Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandE G Cappellitagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
- brandFinamoretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemFinamore Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandHerring Shoestagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 4:50 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/21/16 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:10 pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Page 2post #16 of 73136/3/13 at 3:22pmGlad to see you guys on here! A few questions -- do you find the Uetam last to be slim-fitting? I've seen it compared to the Simpson around here before, but it never really had that look for my (admittedly untrained) eye. Second, can you say a little bit more about the Finnamore shirts? I don't know much about them. Lastly, are you able to arrange meetups to try on different sizes? I should be back in SoCal soon and do not mind a bit of a drive if it means I can actually try on a few Carminas. Thanks, and welcome to the board!post #17 of 73136/3/13 at 7:20pmpost #18 of 73136/3/13 at 7:26pmpost #19 of 73136/4/13 at 7:43ampost #20 of 73136/4/13 at 8:02ampost #21 of 73136/4/13 at 8:47amThread Starter
Thank you for the warm welcome cuttingboard! Cheers!Quote:
Thank you Spoo! Love what you do and you are definitely the one of the entrepreneur who inspired me to be here!!Quote:
Justin! I really appreciate your kind welcome sir! Cheers!Quote:Originally Posted by dlm4114
Glad to see you guys on here! A few questions -- do you find the Uetam last to be slim-fitting? I've seen it compared to the Simpson around here before, but it never really had that look for my (admittedly untrained) eye. Second, can you say a little bit more about the Finnamore shirts? I don't know much about them. Lastly, are you able to arrange meetups to try on different sizes? I should be back in SoCal soon and do not mind a bit of a drive if it means I can actually try on a few Carminas. Thanks, and welcome to the board!
Hi dlm! Yes I find the Uetem last to be slim fitting. However, the loafers were made with suede upper, and in my humble opinion, they tend to stretch out a little easier then say calf or shell.
I have a semi wide feet and was afraid to own uetem myself and they were little tight at first, but after few weeks its perfect on my feet. Lot of members tend to size down half on Uetem last, but if you do have a wide feet like me (I am a 5.5 EE) you can go with your normal size.
About Finamore shirts, they are great shirts with a lot of handwork implemented just like other italian dress shirtmaker counterparts. The armholes, shoulders, buttonholes, and even the buttons were painstakingly sewn by hand. They feature a bit of puckered shoulders with shirring details (I understand this is a personal preference but many seem to favor this italian shoulder these days)
I had two choices of Italian camiceria to choose from when I started the shop. The other company is also a prestige company manufacturing outstanding quality dress shirts (name starts with a B), but Finamore truly proved to be superior in fit! I am aware that they have different models, but their slim fit line was just perfect in my opinion. I am, by all means, NOT a skinny guy, and due to my love for belgian brew and being married in the past year, I have a bit a tube in my mid-section. But these Finamore shirts were slim yet not skinny and perfect in fit.
I will be more than happy to arrange a meet in you are in LA or SanDiego area! Let me know and thank you for the kind welcome! Cheers!
Edited by steveyoo1983 - 6/4/13 at 1:38pmpost #22 of 73136/4/13 at 9:05amThread Starter
I stuck with the classics! here ya go!
We just received solid reppe brown/navy, glen check (my personal favorite), and grenadine navy/wine.
Lastly, this tie is on sale!
Edited by steveyoo1983 - 6/4/13 at 9:32ampost #23 of 73136/9/13 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Final call for Carmina MTOs!
#1 Dark Brown Suede String Loafer (We have all required 6 and this one is definitely good to go at this point!)
#2 new penny loafer design in NAVY SHELL
#3 Wingtip Bal Boot in brown calf and loden suede shaft
Finamore shirts are finally in! and I will post up some pictures soon!
-Youngpost #24 of 73136/9/13 at 9:36pmpost #25 of 73136/10/13 at 9:16ampost #26 of 73136/10/13 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #27 of 73136/10/13 at 4:18pmpost #28 of 73136/10/13 at 6:05pmpost #29 of 73136/10/13 at 6:53pmThread Starterpost #30 of 73136/10/13 at 7:10pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 20 seconds ago
- › wedding help! 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide