (40 area). I know it may be impossible but is there anywhere to buy a shirt without having to go bespoke?

Bespoke or MTM is pretty much the only way for that neck vs arm size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countpiro View Post
I have a friends wedding rapidly approaching and my bespoke shirts wont be ready anywhere near that time so I need an appropriate shirt in the next two weeks. Any suggestions for a guy with a 35" chest and about 35 arms. It just needs to look good under my navy suit.

Buy a shirt with correct neck and arm size. Then alter it, much cheaper and quicker.
post #973 of 2393
Certain companies offer 'stock singles' programs that are semi-custom and less expensive. A company called Lipson Shirts offers their Elite program, which lets you choose sleeve length, neck size, a few different body styles and over 100 different fabrics. This type of pragram seems liek what youre looking for....
post #974 of 2393
I can't find any men's shirts that are tapered to fit my v-shaped body. All the shirts I see are just as wide around the waist as they are around the shoulders.
post #975 of 2393
Looking for a bit of size advice for T.M.Lewin shirts.

Depending on the shirt, my neck ranges between a 13.5-14.5. My chest (or rather the size of suit that fits) is a 36R. Arm length is a rather standard 32/33 and waist ranges between a 28-30. I have an XS darted (it came that way) dress shirt from French Connection that fits rather well.

Any rough guesses as to what size I should order from TM Lewin?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts