or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/31/13 - BE LIKE BARBERA ( aka - the four pattern challenge )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/31/13 - BE LIKE BARBERA ( aka - the four pattern challenge ) - Page 13

Poll Results: The Be Like Barbera Four Pattern Challenge - Who did it best?

Poll expired: Jun 4, 2013 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 3% (6)
    mimo
  • 1% (2)
    RogerC
  • 11% (18)
    clapeyron
  • 1% (2)
    Ian Erickson
  • 0% (0)
    Thin White Duke
  • 21% (32)
    Tirailleur1
  • 5% (9)
    Cantabrigian
  • 15% (24)
    SpooPoker
  • 0% (1)
    eazye
  • 1% (3)
    MRMstl
  • 9% (14)
    Mr. Six
  • 10% (16)
    Orgetorix
  • 7% (12)
    GMMcL
  • 6% (10)
    Betelgeuse
  • 4% (7)
    Licious
  • 10% (16)
    in stitches
  • 1% (3)
    Holdfast
  • 0% (0)
    gringodaddy
  • 23% (35)
    NOBD
  • 4% (7)
    Pingson
  • 9% (15)
    Pliny
  • 2% (4)
    sugarbutch
  • 26% (40)
    timotune
  • 3% (5)
    SeaJen
  • 6% (10)
    DerekS
  • 5% (9)
    An Acute Style
  • 35% (53)
    TTO
151 Total Votes  
post #181 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Incorrect, Stitchy. Nothing is made for khakis because khakis suck. biggrin.gif
Seriously, though, the shirt resolves to a solid from more than a couple of feet away, and the scale comparison really depends on what you see as the scale on the suit. To my eye, the suit's pattern scale is the larger elements of the check, but if you see the smaller elements as the scale, then certainly it won't work for you. I suspect that this is what's happening for Orge's Mowgli...

THEY DO NOT!!! YOU SUCK FOR SAYING THAT!!!

i thought the scale was totally fine. it just struck me as way to fun and colorful for the somber formal GP. horses for courses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

Thanks. Looking forward seeing you with a PS ;-)

SOON!!! like right after this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

This competition... it is stiff... like Stitches in a Borelli fetish store.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

I really gotta get some patterned summer SCs. All my checked tweeds aren't doing me any good when it's 90 degrees out frown.gif

same here. almost all my true summer SCs are solid.
post #182 of 423
i humbly submit, my first ever attempt at 4 patterns, and the steps i took to get there.

first things first, i needed a PS.

originally i decided i would make my own. so i tried out the exclusive stitch brand PS.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

MADE FROM SPECIAL NO LONGER AVAILABLE CARPET REMNANTS!!!!



sadly, they were wrong for the rest of the combination.


so i moved on.


i said hey, everybody raves about the rubi victory PS. ill get one of those, cant go wrong with that could i? hand rolled edges and great delicate stitching.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

ZOMG THEY WERE RIGHT!!! THIS PS TRULY IS AMAZING!!!!



but alas, that would be swinging for the fences to early in my PS career.


so i moved on.


i settled on this lovely PS i found at BB, and i quite like it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



and here are the items i paired it with. SC windowpane did not quite come out right in this pic. frown.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


and when i went and put it all together, i could not help but smile. smile.gif











i hope this was not a total failure, as you may not see me in a PS again for a long while, and i would hate for this rare occasion to be a flop. savor the flavor, my doods.
post #183 of 423

Keep the tag on so you can return it now that the photo shoot is over!

post #184 of 423
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #185 of 423
A real eye pleasure so far with these entries
post #186 of 423

Stitchy, that's a helluva outfit. I like it.

 

ETA: It looks like you forgot to shine your shoes again.

Kidding.

post #187 of 423
In all honesty you should have gone with the victory pocket sq. Not only would it have appeased is sf plebs it would have satisfied the Foo-ites
post #188 of 423

In meetings today, so I had to keep it pretty conservative.  Hopefully this still satisfies the entry requirements (if not, maybe the 5th pattern bonus pic gets me over the hump).

 

 

 

 

Office artwork 5th pattern bonus pic:  cool.gif

 

post #189 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i humbly submit, my first ever attempt at 4 patterns, and the steps i took to get there.

first things first, i needed a PS.

originally i decided i would make my own. so i tried out the exclusive stitch brand PS.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

MADE FROM SPECIAL NO LONGER AVAILABLE CARPET REMNANTS!!!!



sadly, they were wrong for the rest of the combination.


so i moved on.


i said hey, everybody raves about the rubi victory PS. ill get one of those, cant go wrong with that could i? hand rolled edges and great delicate stitching.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

ZOMG THEY WERE RIGHT!!! THIS PS TRULY IS AMAZING!!!!



but alas, that would be swinging for the fences to early in my PS career.


so i moved on.


i settled on this lovely PS i found at BB, and i quite like it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



and here are the items i paired it with. SC windowpane did not quite come out right in this pic. frown.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


and when i went and put it all together, i could not help but smile. smile.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







i hope this was not a total failure, as you may not see me in a PS again for a long while, and i would hate for this rare occasion to be a flop. savor the flavor, my doods.

Very, very nice Stich. See adding that PS was not so bad, was it?? nod[1].gif
post #190 of 423
Quote:

i hope this was not a total failure, as you may not see me in a PS again for a long while, and i would hate for this rare occasion to be a flop. savor the flavor, my doods.

 

PS looks great.  Skillfully coordinated and no matchiness!   icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #191 of 423

@Pliny: That is very, very nice!

 

@HoldFast: Awesome!

 

@NOBD: I'm really liking that 4-pattern casual combo, if TTO includes you in the poll, you will have a vote. :)

 

@Licious: Looking good!

 

@Estitchy: Estichy that combo is icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif yeap, just like that icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif and liked the detailed process of outfit selection haha. lol8[1].gif

 

I think I will not upload my combo. 

post #192 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringodaddy View Post

Keep the tag on so you can return it now that the photo shoot is over!

i have the tag in the bag, but i think ill keep it. worst case it makes a nice gift, best case its just something pretty to have. i like the design a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

fistbump.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Stitchy, that's a helluva outfit. I like it.
ETA: It looks like you forgot to shine your shoes again.
Kidding.

thanks!

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

In all honesty you should have gone with the victory pocket sq. Not only would it have appeased is sf plebs it would have satisfied the Foo-ites

maybe next time smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Very, very nice Stich. See adding that PS was not so bad, was it?? nod[1].gif

thanks, it was pretty rough going though. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licious View Post

PS looks great.  Skillfully coordinated and no matchiness!   icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

why thanks you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

@Estitchy: Estichy that combo is icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
 yeap, just like that icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
 and liked the detailed process of outfit selection haha. lol8[1].gif
I think I will not upload my combo. 

thank you, B. mush appreciated.

POST YOUR FIT NAOW!!!!
post #193 of 423
oops, i forgot to say this above, NOBD and pingson, very very nice combos.
post #194 of 423

^^  agreed it is very pretty.  I've handled it at BB myself.  I didn't know how deep your "no square" sentiment ran hence my comment.  I personally love them with a no tie look.  

post #195 of 423
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

I really gotta get some patterned summer SCs. All my checked tweeds aren't doing me any good when it's 90 degrees out frown.gif

 

This challenge made me realise that I don't have any dedicated summer jackets with a pattern (apart from one rarely worn seersucker). The one patterned jacket I do wear more regularly in summer is all-season. I find patterns in general in summer to be much less relevant than in winter, for some reason. I think it's partly because I have a lot of brightly coloured summery stuff, so adding a pattern on top of that feels a bit too much. Hmm...

 

Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

I think I will not upload my combo. 

 

Ah, do it anyway! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/31/13 - BE LIKE BARBERA ( aka - the four pattern challenge )