or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gator suede
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gator suede

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I just picked up these Cole Haans, and I have a Kentucky derby party on saturday. I'm wearing white pants with a white and pink shirt and white and pink tie. Would these work??
post #2 of 12
For YOU, they will not work.

You have no confidence in your own style, as evidenced by the question.
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

For YOU, they will not work.

You have no confidence in your own style, as evidenced by the question.


This is a little harsh, don't you think? It might be a lack of knowledge, rather than a lack of confidence.

 

As it stands, saddle shoes are totally appropriate for a Kentucky Derby party. If you're not confident wearing them, and wouldn't feel comfortable in them, then no, they won't work for you. If you like them, though, then they'll pass muster just fine.

post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

For YOU, they will not work.

You have no confidence in your own style, as evidenced by the question.

That sums up nicely, btw the tie and shirt combination sounds really bad.
post #5 of 12
Yes, those shoes will work. In fact, they're awesome. But as to the outfit as a whole, I would change one of the pinks to blue- either a white and blue shirt (predominately white would be best) with the pink tie, or the pink and white shirt with a medium or dark blue tie. Keep the colors contrasted and in balance, that's all.
post #6 of 12
Please don't wear faux alligator shoes anyplace uhoh.gif There is nothing awesome about any faux exotic skin shoes.

real deal


faux

post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Please don't wear faux alligator shoes anyplace uhoh.gif There is nothing awesome about any faux exotic skin shoes.

real deal


 

I want both of those objects in my life. Is that a photo from the Armoury?

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Please don't wear faux alligator shoes anyplace uhoh.gif There is nothing awesome about any faux exotic skin shoes.
TRUTH!!! teacha.gif
post #9 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

real deal



 

 

Holy crap. I used to not like saddle shoes, but those I love

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

For YOU, they will not work.

You have no confidence in your own style, as evidenced by the question.


Thanks to all who actually addressed my question smile.gif and just to let you know to the hater in this thread... The question was more of a are they in season... Not if it will look good. I personally don't care what people think so for somebody who doesn't know anything about me, you're a judgemental douche. Also to Mr. Monty, I am an 18 year old student so I can't afford real gator frown.gif

And this is the shirt and tie.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcernosek View Post


Thanks to all who actually addressed my question smile.gif and just to let you know to the hater in this thread... The question was more of a are they in season... Not if it will look good. I personally don't care what people think so for somebody who doesn't know anything about me, you're a judgemental douche. Also to Mr. Monty, I am an 18 year old student so I can't afford real gator frown.gif

And this is the shirt and tie.


Don't wear that shirt with that tie. The colors match too much, but the patterns clash. Make one of them a light blue solid.

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post


Don't wear that shirt with that tie. The colors match too much, but the patterns clash. Make one of them a light blue solid.

Got it! Thanks! smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gator suede