Ah, my mistake. I like the spice, but it's the kind of thing I wouldn't wear often. Since I couldn't get away with it on casual days at work I couldn't get away with spending $500+ on it :). I salute those who can pull it off.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandFinamoretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemFinamore Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:35pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 38
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 36299/5/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
Why do you think its difficult to pull off? To me it feels like one of the most versatile suedes opposed to dark brown being the easiest. I think whether you pair it back with grey, blue, tan, denim, anything except black you will have a winning combination.post #558 of 36299/5/13 at 10:50pm
I agree that it is easy to pull off in a general outfit, but the reddish tones make it a touch too casual for work. I've also not been a major fan of the reddish soles since everyone in Brooklyn seemed to have bought a pair.
That being said if I won the lottery tomorrow I would totally go for Spice in this pattern: http://www.styleforum.net/t/350127/lightbox/post/6575176/id/952452. Since I spend ~80% of my time at work it doesn't make sense for me to deviate from work appropriate items. It's more of an economic issue.
For $60 I would jump on them, but Carmina quality is overkill for something I'd wear a few times a month.
Hope that makes sense :).post #559 of 36299/5/13 at 10:54pmpost #560 of 36299/5/13 at 11:02pmpost #561 of 36299/5/13 at 11:04pmpost #562 of 36299/5/13 at 11:14pmpost #563 of 36299/5/13 at 11:18pmpost #564 of 36299/5/13 at 11:30pmpost #565 of 36299/8/13 at 8:40ampost #566 of 36299/8/13 at 11:00amThread Starterpost #567 of 36299/8/13 at 2:32pmpost #568 of 36299/8/13 at 4:19pmThread Starterpost #569 of 36299/10/13 at 11:25ampost #570 of 36299/10/13 at 11:38am
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › The multi-pattern Good Taste Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Filson Rucksack Otter Green 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Suits Around $1500-1800? 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...