or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shell Cordovan Wallet Help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shell Cordovan Wallet Help

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I was wondering if anyone had experience buying a non Horween shell cordovan (presumably made in Japan) wallet. I was looking around and came accross several cordovan wallets in the 100-150 range (for example, http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/inaba-kaban/item/10000063/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en#reviewsOf). Thoughts? For the low price, should I be worried about good quality material with possibly poor workmanship?
post #2 of 16
Thread Starter 
buuump
post #3 of 16

Can't offer anything helpful other than to say I think this guy looks legit:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/titaya/item/np059_06/

post #4 of 16

You should be buying from Ashland: http://ashlandleather.bigcartel.com

End of story.

post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

You should be buying from Ashland: http://ashlandleather.bigcartel.com

End of story.


#1 prices are more than Japan

#2 No Green Cordovan

 

End of story.

post #6 of 16

Ashland does green. And if you aren't willing to pay Ashland's entirely reasonable prices, I don't know what to say.

post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

Ashland does green. And if you aren't willing to pay Ashland's entirely reasonable prices, I don't know what to say.

My eyes must be going.

I looked over their site and I could not see a green wallet, in Cordovan or CXL

post #8 of 16
just picked up this neapolitan beauty today:

post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

Ashland does green. And if you aren't willing to pay Ashland's entirely reasonable prices, I don't know what to say.

My eyes must be going.

I looked over their site and I could not see a green wallet, in Cordovan or CXL

 

http://horween.bigcartel.com/product/dark-green-shell-cordovan-wallet

 

Made by Ashland, sold by Horween. 

 

http://ashlandleather.bigcartel.com/product/louis-little-new-york-shell-cordovan-special-limited-edition

 

 

"Special Horween Shell Cordovan rare colors: dark green, intense blue, and color #2.

You can now order the intense blue and dark green through Horween Leather Co. directly! Please visit horween.bigcartel.com"

post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
I picked up a custom billfold from Ashland. They were a pleasure to deal with and I am excited for the final product!
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

http://horween.bigcartel.com/product/dark-green-shell-cordovan-wallet

 

Made by Ashland, sold by Horween. 

 

http://ashlandleather.bigcartel.com/product/louis-little-new-york-shell-cordovan-special-limited-edition

 

 

"Special Horween Shell Cordovan rare colors: dark green, intense blue, and color #2.

You can now order the intense blue and dark green through Horween Leather Co. directly! Please visit horween.bigcartel.com"

 

Wow, those wallets are nothing like the one I lnked to.

thanks for your help anyway.

post #12 of 16
Did you end up ordering the wallet? If so, how do you like it and how is the quality? I was thinking about getting that exact wallet from them.
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
I ended up getting a custom Johnny the Fox from Ashland. I love the quality (and smell) of the wallet and overall though it was pricey it's something that will last me a decade or more.The wallet was even boxed nicely and came with a little leather keychain. Excellent presentation.

Here are some pics that Phil sent me (not of my wallet, but the colour is identical...my Horween stamp is perfectly centered biggrin.gif).





I am hoping it will lighten up a bit in time!
post #14 of 16

Just came across this - what color is that Johnny the fox wallet?  is that Cognac?

How are you liking it after a few months?

post #15 of 16

 

 

You can find some nice Horween Shell Cordovan Wallets here: http://stores.ebay.de/ManufaktUhr/Geldborsen-/_i.html?_fsub=820128919

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shell Cordovan Wallet Help