Recent Images In This Thread
Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
Last edited: 2/4/16
- Three Holiday Cocktails Worth CelebratingLast edited: 12/20/15
- The Best Beers for Autumn (No Pumpkins Allowed)Last edited: 10/22/15
- Styleforum Eats its Way Through TokyoLast edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump - Clothes, Cocktails,...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random food thoughts - Street edition - Page 30post #436 of 7088/10/14 at 3:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #437 of 7088/10/14 at 4:21pmQuote:
I work in the food industry and I'd say BBQ sauce is one of the few items that is as good or better made in large, controlled batches. All of the ingredients are already processed and handle heat just fine so nothing is really lost.post #438 of 7088/10/14 at 4:25pmpost #439 of 7088/11/14 at 6:42pmpost #440 of 7088/13/14 at 9:53amis Los Altos Grill any good? Are they friendly to those who have dairy allergy/lactose intolerance?
I'm just recovering from a bad breakout after a crappy diet and I'd hate to start the cycle again. I know this maybe a crappy attitude to have but its literally the only thing I think about when I dine out. I like to keep a clear complexion...
@cyc wid it you been?post #441 of 7088/13/14 at 2:46pmpost #442 of 7088/13/14 at 3:04pmpost #443 of 7088/13/14 at 3:44pmpost #444 of 7088/13/14 at 3:48pmpost #445 of 7089/8/14 at 9:00am
One way to make better lunch decisions is to ALWAYS eat breakfast in the morning. That way, by lunch you can make a smart choice instead of one out of severe hunger and desparation. It is always good to eat foods higher in protein and fiber and less on the carbohydrates. Eggs, yogurt, and fruit are foods that contain high levels of fiber.
Shakes are a popular recommendation because they are also low in sugar and high in protein. Shakes are easy to make, take less time to prepare, and also allow you to blend all the proper food groups; from carbohydrates, to proteins, to fibers – your body will thank you and you’ll feel great. Plus, you can take it on the go, therefore you can premake a shake for lunch and keep it in the office fridge for a satisfying meal.post #446 of 7089/8/14 at 7:08pmpost #447 of 7089/8/14 at 9:11pmpost #448 of 7089/10/14 at 2:58pmCold buckwheat summer soba with ginger soy vinaigrette
6 tbs soy sauce
sugar (I use 2 tbs, add or reduce to taste, upwards of 4 tbs will still be delicious)
3 tbs sesame oil
3 tbs rice vinegar
2-4 tbs of water, depends on how strong you want it. I prefer stronger (2 tbs of water) since the noodles will dilute the flavor anyways
bit of dark soy sauce, not too much or it will overwhelm everything
grated/minced ginger, to taste. i like getting the kick of ginger, so i leave small chunks of it
korean pepper powder (don't overdo it.. it's a summer meal afterall)
put it in a bowl and whisk
buckwheat soba noodles (dunk in ice water after making)
sliced green onions
sliced fried tofu
soft boiled quail egg (about 2 - 2.5 min in a cold start boil, 4 min to hard boil, don't overdo it or it will be chalky)
fresh mung bean sprouts
you can add whatever the fuck you want on these noodles. I sometimes do soy glazed shiitake mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, thin sliced egg crepe, poached egg, cold seafood does well (shrimp & calamari are A+++), etc. etc. Make it your own!
my favorite dish to eat in the summer. very easy to make and also very cheap if you make it vegetarian. If you are feeling rich you can add seafood. With cold noodles I like to play with textures: crunch from fresh bell pepper and bean sprouts, the pop and ooze of soft boiled quail eggs, softness of buckwheat noodles.post #449 of 7089/10/14 at 11:09pmGary Danko this weekend. As a lifetime bay area resident, I've never been - kind of gone out of my way to avoid it TBH. Anyone been recently? I'll probably pick a 3 items a la carte as the reservation is late in the evening.
If I'm really missing out on the tasting menu, I'm not opposed, but yeah. The wine list is also highway robbery, so I'll probably just bring some champagne and call it a day.
- Random food thoughts - Street edition
- Three Holiday Cocktails Worth Celebrating
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 46 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.