Recent Images In This Thread
Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The EndLast edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random food thoughts - Street edition - Page 30post #436 of 6318/10/14 at 3:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #437 of 6318/10/14 at 4:21pmQuote:
I work in the food industry and I'd say BBQ sauce is one of the few items that is as good or better made in large, controlled batches. All of the ingredients are already processed and handle heat just fine so nothing is really lost.post #438 of 6318/10/14 at 4:25pmpost #439 of 6318/11/14 at 6:42pmpost #440 of 6318/13/14 at 9:53amis Los Altos Grill any good? Are they friendly to those who have dairy allergy/lactose intolerance?
I'm just recovering from a bad breakout after a crappy diet and I'd hate to start the cycle again. I know this maybe a crappy attitude to have but its literally the only thing I think about when I dine out. I like to keep a clear complexion...
@cyc wid it you been?post #441 of 6318/13/14 at 2:46pmpost #442 of 6318/13/14 at 3:04pmpost #443 of 6318/13/14 at 3:44pmpost #444 of 6318/13/14 at 3:48pmpost #445 of 6319/8/14 at 9:00am
One way to make better lunch decisions is to ALWAYS eat breakfast in the morning. That way, by lunch you can make a smart choice instead of one out of severe hunger and desparation. It is always good to eat foods higher in protein and fiber and less on the carbohydrates. Eggs, yogurt, and fruit are foods that contain high levels of fiber.
Shakes are a popular recommendation because they are also low in sugar and high in protein. Shakes are easy to make, take less time to prepare, and also allow you to blend all the proper food groups; from carbohydrates, to proteins, to fibers – your body will thank you and you’ll feel great. Plus, you can take it on the go, therefore you can premake a shake for lunch and keep it in the office fridge for a satisfying meal.post #446 of 6319/8/14 at 7:08pmpost #447 of 6319/8/14 at 9:11pmpost #448 of 6319/10/14 at 2:58pmCold buckwheat summer soba with ginger soy vinaigrette
6 tbs soy sauce
sugar (I use 2 tbs, add or reduce to taste, upwards of 4 tbs will still be delicious)
3 tbs sesame oil
3 tbs rice vinegar
2-4 tbs of water, depends on how strong you want it. I prefer stronger (2 tbs of water) since the noodles will dilute the flavor anyways
bit of dark soy sauce, not too much or it will overwhelm everything
grated/minced ginger, to taste. i like getting the kick of ginger, so i leave small chunks of it
korean pepper powder (don't overdo it.. it's a summer meal afterall)
put it in a bowl and whisk
buckwheat soba noodles (dunk in ice water after making)
sliced green onions
sliced fried tofu
soft boiled quail egg (about 2 - 2.5 min in a cold start boil, 4 min to hard boil, don't overdo it or it will be chalky)
fresh mung bean sprouts
you can add whatever the fuck you want on these noodles. I sometimes do soy glazed shiitake mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, thin sliced egg crepe, poached egg, cold seafood does well (shrimp & calamari are A+++), etc. etc. Make it your own!
my favorite dish to eat in the summer. very easy to make and also very cheap if you make it vegetarian. If you are feeling rich you can add seafood. With cold noodles I like to play with textures: crunch from fresh bell pepper and bean sprouts, the pop and ooze of soft boiled quail eggs, softness of buckwheat noodles.post #449 of 6319/10/14 at 11:09pmGary Danko this weekend. As a lifetime bay area resident, I've never been - kind of gone out of my way to avoid it TBH. Anyone been recently? I'll probably pick a 3 items a la carte as the reservation is late in the evening.
If I'm really missing out on the tasting menu, I'm not opposed, but yeah. The wine list is also highway robbery, so I'll probably just bring some champagne and call it a day.
- Random food thoughts - Street edition
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 7 seconds ago
- › 8 Things You Might Not Know About H&M 46 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Ledbury - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...