Lost one of the glasses in my vintage Ray-Bans. Would like to buy two new glasses but can`t find out wich model this is. They are aprox 18-20 years old.
Edited by ownygaard - 8/1/13 at 3:00pm
I got Ray-Ban sunglasses purchased in the 80's, and I want to make sure they are authentic.
These are the marks I could find:
1. The famous white "Ray-Ban" logo on the right lens.
2. "B&L Ray-Ban U.S.A" engraving on the external side of the bridge.
3. "B&L Ray-Ban 6214 " engraving on the internal side of the bridge.
4. "BL" Laser engraving both on the left and on the right lens (near the arm hinge).
5. "BL" engraving on the metal that holds the nose pads.
Based on that, can you tell whether they are authentic or not?
I'm especially concerned with the fat that the "BL" laser engraving appears on both of the lens (which, as far as I know, ususlly appears on the left lens only).
Appreciate your help!
Whoops... correction - i just had a closer look and there is actually engraved inscriptions on the bar, top and bottom.
B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A
B&L RAY-BAN 58  14
Never noticed before! In my defense, very difficult to see unless looking for it.