or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Sportcoats Under $300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Sportcoats Under $300

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Where do y'all buy your Sportcoats? I don't have any interest to spend more than $300 on a jacket to wear with jeans and a button down shirt. Are there good values out there? I've check Brooks Brothers, Charles Thyrwitt, and SuitSupply and haven't found many good jackets at a good value.
post #2 of 6
Just picked up a couple of Massimo Dutti blazers each under $300. Quality isn't quite Suit Supply level, but the fit OTR is pretty good for the price.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop86 View Post

Just picked up a couple of Massimo Dutti blazers each under $300. Quality isn't quite Suit Supply level, but the fit OTR is pretty good for the price.
SuitSupply sportcoats are $400+. Are they worth is when they are unconstrcuted?
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post


SuitSupply sportcoats are $400+. Are they worth is when they are unconstrcuted?

Depends. Howard Yount and the BS forum offer superior goods at a comparable price, problem is, it's a one man show with regard to Yount and the forum requires patience. I just saw some KILLER summer weight jackets sell over there.

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Depends. Howard Yount and the BS forum offer superior goods at a comparable price, problem is, it's a one man show with regard to Yount and the forum requires patience. I just saw some KILLER summer weight jackets sell over there.
Never been a fan of the BS forum. I've purchased a few things on there and sometimes the pictures arent accurate to the color. Also, it is always best to try a blazer on before spending money.

Can you tell me more about Howard Yount? Their jackets look really good. They are just over $400.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

SuitSupply sportcoats are $400+. Are they worth is when they are unconstrcuted?

yes. Fit and construction are great. at 3-400 youre not getting kiton level quality. but they fit great and look nice.

HY makes a really nice blazer as well, but I prefer SS for the fit and selection.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Sportcoats Under $300