or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Daily Drinkers Wine Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily Drinkers Wine Thread

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Not sure if this will get traction or is better handled in the Wine Thread but let's give it a try. Discussion and sharing of inexpensive daily drinkers only. Let's set a limit. $15?
post #2 of 24
Manton is currently in the process of clearing house with cheap daily drinkers
post #3 of 24
Here's a couple of true sub-$15 wines that I like:
Muscadet by Pepiere (Sevre et Maine Sur Lie, Gras Moutons, Briords) Luneau Papin is good also.
Cab Franc - Domaine Guion (Cuvee Domaine, Cuvee Prestige).
Cava - Raventos Reserva
Gamay - Terres Dorees aka JP Brun (Beaujolais Blanc, L'Ancien, Rose d'Folie (Sparkling)
Riesling - Donnhoff Estate Nahe (right at the edge as WS-Pro has a few places at 15 and change.)
Other - Gruet Brut Rose.
post #4 of 24
post #5 of 24
Here are some that I've been drinking lately:



-2008Cantele Salice Salentino Riserva: For $10 this is pretty damned good. Big but not fruit forward. A delicious red.
-2011 Domaines Ott Rose- Gonna be drinking a lot of this when it gets a little warmer; at $19 it is on the threshold for being too spendy for me to put it in the "daily drinker" category, though I might drink it daily. teacha.gif
-2010 Renato Ratti Barbera d'Asti- I got this at closeout for $14/bottle and I wish I had bought more as it's excellent for that price; darker style Barbera redolent of Barolo.
-2011 Chateau daqueria Rose- This doesn't have that floral component that the Ott or especially Domaine Tempier but it's a good wine and I drink a lot of rose this time of year. I think it's about $14/bottle.
-2011 Muga Rose- This is under $10. It won't knock your socks off, but it's a solid rose that will stand up to food.
post #6 of 24
i haven't had the Ratti in a while, but a few years ago I picked up a few at Zachy's for like $8. My memory suggests I loved it.
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i haven't had the Ratti in a while, but a few years ago I picked up a few at Zachy's for like $8. My memory suggests I loved it.

For $8 that's a steal. I actually met Pietro Ratti at a wine tasting while he was doing a little wine promo a few weeks ago. I picked up some of his Barolos too after tasting. They don't have the QPR like the Barbera but they're good as well. A little more modern in style.
post #8 of 24
2008 Besllum Montsant -- I think it's pretty well balanced and tasty.
2010(?) Steindorfer Apetlon -- I went through a lot of this because it was about $12 a bottle at the wine shop near my girlfriend's place. Very simple and basic, but I found nothing objectionable about it whatsoever.
post #9 of 24
Too lazy to look, but didn't we have a huge thread for this a while back?
post #10 of 24
The "delicious wine" thread was very similar.
post #11 of 24
Easy, H.R.M. Rex Goliath Cabernet.
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post

Easy, H.R.M. Rex Goliath Cabernet.

That is $4.49 here. shog[1].gif

Is it decent?
post #13 of 24
I like it, I drink it all the time.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscolari View Post

Here's a couple of true sub-$15 wines that I like:
Muscadet by Pepiere (Sevre et Maine Sur Lie, Gras Moutons, Briords) Luneau Papin is good also.
Cab Franc - Domaine Guion (Cuvee Domaine, Cuvee Prestige).
Gamay - Terres Dorees aka JP Brun (Beaujolais Blanc, L'Ancien, Rose d'Folie (Sparkling)
Riesling - Donnhoff Estate Nahe (right at the edge as WS-Pro has a few places at 15 and change.)

This is like exactly my list. Dammit, you beat me to the punch. Good taste fistbump.gif

That Pepiere muscadet is serious QPR.

Had a bottle of the Domaine Guion Prestige last night. Also serious QPR--can't believe it's $13.

I'd love to find a better daily drinker Riesling. The Donnhoff estate is my go to, but it's a bit too expensive to just crack open a bottle when you aren't even sure if you're going to drink it all.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

This is like exactly my list. Dammit, you beat me to the punch. Good taste fistbump.gif

That Pepiere muscadet is serious QPR.

Had a bottle of the Domaine Guion Prestige last night. Also serious QPR--can't believe it's $13.

I'd love to find a better daily drinker Riesling. The Donnhoff estate is my go to, but it's a bit too expensive to just crack open a bottle when you aren't even sure if you're going to drink it all.

Leitz Eins Zwei Dry and Leitz Out are both good QPR.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Daily Drinkers Wine Thread