or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 51

post #751 of 4110
well welll well intersting project you have going on here; am a believer Steveyoo1983 . I will need a last that will accomodate a wide fitting in ant MTO.
The shells look very appealing!!!!!!! Is the Forest last a wide fit or standard fit??? Willl be interesting if there was a rerun of these saddle shells as well.
post #752 of 4110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasymonkey View Post

well welll well intersting project you have going on here; am a believer Steveyoo1983 . I will need a last that will accomodate a wide fitting in ant MTO.
The shells look very appealing!!!!!!! Is the Forest last a wide fit or standard fit??? Willl be interesting if there was a rerun of these saddle shells as well.

Forest is standard fit but available in wide fit option for MTOs :D

post #753 of 4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyoo1983 View Post

Forest is standard fit but available in wide fit option for MTOs biggrin.gif

Ok thats good to know; still drooling on those saddles teaser photo of you.
Thanks
post #754 of 4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post
 


I would love a rain PTB in saddle.

+1

Or the PTB in saddle on the detroit last that Steve posted.

post #755 of 4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyoo1983 View Post
 

 

 

Heres mine in action :) My first pair of Saddle shell and cannot be happier!

 

 

 

 

Holy moly, those look SWEET!

post #756 of 4110

What is the fitting on the detroit last? Is there a couple pictures of that last in action?

post #757 of 4110
Thread Starter 

They are definitely wide fit.

 

I believe the picture below is member Fiddler's PTB in Cognac Shell (Saddle Shell will be slightly lighter of course)

 

Below is Armoury's Longwing in Detroit as well. (we have a Cognac Shell Longwing coming in stock in the next few month as well :slayer:

 

post #758 of 4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyoo1983 View Post

 

 (we have a Cognac Shell Longwing coming in stock in the next few month as well :slayer:

 

 

 

You're killin' me.  And yes, the Detroit is a wide-fitting last.  More so than Rain, and either equivalent to or slightly wider than Inca.

post #759 of 4110

 

 

The new navy loafer. Hotness.

post #760 of 4110

Received the Saddle Shell Derby MTO.  Could not be happier with these.  The soles are oak bark tanned from JR, I wasn't expecting that!  Thanks for making this happen, Steve.   Apologies for the poor photo quality...

 

 

 

 

 

Edited to add:  Yes, they really do look that dark, at least with my indoor lighting.  Almost like Cognac shell.  With natural lighting, they appear lighter as in Steve's photos.

post #761 of 4110
^^

Wow, can't wait to receive mine! I didn't know about JR soles, incredible.
post #762 of 4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyoo1983 View Post

They are definitely wide fit.



I believe the picture below is member Fiddler's PTB in Cognac Shell (Saddle Shell will be slightly lighter of course)



Below is Armoury's Longwing in Detroit as well. (we have a Cognac Shell Longwing coming in stock in the next few month as well icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif




Those are great looking! Ptb in saddle shell and cognac shell!
post #763 of 4110
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Those are great looking! Ptb in saddle shell and cognac shell!
post #764 of 4110
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorDucMan View Post

Received the Saddle Shell Derby MTO.  Could not be happier with these.  The soles are oak bark tanned from JR, I wasn't expecting that!  Thanks for making this happen, Steve.   Apologies for the poor photo quality...









Edited to add:  Yes, they really do look that dark, at least with my indoor lighting.  Almost like Cognac shell.  With natural lighting, they appear lighter as in Steve's photos.

Wow that dark in person?? I am confused! Maybe I can do saddle instead of cognac. confused.gif
post #765 of 4110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Wow that dark in person?? I am confused! Maybe I can do saddle instead of cognac. confused.gif

Hmm... I think that might jst be a combination of porducman's saddle shell batch being a little darker than others, plus poot inside lighting? Mine & others I've checked are def lighter....here is 'un-instagramed' 'un-edited' photo via my iPhone taken outside the same day

Edited by steveyoo1983 - 10/28/13 at 9:28pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread