KerryT, welcome to Styleforum.
Both are fails.
Too late now but for future reference:
- Never wear a pinstriped jacket as a sport coat. Why? It is an orphaned look and a no-no.
- Wrong shade of blue on that shirt and the tie is dead. Lighter, Wear Sky Blue or White.
- Pants are too long and too casual.
- Shoes are hideous. They are blobby and Bicycle-toed squared toes. Burn them.
- Suit is not properly (if at all) tailored. Sleeves too long. Overall boxy shape. Pants too long.
- Shirt too dark again. Wear a white, off-white or sky blue shirt and plain grenadine burgundy tie.
- There are those hideous shoes again. You need to wear something else or buy new shoes.
There is everything wrong with your choices thus far. If you expect Engineers wages, you had better look the part, even though most of the time you will probably not even wear a suit at the office, you should have at least 2 decent suits in your wardrobe.
For an interview, wear a plain Navy or Charcoal Grey suit. Wear a pair of black Balmoral shoes.
An example of a decent Balmoral is the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue
Buy a pair of properly fitted shoe trees for the shoes.Polishing Tip
Polish only the Cap Toes with either Black Wax Polish or Dark Marine Blue Cream Polish. This will give an elegant two-tone effect.
Best of luck on the interview.