or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › The Definitive styleforum Community Map?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive styleforum Community Map? - Page 9

post #121 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonglover View Post
Hence why I stuck my pin in a random spot outside of Delaplane close to my home, rather than my actual home. Not that I don't trust SF; it's the rest of the internet that I don't trust.
Ok, I just added myself by zip-code. I'm sure people will be able to figure out who I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsw View Post
I put my address up, then realized if I had found me and seen my address I would have sent me a letter. So I took it off. I don't know why. I am worried you'll interpret my trusting address-posting as untrustworthy behavior. Next time I'm in DC, we should go to Tryst, or you should go and I should trustingly watch you from across the room. I'm not sure what this means.
This is why this is creepy. What's Tryst? I've never been.
post #122 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
This is why this is creepy. What's Tryst? I've never been.

It's on 18th St, the same guy owns it who has The Diner and Open City. Next to Madam's Organ, you can probably see Perry's from the door. It's the only place to sit with a coffee for a while later at night, so I frequent it during my visits.

Creepy is a nice word, I use it a lot. Is it creepy that I know what you look like and wear because of pictures you show us? Or that I could relate to you your own brunch story? These internet communities can become surprisingly intimate.
post #123 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsw View Post
It's on 18th St, the same guy owns it who has The Diner and Open City. Next to Madam's Organ, you can probably see Perry's from the door. It's the only place to sit with a coffee for a while later at night, so I frequent it during my visits.

Creepy is a nice word, I use it a lot. Is it creepy that I know what you look like and wear because of pictures you show us? Or that I could relate to you your own brunch story? These internet communities can become surprisingly intimate.

Aaah ok, now I know what you're talking about. I swear, Adams Morgan looks completely different at night, which is the only time I'm ever there, not that I'm there too often.

And, I'd call internet intimacy anonymous intimacy. The people here only know what you allow them to know, which is sometimes more than enough.

Also, I really like the work on your blog.
post #124 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
Aaah ok, now I know what you're talking about. I swear, Adams Morgan looks completely different at night, which is the only time I'm ever there, not that I'm there too often.

And, I'd call internet intimacy anonymous intimacy. The people here only know what you allow them to know, which is sometimes more than enough.

Also, I really like the work on your blog.

Adams Morgan is where I live, so I go for convenience. Walking home at 2am makes me realize what assholes men in DC are. Teaism on R street or Soho Coffee are preferable, when a longer walk is acceptable. Thanks about the work, I'm having a little show at DCAC (across the street from the Diner) in September. If ever your address is revealed, I'll send you a postcard.

It's anonymous intimacy as much as physical life, you only allow anyone to know what you want them to know. Information can be gleaned from casual posts as easily as from casual conversation. Inconsequential intimacy. Alliteration and multi-syllable words are neat. And then there are those who like to meet up, like that love fest in Philly (if that was even in Philly) recently. This is like a big, indirect online personal, strictly platonic.

So it's good that we know where we all live.
post #125 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsw View Post
Adams Morgan is where I live, so I go for convenience. Walking home at 2am makes me realize what assholes men in DC are. Teaism on R street or Soho Coffee are preferable, when a longer walk is acceptable. Thanks about the work, I'm having a little show at DCAC (across the street from the Diner) in September. If ever your address is revealed, I'll send you a postcard.

It's anonymous intimacy as much as physical life, you only allow anyone to know what you want them to know. Information can be gleaned from casual posts as easily as from casual conversation. Inconsequential intimacy. Alliteration and multi-syllable words are neat. And then there are those who like to meet up, like that love fest in Philly (if that was even in Philly) recently. This is like a big, indirect online personal, strictly platonic.

So it's good that we know where we all live.

I still believe the internet is limiting with regards to what people are willing to do or say. I think more is at risk in real life, which is why I think these forums are freeing, because what we do or say here is inconsequential.

I could go on because its an interesting subject, but, my hair hurts.

Also, I would love to visit your show in Sept, considering I won't be in NY then.
post #126 of 173
I added myself under my zip code. If I put my address you might drop by and see how I really dress

However, if anyone is in Phoenix or visits, feel free to PM me.
post #127 of 173
I'm in Britain, all on my lonesome.
post #128 of 173
Added my marker.
post #129 of 173
Just added ! I'm suprised not many are from NYC.
post #130 of 173
i can't put myself down on there there's a few bubbles blocking my way
post #131 of 173
Added! no one from HKG yet!
post #132 of 173
HKG as in Hong Kong Island? In that case I don't quite qualify, I'm Lantau baby
post #133 of 173
listo, I'm the only one from México.
post #134 of 173
Bump... updated new residence
post #135 of 173
Thread Starter 
It's been a while - lots of new faces - I thought I'd bump this thing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › The Definitive styleforum Community Map?