or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts - Page 130

post #1936 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTenenbaum View Post
Thanks. Are the ESF shirts from BB slimmer around the waist then the Nordstrom shirts, too? The blousey back is my biggest problem, and it always seems to happen. I need a 16.5 neck (if I'm going to wear it comfortably with a tie) but I've got a 33 waist (wear size 32 or 33 pants) and a ~42 inch chest.

This is my size too. I am yet to find the right fit for a 6'1" build with 35" length arms. My main problem is the shoulders. They are usually too wide.
post #1937 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTenenbaum View Post
Thanks. Are the ESF shirts from BB slimmer around the waist then the Nordstrom shirts, too? The blousey back is my biggest problem, and it always seems to happen. I need a 16.5 neck (if I'm going to wear it comfortably with a tie) but I've got a 33 waist (wear size 32 or 33 pants) and a ~42 inch chest.

The waist fits well on me, but that may mean nothing to you. Shirts are one of the most personalized pieces of clothing to form a good fit.

If you're near a BB store (not factory), go in for a fitting. If not, order a $40 ESF shirts from their website. They have a great return policy, but you'll have to eat the shipping costs.
post #1938 of 2390
Is linen slim fit shirt acceptable? Or is linen shirt ideally a loose fit?
post #1939 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post
Is linen slim fit shirt acceptable? Or is linen shirt ideally a loose fit?

No and yes, in my experience. It should be looser, but that one was way too loose for me. Unfortunately most linen OTR shirts are.
post #1940 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesdance View Post
Dunno if it's been covered but -- Paul Frederick. You can get the $20 coupons in a lot of different magazines. I wear these all the time and have never had a reason not to like them.
I just ordered two of their 100's slim fit shirt, 14.5/33 (buy one get one free), I'm 5-7ish and around 120 and they are not really slim fitted at all. Just cut in enough that I can wear it with out being able to hangglide in them like other shirts. However, if you are a bigger size and and can order down, might work out for you. I know people who the shirts look good on. Quality is ok tho, and lots of sleeve lengths and collar options.
You can try this first tho, its a great deal - their oxfords for $20 a piece, up to four of them and free monogramming.
https://www.paulfredrick.com/try/try.aspx
post #1941 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd13jd13 View Post
I just ordered two of their 100's slim fit shirt, 14.5/33 (buy one get one free), I'm 5-7ish and around 120 and they are not really slim fitted at all. Just cut in enough that I can wear it with out being able to hangglide in them like other shirts. However, if you are a bigger size and and can order down, might work out for you. I know people who the shirts look good on. Quality is ok tho, and lots of sleeve lengths and collar options.
You can try this first tho, its a great deal - their oxfords for $20 a piece, up to four of them and free monogramming.
https://www.paulfredrick.com/try/try.aspx

Is it only in white?
post #1942 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post
Is it only in white?
Believe so.
post #1943 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellgy View Post
This is my size too. I am yet to find the right fit for a 6'1" build with 35" length arms. My main problem is the shoulders. They are usually too wide.
I'm 6'1 165lbs and wear a 15.5/35. I just picked up 4 Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit shirts, and they are pretty slim (I can't compare to BB ESF because the BB I've been to didn't have them). The shoulders are very narrow - more narrow than I expected, but I'm happy with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd13jd13 View Post
I just ordered two of their 100's slim fit shirt, 14.5/33 (buy one get one free), I'm 5-7ish and around 120 and they are not really slim fitted at all. Just cut in enough that I can wear it with out being able to hangglide in them like other shirts. However, if you are a bigger size and and can order down, might work out for you. I know people who the shirts look good on. Quality is ok tho, and lots of sleeve lengths and collar options. You can try this first tho, its a great deal - their oxfords for $20 a piece, up to four of them and free monogramming. https://www.paulfredrick.com/try/try.aspx
I have about half a dozen PF shirts that I've picked up on clearance or during big sales. Their slim fit is good. Quality is okay - obviously nothing like the RLBL shirts or anything, but they hold up well. I have a few shirts that are already 5 years old without signs of wearing.
post #1944 of 2390
You should watch out for the material, some shirts will even turn out to be slimmer than you thought.
post #1945 of 2390
Hi, I have a question about the fit of Aquascutum slim fits. Comparable to Express/UC of Benetton/Hugo Boss Black or other mall brands, how does the Aquascutum slim fits squeeze in between those brands and etc.?
post #1946 of 2390
The Nordstrom 'Athletic' Fit shirts fit me perfectly. First OTR slim fit I've not taken to the tailor for blousing around the waist.
16 34/35. Quality is very good for $50.
post #1947 of 2390
Has anyone tried the Costcos Kirkland slim fit shirts?
post #1948 of 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesbitchly View Post
The Nordstrom 'Athletic' Fit shirts fit me perfectly. First OTR slim fit I've not taken to the tailor for blousing around the waist.
16 34/35. Quality is very good for $50.

What other shirts can you compare it to?
post #1949 of 2390
I should've posted 'trim' fit. Sorry. For under $50, The Lauren Slim Fit are also pretty good OTR. Usually $40 at Macy's. I buy a lot of clothes for the variety, so these work well. Other than that, I have to get everything tailored.
post #1950 of 2390
I'm 5'9" 160lbs, 15 1/2-neck, 41inch-chest, 28inch-waist, athletic build. Tried the BB ESF and overall its a decent fit around the shoulders with sleeves not being overly baggy. However, would still need to get the shirt darted to take the waist in. I personally wouldn't pay full price but definitely worth considering if your able to find a particular shirt you like on clearance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts