or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying my first suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying my first suit - Page 4

post #46 of 103
Lots of blue, burgundy, brown and grey ties. Blue shirts, white shirts, and shirts with white and blue stripes. Mix and match them all together, they all go together well.
post #47 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

Lots of blue, burgundy, brown and grey ties. Blue shirts, white shirts, and shirts with white and blue stripes. Mix and match them all together, they all go together well.

Thank you!

post #48 of 103
And one black, shiny satin as well to wear at night.
post #49 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post


You're young, fit, and Dutch! You should be dressing like the SuitSupply pictures, not like conservative Americans! I spend lots of time at banks, law firms and other businesses every day here in Germany's business capital. Take your style cues from what you see around you, not the other side of the ocean. smile.gif

+1 on this. Don't dress like a fat 70-year-old American from the midwest when you are a fit 25-year-old Dutchman; wear what looks good on you and what you like.

post #50 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboat View Post

+1 on this. Don't dress like a fat 70-year-old American from the midwest when you are a fit 25-year-old Dutchman; wear what looks good on you and what you like.
Lmao. Continental European taking style advice from Alabama
post #51 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Lmao. Continental European taking style advice from Alabama

I've often found Southeners to be very well-dressed. Regardless, Redboat's advice is dead on.
post #52 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Lmao. Continental European taking style advice from Alabama

Alabama isn't in the Midwest. What does Alabama have to do with anything?
Besides, most Continental Europeans dress like shit.


P. S., your tumblr is terrible.
post #53 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

Alabama isn't in the Midwest. What does Alabama have to do with anything?
Besides, most Continental Europeans dress like shit.


P. S., your tumblr is terrible.
lmao
post #54 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

You're young, fit, and Dutch! You should be dressing like the SuitSupply pictures, not like conservative Americans! I spend lots of time at banks, law firms and other businesses every day here in Germany's business capital. Take your style cues from what you see around you, not the other side of the ocean. smile.gif
Good advice. I'm on the other side of the ocean and spend lots of time in high-level corporate and government settings. For the op's build, he'll look professionally well dressed in any of those suits in the SuitSupply photos.
post #55 of 103
Thread Starter 

Good to hear ;) I'm getting my suit in about two days so I'll let you guys know how it turned out.

 

Also this might be a dumb question but I don't understand why a short jackets have much bigger chest and shoulder measurements than regular jackets.

Aren't short jackets supposed to be shorter?

 

post #56 of 103
Thread Starter 

So I'm back from Roermond!

 

Suit Supply ended up only having two dark blue 46R suits (both for the full price of 300 euro's) which were both to big for me.

The salesman tried to sell them to me like they fitted just fine though, I was a bit dissapointed with that.

 

Eventually I ended up in the Hugo Boss outlet store, and found a really nice dark blue 44R suit, which I ended up buying for 335 euro's (pic's below).

 

 

Yes I still need to get a belt, I couldn't find one in the same color as my shoes

 

Suit Supply did have a great deal, two full silk ties for 25 euro's! (Hope the knots aren't that bad, my first time tying)

 

Hugo Bosch Slim Fit shirt

 

 

 

 

Pretty happy with the fit OTR, I think I just need to get the pants shortened just a bit, any thought on what else needs tailoring?


Edited by R D K - 5/18/13 at 12:08pm
post #57 of 103
Use a four-in-hand tie knot instead, and have the tip come down to your waistband. Also, take the label off your jacket sleeve.
post #58 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

Use a four-in-hand tie knot instead, and have the tip come down to your waistband. Also, take the label off your jacket sleeve.

 


Got it , thanks.

Any comments on the fit?

post #59 of 103
Pants are too long. You've got puddles of fabric around your ankles. They should just lightly touch the top of your shoe laces and have no break at all in the back of the leg. A straight line.
post #60 of 103
In the only picture of your back, your hands are in your pockets, so there's no way to tell if those lines and creases by your shoulder blades are normally there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying my first suit