or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Most cotton clothing is GENETICALLY MODIFIED... ****The Official List of GM-Free Cotton Clothing****
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most cotton clothing is GENETICALLY MODIFIED... ****The Official List of GM-Free Cotton Clothing**** - Page 14

post #196 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrangadang View Post

600+ peer reviewed GM crop studies, all of which point to gm crops not being dangerous.

http://www.biofortified.org/genera/studies-for-genera/

And here's another compilation of  1700+ peer reviewed studies

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArhhP5QasNtsdEJfMjR4YnVoQ0tZRHBFMVd3MlhjU0E&usp=sharing#gid=0

/endthread

+1

OP, you need to shed your ignorance and start listening to people here. Styleforum has intelligent readers that see past the bogus evidence you cite.

I'm saying all of this as an environmentalist/conservationist. But there's just no scientific basis for GMO fearmongering.
post #197 of 255
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

I offered you a chance to clarify your argument. I would not want to overgeneralize what you're saying. Do you think all GMOs should be avoided?

Follow your bliss and do what you enjoy, whatever that would be. I'm not your mother... (or father);)

 

GMO is one of the most vast and revolutionary technologies of all time, it’s not necessarily a bifurcated all or none issue. Study the facts and science for yourself and I trust you will come to the conclusion that best suites you.

post #198 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

Follow your bliss and do what you enjoy, whatever that would be. I'm not your mother... (or father)wink.gif

GMO is one of the most vast and revolutionary technologies of all time, it’s not necessarily a bifurcated all or none issue. Study the facts and science for yourself and I trust you will come to the conclusion that best suites you.

I'm glad to see you're scaling back your initial statements that recombinant biotechnology is inherently dangerous and that all GMOs are bad. That is at least a start.

However, your post is mostly devoid of substance.

Don't tell me about "studying the facts and science for myself." You are the one that has demonstrated a misunderstanding of the scientific method. You see, under the scientific method, you need to cite peer-reviewed studies about the toxicity of GM cotton before you raise alarms about GM cotton. You have failed to do that. That's the true way that science works. I don't want to see pictures of "cattle killed by GM cotton" or pictures of "farmers killed by cotton." I don't want to see a footnote for an Indian "medical examiner's report." I want to see a study published in a respected journal like the New England Journal of Medicine or Nature or Science, or anything published on PubMed.

Until then, it's imprudent and quite frankly dangerous to our society be making these accusations and spreading misinformation.

Kindly, put up or shut up clogging the board with your diatribe about GM cotton.
post #199 of 255
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


I'm glad to see you're scaling back your initial statements that recombinant biotechnology is inherently dangerous and that all GMOs are bad.

 

lol, no sutch statments ever made...

 

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Don’t lie.

post #200 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

lol, no sutch statments ever made...

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Don’t lie.

Actually, you did make this statement, implying that all GMOs are bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

thank you very much for trying to help! you are right I am a gmo, but I have recently learned how to stop eating GMOs and I have stopped all of my GM food consumption. hopefully I can wash out all the old GMO me with my favorate natural foods. I would write more about it, but I can't in this forum, it being for clothing and style...

hear is a good consumer websites that does cotton and food:
Institute of Responsible Technology

and an interesting 30 minute documentey about the wonders of natural seed: Seeds Of Freedom
post #201 of 255
4Characters, would it be too much to ask for a couple peer reviewed studies of GM cotton toxicity? You keep making references to "science" and how it's on your side.

Maybe I just don't know where to look.

Can you please post some? If you don't post some links, and continue with your circular logic and bizarre rhetoric about how science is your on your side, I will remain unconvinced, as I think most others here will too
post #202 of 255
Thread Starter 

"Sides"?  realy? Your thinking is so black and white…

post #203 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

"Sides"?  realy? Your thinking is so black and white…

Please spare me the "black/white" and "bifurcation" stuff.

Can you please address my question about peer review studies?
post #204 of 255
Thread Starter 

Why don’t you tell us all about the GMO Xinjiang cotton strain? This is a topic that I’m sure more people would be interested in. Let’s explore this new Chinese variety further… What trait is it modified with?

post #205 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

Why don’t you tell us all about the GMO Xinjiang cotton strain? This is a topic that I’m sure more people would be interested in. Let’s explore this new Chinese variety further… What trait is it modified with?

No, I'd like you to answer my question first. You are being very evasive and don't seem to want to talk about peer review studies. I'm am sensing that you know your argument is very weak and that you're peddling bullshit pseuoscience to the forum.
post #206 of 255
Thread Starter 

I asked you the same question earlier, why don’t you want to answer?

post #207 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

I asked you the same question earlier, why don’t you want to answer?

Come again? What question did you ask me? I believe I've documented the lack of evidence for toxic GM cotton quite well.


Talking to you is like talking to an echo chamber. Whatever I say, you just throw right back at me.

I think you're a troll now, so I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread and recommend that it be moved to dumb threads. It's about time this garbage got thrown into the scrap heap. It has nothing to do with "style" to begin with.
post #208 of 255
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


Come again?

 

What trait is Xinjiang cotton modified with?

post #209 of 255
There have only been hearsay reports that it's GM cotton: http://saintkeat.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/travel-blog-9-red-cloud-event-at-tuckshop-sundry-supplies-singapore/

I would be fully comfortable wearing Xinjiang shirts because there have been no studies to indicate GM cotton of any kind is dangerous

In fact, you called it "non-GMO" in your original post.
Quote:
All organics are GMO-free by definition

Also GM-free types of cotton include Extra Long Staple (ELS) Cottons:
-Pima Cotton
-Sea Island Cotton
-Egyptian Cotton
-Indian Suvin
-Chinese Xinjiang
-Sudanese Barakat
-Russian Tonkovoloknistyi
and the short fibered color-grown cotton.

Edited by jrd617 - 10/5/13 at 10:17pm
post #210 of 255
Now, 4Characters, let's hear some scientific evidence about the dangers of GM cotton. The medical examiners report from India does not count.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Most cotton clothing is GENETICALLY MODIFIED... ****The Official List of GM-Free Cotton Clothing****