or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 College Football Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 College Football Thread - Page 16  

post #226 of 1334
In texas, the QB would have known enough to take a knee and hand the ball to the ref.
post #227 of 1334
Thread Starter 
Granted I'm sympathetic to the referees in general but... Wisconsin didn't do much to help themselves out there either.
post #228 of 1334
I missed the Alabama-A&M game. Is McCarron that good or is the A&M pass defense that bad? McCarron is more than a game manager, but I think it will be tough for him to make it into the second round of the NFL draft. Call it the "USC effect." NFL teams are wary of any QB that was surrounded by superior talent in college.
post #229 of 1334
McCarron is a good QB and played well, but A&M's defense is awful too. Can't say I disagree with your thoughts on his draft stock, though stranger things have happened in the draft (Tebow getting drafted in the first round comes to mind).
post #230 of 1334
I have an entire season of disappointment for me this year, and I haven't even seen one game yet because of the Goddamn fucking Longhorn Network.
post #231 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

NerdyK and MrG, make your picks.

Is there any reason it hasn't updated after last weekend's games? Best I can, tell my lead should have become even more ginormous, but nothing seems to have changed.
post #232 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

I have an entire season of disappointment for me this year, and I haven't even seen one game yet because of the Goddamn fucking Longhorn Network.

Really, it's better for you that you haven't. And even more so that you haven't had to actually watch the second rate LHN.
post #233 of 1334
I'm loving the LHN. Listening to Mack Brown narrate a play-by-play of the ole miss game followed by his press conference is comedy GOLD.

He refers to the locker room as the dressing room!
post #234 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Is there any reason it hasn't updated after last weekend's games? Best I can, tell my lead should have become even more ginormous, but nothing seems to have changed.

It's updated for me.

You have 479
Ed has 330
I have 325
post #235 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

I'm loving the LHN. Listening to Mack Brown narrate a play-by-play of the ole miss game followed by his press conference is comedy GOLD.

He refers to the locker room as the dressing room!

I need to start watching the LHN more often! I typically only watch it for Olympic sports coverage.
post #236 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post

It's updated for me.

You have 479
Ed has 330
I have 325

Updated for me as of this morning. Weird.
post #237 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

I'm loving the LHN. Listening to Mack Brown narrate a play-by-play of the ole miss game followed by his press conference is comedy GOLD.

He refers to the locker room as the dressing room!

Listening to Ricky Williams do in-game analysis is pretty funny, too. Still not worth watching LHN.
post #238 of 1334
It's criminal that there's so much talent on that team that is decaying with the type coaching, passion, and leadership that is lacking at UT right now. I'd even go as far as saying that Longhorn Football represents everything that is wrong with college football players being reduced to the status of commodities for the obnoxious enrichment of everyone around them.
post #239 of 1334
Anyone else disappointed with the quality of a lot of the match-ups this weekend?
post #240 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Anyone else disappointed with the quality of a lot of the match-ups this weekend?

Nothing big really going on this weekend. Even ESPN College Gameday decided to go to an FCS school this weekend.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 College Football Thread