We need moar Simpson lasted offerings!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandFinamoretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemFinamore Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:57 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- LeatherFoot: Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 12/12/14 at 11:27am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 3post #31 of 46886/10/13 at 7:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 46886/10/13 at 8:17pmpost #33 of 46886/11/13 at 8:38amThread StarterQuote:
Simpson split toe derby's been on my mind for my next MTO haha...wait was it you who planted this idea in my head with snuff suede??Quote:
Thank you Viral!post #34 of 46886/11/13 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #35 of 46886/11/13 at 8:59amQuote:
Definitely not me. On my list of things I seldom consider are both split toe and derby. But I did recently see a Carmina split toe single monk in the shoe p0rn thread that made me drool a little.
My idea was the snuff suede (or brown suede to switch it up) single monk. Armoury offers it on the Armoury last for an absurd amount plus shipping and Skoak doesn't carry many sizes and won't be re-stocking unfortuantely. It's so lovely and I want it! Both of them had the snuff suede. If you were to mix it up and go with brown, that'd be legit.
(Credit to Armoury for the photo, sorry to post from affiliate to affiliate)
This in Simpson, brown suede.
Also, those shirts look amazing. Unfortunately, paying $500 for shoes is already laughing in the face of what my budget used to be. Those shirts are something I can only andmire and wish for.post #36 of 46886/11/13 at 11:25ampost #37 of 46886/11/13 at 11:35ampost #38 of 46886/11/13 at 11:58am
Give me the rest of this month to recover financially (I'm also part of the NPC for July) and lets force Steve to make another MTO. :-D Would you rock it in a darker suede? Same suede as the string loafer for this MTO?
ETA: Here is Skoak's Rain version. They're really close but I like the Armourys a little more. Not sure what you'd call it but the piece of leather that actually has the strap, how it extends forward a little bit. Sells it even more for me.
Edited by mrjester - 6/11/13 at 12:10pmpost #39 of 46886/11/13 at 12:48pmpost #40 of 46886/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #41 of 46886/11/13 at 2:28pmpost #42 of 46886/11/13 at 3:16pmThread Starter
I see a new MTO forming here! 2 eyelet derby?? looks sweet! If we can get 6, in the next week or two, im pretty sure we can squeeze it in for the fall delivery!post #43 of 46886/11/13 at 4:10pmIs there a firm deadline for the navy shell loafers? Also, wanted to get your guys' opinion on something: to what extent do you guys think it would be possible to lighten the navy shell over time with some diligent polishing/waxing? I'm not talking anything drastic, or anything that would happen overnight, but for a pair of loafers I'd love to "control" the aging a bit (if I can) and direct it to the lighter end. I think I recall seeing some contrast photos from some guys who did that (one went dark, one light) to a pair of EGs posted on the Leather Soul site and the difference was pretty dramatic (and awesome, they both looked great).
ETA: how many so far?post #44 of 46886/11/13 at 4:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by dlm4114
Is there a firm deadline for the navy shell loafers? Also, wanted to get your guys' opinion on something: to what extent do you guys think it would be possible to lighten the navy shell over time with some diligent polishing/waxing? I'm not talking anything drastic, or anything that would happen overnight, but for a pair of loafers I'd love to "control" the aging a bit (if I can) and direct it to the lighter end. I think I recall seeing some contrast photos from some guys who did that (one went dark, one light) to a pair of EGs posted on the Leather Soul site and the difference was pretty dramatic (and awesome, they both looked great).
ETA: how many so far?
If the navy shell is from horween, it will lighten over time simply by wearing. At least the pair that I own have.post #45 of 46886/11/13 at 4:36pmThread StarterQuote:
That was my understanding too!
Currently we have 2 confirmed and 3 awaiting confirmation! (one more to seal the deal!) They will be shipped free along with your choice of either abbeyhorn shoe horn or saphir renovateur cream as a gift! We need to order by next week at the latest btw.
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 59 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help a mid-late 20s guy with his shoes! 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...