We need moar Simpson lasted offerings!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandE G Cappellitagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
- brandFinamoretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemFinamore Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandHerring Shoestagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/3/15 at 5:15pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/31/15 at 11:45am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:07 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Page 3post #31 of 65446/10/13 at 7:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 65446/10/13 at 8:17pmpost #33 of 65446/11/13 at 8:38amThread StarterQuote:
Simpson split toe derby's been on my mind for my next MTO haha...wait was it you who planted this idea in my head with snuff suede??Quote:
Thank you Viral!post #34 of 65446/11/13 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #35 of 65446/11/13 at 8:59amQuote:
Definitely not me. On my list of things I seldom consider are both split toe and derby. But I did recently see a Carmina split toe single monk in the shoe p0rn thread that made me drool a little.
My idea was the snuff suede (or brown suede to switch it up) single monk. Armoury offers it on the Armoury last for an absurd amount plus shipping and Skoak doesn't carry many sizes and won't be re-stocking unfortuantely. It's so lovely and I want it! Both of them had the snuff suede. If you were to mix it up and go with brown, that'd be legit.
(Credit to Armoury for the photo, sorry to post from affiliate to affiliate)
This in Simpson, brown suede.
Also, those shirts look amazing. Unfortunately, paying $500 for shoes is already laughing in the face of what my budget used to be. Those shirts are something I can only andmire and wish for.post #36 of 65446/11/13 at 11:25ampost #37 of 65446/11/13 at 11:35ampost #38 of 65446/11/13 at 11:58am
Give me the rest of this month to recover financially (I'm also part of the NPC for July) and lets force Steve to make another MTO. :-D Would you rock it in a darker suede? Same suede as the string loafer for this MTO?
ETA: Here is Skoak's Rain version. They're really close but I like the Armourys a little more. Not sure what you'd call it but the piece of leather that actually has the strap, how it extends forward a little bit. Sells it even more for me.
Edited by mrjester - 6/11/13 at 12:10pmpost #39 of 65446/11/13 at 12:48pmpost #40 of 65446/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #41 of 65446/11/13 at 2:28pmpost #42 of 65446/11/13 at 3:16pmThread Starter
I see a new MTO forming here! 2 eyelet derby?? looks sweet! If we can get 6, in the next week or two, im pretty sure we can squeeze it in for the fall delivery!post #43 of 65446/11/13 at 4:10pmIs there a firm deadline for the navy shell loafers? Also, wanted to get your guys' opinion on something: to what extent do you guys think it would be possible to lighten the navy shell over time with some diligent polishing/waxing? I'm not talking anything drastic, or anything that would happen overnight, but for a pair of loafers I'd love to "control" the aging a bit (if I can) and direct it to the lighter end. I think I recall seeing some contrast photos from some guys who did that (one went dark, one light) to a pair of EGs posted on the Leather Soul site and the difference was pretty dramatic (and awesome, they both looked great).
ETA: how many so far?post #44 of 65446/11/13 at 4:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by dlm4114
Is there a firm deadline for the navy shell loafers? Also, wanted to get your guys' opinion on something: to what extent do you guys think it would be possible to lighten the navy shell over time with some diligent polishing/waxing? I'm not talking anything drastic, or anything that would happen overnight, but for a pair of loafers I'd love to "control" the aging a bit (if I can) and direct it to the lighter end. I think I recall seeing some contrast photos from some guys who did that (one went dark, one light) to a pair of EGs posted on the Leather Soul site and the difference was pretty dramatic (and awesome, they both looked great).
ETA: how many so far?
If the navy shell is from horween, it will lighten over time simply by wearing. At least the pair that I own have.post #45 of 65446/11/13 at 4:36pmThread StarterQuote:
That was my understanding too!
Currently we have 2 confirmed and 3 awaiting confirmation! (one more to seal the deal!) They will be shipped free along with your choice of either abbeyhorn shoe horn or saphir renovateur cream as a gift! We need to order by next week at the latest btw.
- GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 28 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › A1923 ST3 Culatta oil dual zip 44 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015