or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Is there a name for this type of textured leather...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is there a name for this type of textured leather...

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Is there a name for this type of textured (for the lack of a better descriptor) leather...thank you.

post #2 of 10

I believe that is referred to as pebble grain leather.

post #3 of 10
That is llama skin. Ask nutcracker about it. They are his shoes.
post #4 of 10
Two small-ish llama hides, I've just bought on eBay today. With a bit of luck (haven’t seen the leather yet), the brown leather might make a nice pair of shoes/boots and the blue one a summer loafer.





But then, it might not work out and I have to think of something else.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

Two small-ish llama hides, I've just bought on eBay today. With a bit of luck (haven’t seen the leather yet), the brown leather might make a nice pair of shoes/boots and the blue one a summer loafer.





But then, it might not work out and I have to think of something else.

Damn. Very nice. If the brown does not work out for you, I'd be interested.
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

That is llama skin. Ask nutcracker about it. They are his shoes.

Thank you.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

That is llama skin. Ask nutcracker about it. They are his shoes.

 

JB, any ID on the maker?  I know Nutcracker's partial to Japanese artisans so my guess would be Fukaya due to the last.  Just curious.

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilla View Post

JB, any ID on the maker?  I know Nutcracker's partial to Japanese artisans........

The shoes are by Koji Suzuki (Spigola)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-p0rn-central-part-ii/14520#post_5939076

http://www.styleforum.net/t/283163/koji-suzuki-spigola-interview-from-last-magazine-translated
post #9 of 10

Thanks Bengal, I should have figured.  The Llama looks incredible.

post #10 of 10
Llama typically has more veins in the texture that separates it from pebble/scotch grains, it's also apparently incredibly supple stuff.
They just made an ankle boot out of the stuff over in the Epaulet x Carmina MTO thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/3165#post_6351272
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Is there a name for this type of textured leather...