or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Page 465

post #6961 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

I think Galway would look great on the 72. The 72 is a very nice boot last. I am entertaining the idea of recreating the leffot coffee suede suede galway with Steve but on the 72 last. (Before they run out of the coffee suede they have)

I was out of loop on Coffee suede. Is Edward green discontinuing this color?
post #6962 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I was out of loop on Coffee suede. Is Edward green discontinuing this color?

Yes, I saw it mentioned on Leffot's instagram (where i saw it anyway), but they will be replacing coffee suede with snuff.  It looks like a similar shade, but would be nice to see them side by side to see what the difference is

post #6963 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Yes, I saw it mentioned on Leffot's instagram (where i saw it anyway), but they will be replacing coffee suede with snuff.  It looks like a similar shade, but would be nice to see them side by side to see what the difference is

Snuff and coffee look very similar
post #6964 of 7549

Absolutely no horse in the race, but the Cloud Utah is sublime...  And I would 82 last it, as I can see it being a killer look with a charcoal chalkstripe or windowpane trouser.  

 

I would wear it with many trousers, just not mid-light grey.  

post #6965 of 7549
I totally get the notion of Steve picking the options but if we all come to some sort of a strong joint decision he can make it really easy for everyone involved which I assure you he is probably thinking about doing.

My preference is 82. I don't care one way or another with the suede or full Utah. Would prefer leather sole though.

And on topic here's a pic of my freshly shined dovers
post #6966 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

Absolutely no horse in the race, but the Cloud Utah is sublime...  And I would 82 last it, as I can see it being a killer look with a charcoal chalkstripe or windowpane trouser.  

 

I would wear it with many trousers, just not mid-light grey.  

 

As much as I am COMPLETELY sold on the idea of a Cloud Utah Galway, I will be doing a good deal of figuring on how to pair them.  Hopefully @MoosicPa can offer some insight based on his Shannons, not to mention his ridiculous expertise when it comes to fine footwear.

post #6967 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Justin I personally would not purchase an 82 lasted galway esp on textured leather. For me those are casual boots and I would not dress them up. The 82 is a dressy last as far as i am concerned. I may would (use 82) for regular calf, but even then i would use a shannon or epsom. I wear mostly suits, rarely a sports coat. Galways i use with denim or other casual pants.

Of course thats my preference and what I like. Roger dresses up Galways and does it very well. <<< x1000 agree Just different styles.

At the end of the day if Steve decides to stock it he just needs to get what would please the majority, we dont all have to agree (not a GMTO). He also knows that I would not hesitate much to just order what I want MTO (if i really want something) regardless of what he stocks.

I pretty much echo the above statement, edited to my personal preferences bolded where I added anything. I couldn't have said it better so there was no point in trying.

To me, all Utah, Dainite and 202 go perfectly for this particular Galway, which is my vote for the makeup.

Side question and maybe it would be best served in the proper EG thread: I don't feel that 202 is cumbersome by any means but that draws from my experiences of a closet previously full of Aldens. Is the general consensus that 202 is more of a clunky last for EG?
post #6968 of 7549
so much beauty in 82 lasted Galway..





and here's 202 lasted Galway. extremely nice as well but it's good to have choices and favourite lasts..

post #6969 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post


Side question and maybe it would be best served in the proper EG thread: I don't feel that 202 is cumbersome by any means but that draws from my experiences of a closet previously full of Aldens. Is the general consensus that 202 is more of a clunky last for EG?

 

I wouldn't call the 202 clunky.   I also wouldn't call it sleek or particularly elegant.  It presents as solid, sturdy and substantial.  Better suited to a purely casual application than dressy-casual, to my eyes.  The 64 borders on clunky but still doesn't get there, IMO.  I love the 64 for full Zug and country calf Galways.

post #6970 of 7549
To me snuff appears a little richer in color however I prefer the slightly more muted coffee suede.

One of the galways most greatest advantages over other boots is that is really looks great on any last. It design allows for the boot to morph from hardcore country boot to a stylish city boot.Changing the last in conjunction with the leather yields a completely different aesthetic.
post #6971 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

As much as I am COMPLETELY sold on the idea of a Cloud Utah Galway, I will be doing a good deal of figuring on how to pair them.  Hopefully @MoosicPa
can offer some insight based on his Shannons, not to mention his ridiculous expertise when it comes to fine footwear.

Hey @RogerP, I am not as sure with a Cloud Galway boot, but my Shannon's I like to pair with blue (blue suit, dress pants or jeans). I would assume a Cloud Galway would look good with jeans or possibly khakis?? I am passing on the Utah Cloud Galways as the Shannons more than meet by Cloud requirements. I was lucky enough though to get in on the shell Galways. nod[1].gif
post #6972 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post


Hey @RogerP, I am not as sure with a Cloud Galway boot, but my Shannon's I like to pair with blue (blue suit, dress pants or jeans). I would assume a Cloud Galway would look good with jeans or possibly khakis?? I am passing on the Utah Cloud Galways as the Shannons more than meet by Cloud requirements. I was lucky enough though to get in on the shell Galways. nod[1].gif

 

Cheers.  The shell Galways will rock hard.  I was very tempted but couldn't do both and I already have two pairs of burgundy-ish derby boots.  I can definitely see the grey Galways with blue - moleskins, chinos and flannels. They would definitely work really well with denim, but I don't really do denim.  Not sure I can yet envision a pairing other than blue but I will keep thinking on it.  Thanks for the suggestions.

post #6973 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Cheers.  The shell Galways will rock hard.  I was very tempted but couldn't do both and I already have two pairs of burgundy-ish derby boots.  I can definitely see the grey Galways with blue - moleskins, chinos and flannels. They would definitely work really well with denim, but I don't really do denim.  Not sure I can yet envision a pairing other than blue but I will keep thinking on it.  Thanks for the suggestions.

I can definitely see it with greys that are textured or lighter or darker. I paired my cloud wholecuts with my charcoal suit and they didn't look awful.
post #6974 of 7549
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I wouldn't call the 202 clunky.   I also wouldn't call it sleek or particularly elegant.  It presents as solid, sturdy and substantial.  Better suited to a purely casual application than dressy-casual, to my eyes.  The 64 borders on clunky but still doesn't get there, IMO.  I love the 64 for full Zug and country calf Galways.

Thanks.
post #6975 of 7549


Galways freshly cared for
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD