Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandE G Cappellitagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
- brandFinamoretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemFinamore Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandHerring Shoestagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 8/23/16 at 2:55am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/15/16 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:03 am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Page 55post #811 of 745310/31/13 at 3:30pmpost #812 of 745310/31/13 at 3:36pmThread Starter
Hey gents, Its been a crazy week for me. Sorry for the late response but Yes, Carmina will not make any more of shell cordovan Jodhpurs.
When they heat up the shaft part to give it's shape, the shells kept breaking in the past and the factory initially refused the order.
Out of the six orders we had, Carmina ended up breaking four shells (so they actually spent 10 pairs worth of shell. Betty was quite firm about not making this style anymore in shell in the future.
Sorry to disappoint :(
However, they will be more than happy to make them in suede or calf!post #813 of 745310/31/13 at 3:40pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by PorDucMan
Simpson fits me very well. Steve sent me an oxford on Rain last before I bought into the MTO, and that seemed to fit well. The MTO model fits too loose, perhaps that is because the pattern is different.
I prefer the looks of the Rain last over Simpson, and most of the Carmina models that interest me are only offered in Rain. I have several models of G&G that fit me perfectly, so I'm going to have to stay with the G&G offerings.
Oh man, they're such a beautiful make up. Im sorry to hear :(
I personally have a semi wide feet and take my normal UK size on Rain /Inca and size up half for Simpson which works quite well for me....but then everyone's feets are a little different and their preference of snugness different which I respect :)post #814 of 745310/31/13 at 3:41pmpost #815 of 745310/31/13 at 4:01pmThread StarterQuote:
Since the Toe / vamp / front shaft is all connected as a one piece, only the back part of the boots can be made with shell. is that what you had in mind??post #816 of 745310/31/13 at 4:18pmThread Starter
All right gents,
We've gotten some MTO ideas from few members and I wanted to introduce some here to see if we can get all 6 to start the process!
1.Saddle shell short wingtip (4 confirmed!) - forest last (wide option avail)
2. Plain toe Blucher (PTB) in Cognac Shell (3 interests) - wide detroit last
3. 905 5 eyelet chukka in Dark Brown Suede (3 interests) - Rain Last (wide option avail)
4. 973 Captoe (without broguing on the cap) boots in Saddle shell or Cognac Shell - Rain Last (2 interests)
Yes, we will be introducing loden suede full strap penny and loden suede string loafer in December.
Maybe a loden shell loafers too who knows! Also got the word that Carmina has some green rustic calf
last but not least, for a limited time use code 'extra10' at chk out for purchases over $100
Cheers!post #817 of 745310/31/13 at 4:23pmpost #818 of 745310/31/13 at 4:25pmpost #819 of 745310/31/13 at 4:28pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes sir! Dark brown suede (ante marron...darker then ante Snuff)
Yep just requested this morning!post #820 of 745310/31/13 at 6:33pmpost #821 of 745310/31/13 at 11:48pmpost #822 of 745310/31/13 at 11:52pmpost #823 of 745311/1/13 at 12:23am
I jumped the gun with the above chukkas only to realize they are in the Rain last. I'd more than love to run an MTO on the following!
Model 010027 (this is in normally the Rain last as an RTW shoe)
Color brown suede (will accept suggestions for other colors as well as long as these are suede)
Preferably dainite sole
The below color is snuff.post #824 of 745311/1/13 at 2:37ampost #825 of 745311/1/13 at 6:31amQuote:how often do you think you would be able to pull out your python?Originally Posted by Harvitz81
Well I've been enamored with RM Williams chelsea style boots lately and just e-thrifted a pair that I love.
Throwing out a thought here......but anyone up for a Chelsea (or Jodhpur) boot in python snakeskin?
Carmina Python Snakeskin:
On a Chelsea boot:
Or Jodhpurs as above....
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 32 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 9 minutes ago
- › Any tips for buying shoes or cufflinks during an upcoming trip to... 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding