Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandFinamoretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemFinamore Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 10:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/16/14 at 8:40am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 55post #811 of 413210/31/13 at 3:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #812 of 413210/31/13 at 3:36pmThread Starter
Hey gents, Its been a crazy week for me. Sorry for the late response but Yes, Carmina will not make any more of shell cordovan Jodhpurs.
When they heat up the shaft part to give it's shape, the shells kept breaking in the past and the factory initially refused the order.
Out of the six orders we had, Carmina ended up breaking four shells (so they actually spent 10 pairs worth of shell. Betty was quite firm about not making this style anymore in shell in the future.
Sorry to disappoint :(
However, they will be more than happy to make them in suede or calf!post #813 of 413210/31/13 at 3:40pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by PorDucMan
Simpson fits me very well. Steve sent me an oxford on Rain last before I bought into the MTO, and that seemed to fit well. The MTO model fits too loose, perhaps that is because the pattern is different.
I prefer the looks of the Rain last over Simpson, and most of the Carmina models that interest me are only offered in Rain. I have several models of G&G that fit me perfectly, so I'm going to have to stay with the G&G offerings.
Oh man, they're such a beautiful make up. Im sorry to hear :(
I personally have a semi wide feet and take my normal UK size on Rain /Inca and size up half for Simpson which works quite well for me....but then everyone's feets are a little different and their preference of snugness different which I respect :)post #814 of 413210/31/13 at 3:41pmpost #815 of 413210/31/13 at 4:01pmThread StarterQuote:
Since the Toe / vamp / front shaft is all connected as a one piece, only the back part of the boots can be made with shell. is that what you had in mind??post #816 of 413210/31/13 at 4:18pmThread Starter
All right gents,
We've gotten some MTO ideas from few members and I wanted to introduce some here to see if we can get all 6 to start the process!
1.Saddle shell short wingtip (4 confirmed!) - forest last (wide option avail)
2. Plain toe Blucher (PTB) in Cognac Shell (3 interests) - wide detroit last
3. 905 5 eyelet chukka in Dark Brown Suede (3 interests) - Rain Last (wide option avail)
4. 973 Captoe (without broguing on the cap) boots in Saddle shell or Cognac Shell - Rain Last (2 interests)
Yes, we will be introducing loden suede full strap penny and loden suede string loafer in December.
Maybe a loden shell loafers too who knows! Also got the word that Carmina has some green rustic calf
last but not least, for a limited time use code 'extra10' at chk out for purchases over $100
Cheers!post #817 of 413210/31/13 at 4:23pmpost #818 of 413210/31/13 at 4:25pmpost #819 of 413210/31/13 at 4:28pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes sir! Dark brown suede (ante marron...darker then ante Snuff)
Yep just requested this morning!post #820 of 413210/31/13 at 6:33pmpost #821 of 413210/31/13 at 11:48pmpost #822 of 413210/31/13 at 11:52pmpost #823 of 413211/1/13 at 12:23am
I jumped the gun with the above chukkas only to realize they are in the Rain last. I'd more than love to run an MTO on the following!
Model 010027 (this is in normally the Rain last as an RTW shoe)
Color brown suede (will accept suggestions for other colors as well as long as these are suede)
Preferably dainite sole
The below color is snuff.post #824 of 413211/1/13 at 2:37ampost #825 of 413211/1/13 at 6:31amQuote:how often do you think you would be able to pull out your python?Originally Posted by Harvitz81
Well I've been enamored with RM Williams chelsea style boots lately and just e-thrifted a pair that I love.
Throwing out a thought here......but anyone up for a Chelsea (or Jodhpur) boot in python snakeskin?
Carmina Python Snakeskin:
On a Chelsea boot:
Or Jodhpurs as above....
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Suggest one of these looks for me 48 seconds ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Wearing sneakers with a suit 3 minutes ago
- › Watch ^^ FREE HDQ__ Big Hero 6 (2014)Full Movie_ online Now... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Best dressed professional wrestler? 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)