Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandE G Cappellitagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
- brandFinamoretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemFinamore Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandHerring Shoestagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 5:10 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:10 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:52 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Page 2post #16 of 65406/3/13 at 3:22pmGlad to see you guys on here! A few questions -- do you find the Uetam last to be slim-fitting? I've seen it compared to the Simpson around here before, but it never really had that look for my (admittedly untrained) eye. Second, can you say a little bit more about the Finnamore shirts? I don't know much about them. Lastly, are you able to arrange meetups to try on different sizes? I should be back in SoCal soon and do not mind a bit of a drive if it means I can actually try on a few Carminas. Thanks, and welcome to the board!
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 65406/3/13 at 7:20pmpost #18 of 65406/3/13 at 7:26pmpost #19 of 65406/4/13 at 7:43ampost #20 of 65406/4/13 at 8:02ampost #21 of 65406/4/13 at 8:47amThread Starter
Thank you for the warm welcome cuttingboard! Cheers!Quote:
Thank you Spoo! Love what you do and you are definitely the one of the entrepreneur who inspired me to be here!!Quote:
Justin! I really appreciate your kind welcome sir! Cheers!Quote:Originally Posted by dlm4114
Glad to see you guys on here! A few questions -- do you find the Uetam last to be slim-fitting? I've seen it compared to the Simpson around here before, but it never really had that look for my (admittedly untrained) eye. Second, can you say a little bit more about the Finnamore shirts? I don't know much about them. Lastly, are you able to arrange meetups to try on different sizes? I should be back in SoCal soon and do not mind a bit of a drive if it means I can actually try on a few Carminas. Thanks, and welcome to the board!
Hi dlm! Yes I find the Uetem last to be slim fitting. However, the loafers were made with suede upper, and in my humble opinion, they tend to stretch out a little easier then say calf or shell.
I have a semi wide feet and was afraid to own uetem myself and they were little tight at first, but after few weeks its perfect on my feet. Lot of members tend to size down half on Uetem last, but if you do have a wide feet like me (I am a 5.5 EE) you can go with your normal size.
About Finamore shirts, they are great shirts with a lot of handwork implemented just like other italian dress shirtmaker counterparts. The armholes, shoulders, buttonholes, and even the buttons were painstakingly sewn by hand. They feature a bit of puckered shoulders with shirring details (I understand this is a personal preference but many seem to favor this italian shoulder these days)
I had two choices of Italian camiceria to choose from when I started the shop. The other company is also a prestige company manufacturing outstanding quality dress shirts (name starts with a B), but Finamore truly proved to be superior in fit! I am aware that they have different models, but their slim fit line was just perfect in my opinion. I am, by all means, NOT a skinny guy, and due to my love for belgian brew and being married in the past year, I have a bit a tube in my mid-section. But these Finamore shirts were slim yet not skinny and perfect in fit.
I will be more than happy to arrange a meet in you are in LA or SanDiego area! Let me know and thank you for the kind welcome! Cheers!
Edited by steveyoo1983 - 6/4/13 at 1:38pmpost #22 of 65406/4/13 at 9:05amThread Starter
I stuck with the classics! here ya go!
We just received solid reppe brown/navy, glen check (my personal favorite), and grenadine navy/wine.
Lastly, this tie is on sale!
Edited by steveyoo1983 - 6/4/13 at 9:32ampost #23 of 65406/9/13 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Final call for Carmina MTOs!
#1 Dark Brown Suede String Loafer (We have all required 6 and this one is definitely good to go at this point!)
#2 new penny loafer design in NAVY SHELL
#3 Wingtip Bal Boot in brown calf and loden suede shaft
Finamore shirts are finally in! and I will post up some pictures soon!
-Youngpost #24 of 65406/9/13 at 9:36pmpost #25 of 65406/10/13 at 9:16ampost #26 of 65406/10/13 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #27 of 65406/10/13 at 4:18pmpost #28 of 65406/10/13 at 6:05pmpost #29 of 65406/10/13 at 6:53pmThread Starter
- GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 seconds ago
- › spanish shoe brands 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Filson Original Briefcase - Used in Excellent Condition 5 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Burgers....Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Burgers 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015