or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts - Page 101

post #1501 of 2397
ive been experimenting with different slim fit brands, ive tried so far: express h&m alfani 'Fitted' CK 'Slim Fit' CK Jeans brand DKNY(slim fit) my build is 6'0, 170. have nice sized chest, abs but have skinny arms. here's a quick summary of how each fits me: Express: the only one i tried is 'modern fit'. im not sure if these are slim fit shirts or not(doubt it). arms and chest are OK but they're baggy from the lower back. you can try tucking them in but they'll just come back out which is annoying, not to mention they get wrinkled really fast. my friend told me to get the 'fitted' ones. ill try those out next time H&M: wow i didnt come accross these until today but they fit me perfect, medium size to be exact. They're also cheapest of the bunch at 24.99 MSRP. even cheaper when they go on sale. my only beef with these is they're very very thin shirts, almost paper. i'd be afraid to throw these things in the washing machine so ill just dry clean them. as far as the fit goes man they're perfect, everything from the arms, chest and lower abs. all areas are very close to the skin without it being too tight CK 'Slim Fit': These fit like tents, don't bother. Why they're called 'slim fit' is beyond me. Alfani 'Fitted'(macy's brand) these fit suprisingly well. not quite as slim as the h&m shirts but not too far off of it. good prices on these also. my only beef with these is they're ussally limited to one color in design and i'm not too fond of the materials....almost feels like its made out of window curtains. but if you happen to come accross a design you like be sure to try it on. CK Jeans brand: These shits arent actually labeled 'slim fit' but they fit me like one. the Small size fits me perfect. they can be found at macy's with the rest of the CK shirts and Jeans. the label will say "Calvin Klein Jeans' on the shirt with a small patch near the lower buttons also. as far as fit goes it somwhere in between the h&m and alfani. quality-wise the shirt feels like a more durrable h&m shirt. i wore this the other day to the bank and had a woman mumble something to me on the way out. as i asked her to repeat herself she said, "nothing, you just looking really good". DKNY(slim fit): these fit me OK, but not as good as the others. they do have excellent design and the quality is probably the best of the ones i mentioned.
post #1502 of 2397
I occasionally see RL 'custom fit' shirts but never knew it meant slim fit.
post #1503 of 2397
Ive seen the Slim Fit on many shirts...fits me well...granted im a slim guy
post #1504 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althis View Post
Has anyone here had a tailor recut the hem on BBBF shirts to a normal bottom? I have a couple OCBD's that I want to wear untucked for casual wear but the hems are still pretty long and the fronts overlap in front of each other and looks odd untucked.

It would be expensive.
post #1505 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
It would be expensive.

I've paid about $15 for this.
post #1506 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardguy View Post
Best source for plain-colored, slim-fit button-down shirts without front pockets? Oxford cloth or otherwise.

Basically, I want something like these sans the free advertising for PRL:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...ductId=3985131
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...ductId=3643456

I had an MTM shirt made in lavender color (just like the RL shirt above) for $95. It's much better fabric than the RL shirt and fits me great because it is made to my specifications.
post #1507 of 2397
Can anyone comment on the fit of these two shirts? http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3092096/...bo=6028555&P=5 http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2988353/...1#reviewAnchor I'm pretty built, broad shoulders, 33 inch waist....
post #1508 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by najpie View Post
Can anyone comment on the fit of these two shirts?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3092096/...bo=6028555&P=5

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2988353/...1#reviewAnchor

I'm pretty built, broad shoulders, 33 inch waist....

It is difficult to say since more than half the people say they have broad shoulders
post #1509 of 2397
For people interested in the Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit dress shirts: I measured mine and found that the chest and the waist have the same measurement. For a 14.5/32 this was: Chest: 18.5 Waist: 18.5 For me, this results in a tight chest and extra fabric around the waist.
post #1510 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohio View Post
For people interested in the Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit dress shirts: I measured mine and found that the chest and the waist have the same measurement. For a 14.5/32 this was: Chest: 18.5 Waist: 18.5 For me, this results in a tight chest and extra fabric around the waist.
Thanks for posting this. I was going to try BB extra slim. A 36-37" chest would fit me perfectly, but I need more of a 29-31" waist. I guess I won't waste my $80 at BB. Their idea of slim fit is apparently world's away from mine Can anyone recommend a brand of dress shirt which exhibits the amount of tapering at the waist that I want? I read the thread, but I don't have access to Zara, H&M, etc. I live near a Benetton and will check it out, but I'm not sure their shirts are nice enough. I really had high hopes for the BB extra slim :'(
post #1511 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardguy View Post
Best source for plain-colored, slim-fit button-down shirts without front pockets? Oxford cloth or otherwise.

Basically, I want something like these sans the free advertising for PRL:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...ductId=3985131
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...ductId=3643456

Check out the Black label line. I'm sure you will find some good items there. However, the price point may be another issue. Cheers.
post #1512 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeatonCollar View Post
Check out the Black label line. I'm sure you will find some good items there. However, the price point may be another issue. Cheers.

Black Label is way overpriced, even on deep discount. You can get a bespoke shirt (or suit) that is much better constructed and made of much better fabric for less.
post #1513 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
Black Label is way overpriced, even on deep discount. You can get a bespoke shirt (or suit) that is much better constructed and made of much better fabric for less.

I'm curious. From a previous post by Chris Despos, "My shirts run from 335.00 to 550.00, 4 shirt minimum. trim body, high armholes. No fusing. English, Italian fabrics. Make one shirt until you & I are happy."

You're saying you'd rather spend money on bespoke vs. deep discounted RLBL? Isn't that a little extreme?
post #1514 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeatonCollar View Post
I'm curious. From a previous post by Chris Despos, "My shirts run from 335.00 to 550.00, 4 shirt minimum. trim body, high armholes. No fusing. English, Italian fabrics. Make one shirt until you & I are happy."

You're saying you'd rather spend money on bespoke vs. deep discounted RLBL? Isn't that a little extreme?

My bespoke shirts cost anywhere from $125 to $200. I would never pay $300+ for a shirt.
post #1515 of 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
My bespoke shirts cost anywhere from $125 to $200. I would never pay $300+ for a shirt.

Who makes your shirts? I'm interested.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts