or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013 - Page 73

post #1081 of 1715

New Tricker's x EG?

 

http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/topics/222/j222.html

 

There's also Tricker's x Nepenthes

 

http://neptokyo-news.jugem.jp/?eid=942

post #1082 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1979 View Post

Has anyone seen the Classic shirt in grey flannel anywhere, in size Small? I snoozed on
the one at The Next Door.
Also tried Nepenthes, but sold out in Small frown.gif Anyone know of anywhere else?

As a last resort I will proxy from Japan, but I'd appreciate sizing advice from anyone who bought this piece. I'm guessing it fits slightly larger to be worn as an over-shirt, so go true-to-size?

Thanks.
post #1083 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1979 View Post

Also tried Nepenthes, but sold out in Small frown.gif Anyone know of anywhere else?

As a last resort I will proxy from Japan, but I'd appreciate sizing advice from anyone who bought this piece. I'm guessing it fits slightly larger to be worn as an over-shirt, so go true-to-size?

Thanks.

I tried on one of the classic flannel shirts when they first dropped and I remembered them being pretty big.
post #1084 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

Considering this didn't get responses, I ended up picking up the grey sweater knit version from Nepenthes NYC (outstanding customer service and responsiveness BTW) and thought I'd share some quick (though crappy) phone pics I took. I'm about 5'8", 150 lbs and this is a size small. Initially, I wasn't sure if I liked the styling on me, but after trying it out with numerous fits and different variations of shawl buttoning style, it's growing on me. What do you guys think?


I like this best left open as in the pic I quoted. It does look a bit boxy/bulky but I'm sure it's because it is new. It'll soften up over time. To my eye, it's a standout piece this season.

Personally, I'm still looking for the FW '11 Shawl Sweater Knit cardigan in Grey (Gary carried it). It's probably most most-wanted FW piece, though I may settle on this one if the quest proves unsuccessful.

Good to see you posting about EG again, tonio028.
post #1085 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOA View Post


Personally, I'm still looking for the FW '11 Shawl Sweater Knit cardigan in Grey (Gary carried it). It's probably most most-wanted FW piece, though I may settle on this one if the quest proves unsuccessful.
 

I agree. The snowflake version just popped up on ebay in small. Not cheap and expensive shipping from Sweden, but it is a rare piece.

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #1086 of 1715
^Saw that. Beautiful piece but I'm a Medium and that just doesn't fit my style. Someone really should grab it, though.
post #1087 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1979 View Post

Also tried Nepenthes, but sold out in Small frown.gif Anyone know of anywhere else?

As a last resort I will proxy from Japan, but I'd appreciate sizing advice from anyone who bought this piece. I'm guessing it fits slightly larger to be worn as an over-shirt, so go true-to-size?

Thanks.

I bought the piece in size S. Measurements from back laid flat are:

Shoulder: 17.5"
P2P: 21"
Length: 27.5"
Sleeve inside: 21.5"
Sleeve outside: 24.5"

I went true to size since I will be wearing over 1-2 layers, so want the extra room. I think that is the way it was designed.

On another note, I just sent back a miner shirt to Nepenthes in grey/navy size S. That shirt is a full size too large. Shoulder was 18.5" and totally off for me. That's the first EG S I have ever returned for being too big.
post #1088 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex99 View Post

I bought the piece in size S. Measurements from back laid flat are:

Shoulder: 17.5"
P2P: 21"
Length: 27.5"
Sleeve inside: 21.5"
Sleeve outside: 24.5"

I went true to size since I will be wearing over 1-2 layers, so want the extra room. I think that is the way it was designed.

On another note, I just sent back a miner shirt to Nepenthes in grey/navy size S. That shirt is a full size too large. Shoulder was 18.5" and totally off for me. That's the first EG S I have ever returned for being too big.

I picked up a miner too and the Large is definitely at least a half size bigger than usual.. Planning on wearing it as an over shirt mainly.

Anyone picked up a workshirt yet this season and has any comments on sizing? The Bureau have suggested that it fits long also, but the listed measurements havnt changed...
post #1089 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmoney View Post


I picked up a miner too and the Large is definitely at least a half size bigger than usual.. Planning on wearing it as an over shirt mainly.

Anyone picked up a workshirt yet this season and has any comments on sizing? The Bureau have suggested that it fits long also, but the listed measurements havnt changed...

They fit a full size large imho. I am normally a small in EG, and I got the chambray work shirt in xs this season. There's still enough room to layer under it.

post #1090 of 1715
Depends on fabric too. Chambray workshirt fits big, I went with a medium, but I tried one of the heathered Oxford ones and I would definitely need a large in that one.
post #1091 of 1715

Liking the Service coat quite a lot

 

 

 

 

 

LB parka in printed corduroy is pretty cool, though I'd be worried about looking like a slightly more fashionable Jesse Pinkman

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #1092 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1979 View Post

Also tried Nepenthes, but sold out in Small frown.gif Anyone know of anywhere else?

As a last resort I will proxy from Japan, but I'd appreciate sizing advice from anyone who bought this piece. I'm guessing it fits slightly larger to be worn as an over-shirt, so go true-to-size?

Thanks.
Gentry carries the shirt: http://gentrynyc.com/collections/engineered-garments/products/eg-classic-shirt-grey-wool
post #1093 of 1715
Wow the CPO shirt looks much more substantial than I thought. I can see myself wearing that as an outer jacket in a warmer climate

post #1094 of 1715
Shawl Knit (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post


Considering this didn't get responses, I ended up picking up the grey sweater knit version from Nepenthes NYC (outstanding customer service and responsiveness BTW) and thought I'd share some quick (though crappy) phone pics I took. I'm about 5'8", 150 lbs and this is a size small. Initially, I wasn't sure if I liked the styling on me, but after trying it out with numerous fits and different variations of shawl buttoning style, it's growing on me. What do you guys think? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

 

Is this a FW13 piece? If so, missed it somehow. Loos stellar from the front, bit bulky from the bag but I want it. Likely will need L. (I think you wear it very well with those sweat-ish pants (Some on here detest that look. I like it a lot. Different shoes though :)). Cantstyleace, what Barena piece are you talking about in that context? Maybe the knit jacket in gray herringbone is also a nice, slightly cleaner alternative. Saw it in SF this week but not in my size. It looks much better in person than in pics.

 

On CPOs: Really did not like EG (style and fit) this season and went with Orslow instead. Simple, dynamite wool fabric and stellar fit (on me, at least).

 

Mike

post #1095 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

FW11 navy wool embroidery cpo, its a mid weight loosely woven wool, drapes really nice and breathes very well so not too warm over ls or t, but if you put a vest or light jacket over it, or buttoned with scarf, it gets pretty comfy and warm.

I'd only seen 1 pic of that piece in some fabric where it looked pretty puffy, particularly the collar and sleeves looked thick and poofy but I think that ribbed? fabric on yours doesnt make it look bad though, does the collar look ok folded down or too thick? probably just needs a good overall stretch to smooth out the fabric.
I like that kind of layed back & cozy piece but I keep waiting for the perfect shawl neck cardigan belted robe thing which ideally would hit me lower than that one,,,, I had to resist the long barena cardi on yoox pretty hard just cuz I think that one would be a bit too long.

Thanks for the info, embroidery cpo seems nice.

I had only seen a few worn pics of this particular shawl version on two or three Japanese sites, the black version at Haven and the lookbook and a few Japanese sites as well. I think the fabric needs to settle a bit, but the collar doesn't look too bad I don't think folded. I took a quick shot of it the other day trying it on again. It can actually be molded a bit so it can be shaped and styled differently. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
C2kL8yB.jpg

I have a belted knit shawl robe from Nonnative that I grabbed last season as part of the same hunt for something similar, but I like the EG version because of the button closure it provides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOA View Post

I like this best left open as in the pic I quoted. It does look a bit boxy/bulky but I'm sure it's because it is new. It'll soften up over time. To my eye, it's a standout piece this season.

Personally, I'm still looking for the FW '11 Shawl Sweater Knit cardigan in Grey (Gary carried it). It's probably most most-wanted FW piece, though I may settle on this one if the quest proves unsuccessful.

Good to see you posting about EG again, tonio028.

Yeah, open I feel is best in terms of styling/fit, but I have to say it is pretty warm once it is closed up to the fullest and belted. I am upset I missed out on the FW12 boucle or the grey one you mentioned also, loved the fabrics on those, but this one is very good as well I must say.

I definitely felt it was a standout piece, enough so to pick it up at the price point when I haven't picked up EG pieces in a while. In fact, there are quite a few pieces from this season that have caught my interest again. Although I haven't posted much in threads, I have continued to follow as I still enjoy the aesthetic it brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post

Is this a FW13 piece? If so, missed it somehow. Loos stellar from the front, bit bulky from the bag but I want it. Likely will need L. (I think you wear it very well with those sweat-ish pants (Some on here detest that look. I like it a lot. Different shoes though smile.gif ). Cantstyleace, what Barena piece are you talking about in that context? Maybe the knit jacket in gray herringbone is also a nice, slightly cleaner alternative. Saw it in SF this week but not in my size. It looks much better in person than in pics.

On CPOs: Really did not like EG (style and fit) this season and went with Orslow instead. Simple, dynamite wool fabric and stellar fit (on me, at least).

Mike

This is the FW13 version. Here it is from Gentry's site (though sold out it appears): http://gentrynyc.com/collections/engineered-garments/products/eg-shawl-collar-knit-jacket

The styling with the sweat type pants was purely coincidence since I threw it on right before bed and I was lounging around. Ironically though, the pants are by EG, they're the wool jersey Essex pants from last FW12 season: http://www.secondstage2008.jp/L-ENGINEERED12FW-ESSEXPANT-WOOLJERSEY-GREY.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013