or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Casual shoes that go with jeans and linen jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Casual shoes that go with jeans and linen jacket. - Page 2

post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Those Gucci shoes are hideous.
Looks like SF has gone far downhill the last few years.

SF??? Why do you say SF? Why note Gucci, they are the ones who made them. I haven't seen anyone on Styleforum wear them.
post #17 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

SF??? Why do you say SF? Why note Gucci, they are the ones who made them. I haven't seen anyone on Styleforum wear them.

Because Gucci was never a SF approved brand. Tacky logos are anathema to the timeless gentleman!
post #18 of 31
Thread Starter 
post #19 of 31
Suede bluchers or suede chukkas. I think calf leather is too formal, even in an informal style like a chukka.
post #20 of 31
J Crew has some decent suede bucks (Goodyear welted, brick red soles) for $200. They can usually be had for less with a coupon or promotion.
post #21 of 31
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Because Gucci was never a SF approved brand. Tacky logos are anathema to the timeless gentleman!

not everything from gucci has tacky logos.




(1st pair are EG)
post #23 of 31

These.

 

 

Septieme Largeur unlined chukkas.

post #24 of 31
post #25 of 31
LOL at Reev as a timless gentleman.
post #26 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

I might go for one of these. $80/shipped with 40% off LE.
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-archer-classic-buck-shoes~234752_-1.html
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-427911_A6.html?

Torn between plain toe or wingtip. I might go for plain.
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post


Torn between plain toe or wingtip. I might go for plain.


From these two I would go for plain too. (But really, I would add some money and go with Meermins).

post #28 of 31
Thread Starter 
I think I prefer the lug sole, as this is supposed to be a casual shoe for jeans. The leather soles are hard on the feet, and I don't need that all summer long. The formality of clicking along in leather soles clashes with the casual jeans, and is one reason I am looking to replace the dress shoes paired with jeans.

I went with the plain toe for $74 at LE.
Edited by Reevolving - 5/5/13 at 3:57pm
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

I think I prefer the lug sole, as this is supposed to be a casual shoe for jeans. Hard to justify going past the $80 at LE. The leather soles are hard on the feet, and I don't need that all summer long. The formality of clopping along in leather soles clashes with the jeans, and is one reason I am looking to replace the dress shoes paired with jeans.

I have them and the suede as well as the construction is very cheap. I would rather spend more and get some Alden or something else that will last > 1 season.

Maybe these?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RALPH-LAUREN-Dirty-Buck-Suede-Derby-Lace-Up-Shoes-UK-6-5-E-495-ALL-SIZES-/300750586605?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item460621c2ed&_uhb=1#ht_2022wt_1165

Good luck!
post #30 of 31
Thread Starter 
"Any shoe under $250 will explode in 1 year" is a SF myth that exists no where else.
I have a pair of beater $90 J&M's that take all the extreme weather abuse, and they are going on 10 years...
The LE will last more than one season. They will last 5-10.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Casual shoes that go with jeans and linen jacket.