or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vogel and other shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vogel and other shoes - Page 3

post #31 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
As an aside, was the 'immediate gratification' your only reason for choosing the Westons? MtB
That and the fact that an EG special order would cost $200-$300 more given the current state of the US dollar.
post #32 of 37
Quote:
It looks to me like Windermere is pretty much the exact same pattern as the Westons pictured. You would, of course, have a choice of lasts with the Windermere that you wouldn't with the Westons.
Quote:
It looks to me like Windermere is pretty much the exact same pattern as the Westons pictured. You would, of course, have a choice of lasts with the Windermere that you wouldn't with the Westons.
I believe that jcusey is absolutely correct. For special order Weston does not allow a choice of last. The client can choose the leather, have some modifications made to the sole, etc.. but no choice of last. I never used the "computer order", measurements taken by a computer (this program was discontinued) in the upstairs room at the Madeleine boutique but I believe that in this case it was also not possible to change last. Timeless, let me congratulate on your Vogel and thank you for the interesting review. Also, your Weston 556 are a great pair of shoes (I own a pair in black suede bought at the NYC store),  but I believe that they were discontinued. Finally, on a more personal note, I am also a bit fed up with Ernest derogatory comments. However, being French myself, I must ask you to be understanding. It is very easy to buy an English shirt on sale, unfortunately, politeness  and a decent education are rather impossible to purchase. William
post #33 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I believe that jcusey is absolutely correct. For special order Weston does not allow a choice of last.
Thank you for confirming this.
Quote:
Finally, on a more personal note, I am also a bit fed up with Ernest derogatory comments. However, being French myself, I must ask you to be understanding. It is very easy to buy an English shirt on sale, unfortunately, politeness and a decent education are rather impossible to purchase.
M. Massena - Merci pour vos mots aimables et ne vous en faites pas à propos des bêtises écrits par ernest. Les reguliers sur ce forum ne lui prêtent plus l'attention et sont peut-être plus amusés que gênés par ses postes. Phew. that's the most French I've written in years..
post #34 of 37
I've never tried ordering a Weston on a different last, only in different leathers or soles. However, I have been able to order Westons that were not offered for sale.
post #35 of 37
Quote:
That and the fact that an EG special order would cost $200-$300 more given the current state of the US dollar.  
That are a lot of very good reasons  
Quote:
For special order Weston does not allow a choice of last. The client can choose the leather, have some modifications made to the sole, etc.. but no choice of last.
Thank you indeed for your confirmation. EG starts to look more and more promising indeed (for me). MtB
post #36 of 37
Quote:
I've never tried ordering a Weston on a different last, only in different leathers or soles.  However, I have been able to order Westons that were not offered for sale.
Dear T4, Could you provide more details. Were these shoes an existing model that was no longer made in NWT? Your design? I am much curious (and interested)
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage,30 June 2004, 12:20
I've never tried ordering a Weston on a different last, only in different leathers or soles.  However, I have been able to order Westons that were not offered for sale.
Dear T4, Could you provide more details. Were these shoes an existing model that was no longer made in NWT? Your design? I am much curious (and interested)
It was a Perry designed plain oxford in kidskin.  It was never made for production.  However, I was able to place a special order for it, and even chose my own colours. edit: I don't think that the last was that different from his other designs. It was mainly the upper that was different.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vogel and other shoes