or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vintage Ray Ban Expert
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vintage Ray Ban Expert - Page 118

post #1756 of 2089
what's up with these hinges?!? I've done some web-research on the glasses and have found some evidence that they're most likely authentic... but can't seem to get concrete proof that B&L used the hinges you can see on the front (not the arm... that looks accurate).

anyway, pics:



post #1757 of 2089
. just bought these at a thrift store. Was wondering if you could help me out? Please and thanks
post #1758 of 2089
.
post #1759 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcipo View Post

If they are in fact from the 70s, they should be stamped on top of the crossbar "B&L Ray-Ban USA"


 


Thanks once again for the useful details on how to describe these - now up on eBay and already got some interest.
post #1760 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinisford View Post

what's up with these hinges?!? I've done some web-research on the glasses and have found some evidence that they're most likely authentic... but can't seem to get concrete proof that B&L used the hinges you can see on the front (not the arm... that looks accurate).

anyway, pics:



 

standard wayfarer hinges. perfectly fine. looks 100% authentic. why the worry?
post #1761 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite5240 View Post

. just bought these at a thrift store. Was wondering if you could help me out? Please and thanks

 

im sure we can help you out, if we would know with what.....!?

post #1762 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownygaard View Post
 

Hi,

Lost the right lens some years ago but miss using this very comfortably shades.

Can someone help me and tell me what`s the name/model so that I can order new lenses?

 

In the frame it says B&L Rayban, they are bought in a registrated Ray Ban shop in 93/94.


Thx. Willy

 

 Hi @ownygaard they are W1536 Deco Metal Oval  it think

best would be to find a donor pair. look like a pricey adventure.

please let me know if it youre up to that.

post #1763 of 2089
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum but I'm really struggling to find information on my Ray Bans.

They are aviators with a hook, similar to the Rb3030. However they are B&L. They have the normal Ray ban logo on the left lense with the b&l logo on the right lense. Across the arch it says B&L Ray Ban USA.

They are black and the protectors on the inside both say B&L on them. I can't see any other engravings. I've checked eBay and found nothing that matches mine.

Excuse the poor quality photo. Any help is greatly appreciated. I received them from my Dad's friend around about 2001, but that's all I know. I suspect they are older than that.
post #1764 of 2089

Hi. New member here.

 

I've got some vintage 80's Ray Ban B&L Outdoorsman 62 14 Ostrich Leathers handed down from my grandpa that I would like to replace the lenses on. I would like som polarized lenses with good UV-protection (Because the original lenses are actually quite bad). The problem is that I can't seem to find out what lenses i can replace them with. Are there any original Ray Ban lenses, like the RB 3293 that will fit, or do I have to get some made?

 

In advance, thanks for the help.

post #1765 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwonder View Post

Hi. New member here.

I've got some vintage 80's Ray Ban B&L Outdoorsman 62 14 Ostrich Leathers handed down from my grandpa that I would like to replace the lenses on. I would like som polarized lenses with good UV-protection (Because the original lenses are actually quite bad). The problem is that I can't seem to find out what lenses i can replace them with. Are there any original Ray Ban lenses, like the RB 3293 that will fit, or do I have to get some made?

In advance, thanks for the help.

Depends if you're wanting to replace with original Bausch and Lomb lenses, or newer luxottica ones?

It's easier to pick up a pair of luxottica polarised lenses. There's a few models that will fit, but the easiest is the RB3025 in 62mm will go in fine. Or could use the 3029, 3026.

If you want Bausch and Lomb & Polarized, they will be harder to hunt down.
post #1766 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafia1 View Post


Depends if you're wanting to replace with original Bausch and Lomb lenses, or newer luxottica ones?

It's easier to pick up a pair of luxottica polarised lenses. There's a few models that will fit, but the easiest is the RB3025 in 62mm will go in fine. Or could use the 3029, 3026.

If you want Bausch and Lomb & Polarized, they will be harder to hunt down.

Thanks!

I've tried finding B&L lenses, but they are hard to come by. I don't mind "upgrading" them with newer RB-lenses, so I guess I'll find me some 3025, 26 or 29's then. Just to clarify, my shades are the outdoorsman with leather all around the rim. Don't know if this changes anything?

post #1767 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwonder View Post

Thanks!
I've tried finding B&L lenses, but they are hard to come by. I don't mind "upgrading" them with newer RB-lenses, so I guess I'll find me some 3025, 26 or 29's then. Just to clarify, my shades are the outdoorsman with leather all around the rim. Don't know if this changes anything?

Ohh, don't let the people here hear you say "upgrade" to luxottica lenses smile.gif They won't be happy!
Nope doesn't change anything, they're just two screws each side and they will swap straight in. Where are you from? Do you not what colour etc you want? I may be able to help.
post #1768 of 2089

Haha. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafia1 View Post


Ohh, don't let the people here hear you say "upgrade" to luxottica lenses smile.gif They won't be happy!
Nope doesn't change anything, they're just two screws each side and they will swap straight in. Where are you from? Do you not what colour etc you want? I may be able to help.

Haha :nest:

The lenses are fine and dandy, in a beautiful blue, but they are not the best for protection from the UV and glare. That's why i would like to "upgrade" them, and get me some polarized lenses instead. I guess I can sell the B&L-lenses on eBay or something to smoothen the blow on the wallet.

I'm from Norway BTW 

post #1769 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwonder View Post

Haha. 
Haha nest.gif
The lenses are fine and dandy, in a beautiful blue, but they are not the best for protection from the UV and glare. That's why i would like to "upgrade" them, and get me some polarized lenses instead. I guess I can sell the B&L-lenses on eBay or something to smoothen the blow on the wallet.
I'm from Norway BTW 

Ok, yes that makes sense. I'd imagine you'll be able to get a good enough amount for the original lenses so yeah that will help.

Luxottica do loads of polarised colour variations so I'm sure you'll be able to get something that takes your fancy!

Let me know if you need anything further.
Jack
post #1770 of 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafia1 View Post


Ok, yes that makes sense. I'd imagine you'll be able to get a good enough amount for the original lenses so yeah that will help.

Luxottica do loads of polarised colour variations so I'm sure you'll be able to get something that takes your fancy!

Let me know if you need anything further.
Jack

Thanks. Really appreciate your help. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vintage Ray Ban Expert