or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Official Immigration Reform Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Immigration Reform Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

They can have babies, and those babies are automatically U.S. citizens thanks to the gross misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment.

That's a different issue all together, but do you think IT and other skilled immigrants from India/Korea/wherever are going to pop-out babies and leave them when the visa expires?

Even most R's want to increase immigration for skilled immigrants. Now you don't want them because they might vote for the wrong team?
post #107 of 219
I'm not going to bother looking into this, but I'd be very surprised if one party was particularly favorable towards H1bs. H1bs exist to serve the demands of business, and both parties have their ample share of pro-business cocksuckers. It's a rare bipartisan issue.
post #108 of 219
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

That's a different issue all together, but do you think IT and other skilled immigrants from India/Korea/wherever are going to pop-out babies and leave them when the visa expires?

Even most R's want to increase immigration for skilled immigrants. Now you don't want them because they might vote for the wrong team?


I don't want them for any reason. America is not really a country anymore; its an all-you-can eat buffet for the world.
post #109 of 219
It would all be irrelevant if we just denied the government the power to do these things but you cocksucker spending conservatives are just as bad as the ass-eating spending democrats. Fuck you both.
post #110 of 219

I'd be interested in knowing:

 

a) how many people posting in this thread are from the US; and

 

b) how many of them have ancestors who migrated to the US from poor countries in the hope of escaping grinding poverty.

 

 

I do understand why some people are worried and angry, but these fears are not new. If you went back 150 years, you'd see articles in the yellow press agitating against migration from Southern Europe or some other such place or, of course, against Chinese migration as there was a huge fear that Chinese were "stealing jobs" and taking over, back in the 1850s or thereabouts. There were concerns about recent migrants living in virtual ghettoes and about how they set up their own communities and didn't mix with others and, for the first generation of migrants, that's often true.

 

I don't see anyone writing about the "yellow peril" and advising against Chinese migration nowadays.

post #111 of 219
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'd be interested in knowing:

a) how many people posting in this thread are from the US; and

b) how many of them have ancestors who migrated to the US from poor countries in the hope of escaping grinding poverty.


I do understand why some people are worried and angry, but these fears are not new. If you went back 150 years, you'd see articles in the yellow press agitating against migration from Southern Europe or some other such place or, of course, against Chinese migration as there was a huge fear that Chinese were "stealing jobs" and taking over, back in the 1850s or thereabouts. There were concerns about recent migrants living in virtual ghettoes and about how they set up their own communities and didn't mix with others and, for the first generation of migrants, that's often true.

I don't see anyone writing about the "yellow peril" and advising against Chinese migration nowadays.

The Chinese STEMs are turning secrets over to Red China. The Disunited States is now a subset of races/genders/religions who don't like each other. We need to proceed with the understanding that identity politics ('punish your enemies') has prevailed in this country. As such, I want more WASPs to play on my team.
post #112 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Feels more like O'Reiley to me. You know he's a conservative, but there's this undercurrent that he might be in on the joke.

He's been too despondent as of late. What little I've seen of O'Reiley, he is always fired up. Hannity, is always willing to go "the country is doomed. We're screwed"
post #113 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

It would all be irrelevant if we just denied the government the power to do these things but you cocksucker spending conservatives are just as bad as the ass-eating spending democrats. Fuck you both.

Do I have to pay double for both at once?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'd be interested in knowing:

a) how many people posting in this thread are from the US; and

b) how many of them have ancestors who migrated to the US from poor countries in the hope of escaping grinding poverty.


I do understand why some people are worried and angry, but these fears are not new. If you went back 150 years, you'd see articles in the yellow press agitating against migration from Southern Europe or some other such place or, of course, against Chinese migration as there was a huge fear that Chinese were "stealing jobs" and taking over, back in the 1850s or thereabouts. There were concerns about recent migrants living in virtual ghettoes and about how they set up their own communities and didn't mix with others and, for the first generation of migrants, that's often true.

I don't see anyone writing about the "yellow peril" and advising against Chinese migration nowadays.

Don't forget about the Jews, and anytime we went to war with anyone the fear that they were all traitors (Germans and Japanese in particular).
post #114 of 219
Thread Starter 
post #115 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

He's been too despondent as of late. What little I've seen of O'Reiley, he is always fired up. Hannity, is always willing to go "the country is doomed. We're screwed"

Well, I've probably seen around nine seconds of Hannity this decade so I'll give that one to you.
post #116 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Well, I've probably seen around nine seconds of Hannity this decade so I'll give that one to you.

That's fair. Occasionally, I will listen to him for 30 seconds on the drive home when everything else is on commercials. After 30 seconds, I risk an aneurism, I fear.
post #117 of 219
Quote:

That article is five years old but it's still gives me the lulz to read his accusation that being white and male is "anarchistic."
post #118 of 219
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That article is five years old but it's still gives me the lulz to read his accusation that being white and male is "anarchistic."


Thanks for reading it. I couldn't cut and paste for some reason.

That was a watershed Op-Ed for me, which really went a long way in my immigration position.

The taunting "we win, you lose" attitude, the bragging about demographics, declaring that the US is "ours" now, and that we can expect more socialism and social justice; it was clear that the Left's once-secret objectives could now be announced openly.

Demographics is Destiny.
post #119 of 219
Thread Starter 
Complain about the passage of the ACA (the costs, the lies, the nuclear option, the smoke-filled rooms, the "know what's in it once we pass it") and you are KKK. That's par for the course for the New York Times. The important part of Blow's column was making the immigration strategy (signed into law in 1965) known openly.

Quote:
A Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday took a look at the Tea Party members and found them to be just as anachronistic to the direction of the country’s demographics as the Republican Party. For instance, they were disproportionately white, evangelical Christian and “less educated ... than the average Joe and Jane Six-Pack.” This at a time when the country is becoming more diverse (some demographers believe that 2010 could be the first year that most children born in the country will be nonwhite), less doctrinally dogmatic, and college enrollment is through the roof. The Tea Party, my friends, is not the future.

You may want “your country back,” but you can’t have it. That sound you hear is the relentless, irrepressible march of change. Welcome to America: The Remix.



http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/27/opinion/27blow.html?_r=0
post #120 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Complain about the passage of the ACA (the costs, the lies, the nuclear option, the smoke-filled rooms, the "know what's in it once we pass it") and you are KKK. That's par for the course for the New York Times. The important part of Blow's column was making the immigration strategy (signed into law in 1965) known openly.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/27/opinion/27blow.html?_r=0

Nothing says racial blindness like using racial quotas as a benchmark for success.

The country is at the mercy of an insane immigration propped up by big business, bushy-tailed liberals who believe these people will come here and prosper, and liberals who know they won't prosper but will bloc vote for democrats. Eventually there will be a geographical migration away from certain areas of the country, driven by the disintegration of what's left of a shared culture. As unlikely as that sounds, it's more likely than the other scenario which is that our immigration policy continues as is, works out wonderfully for our culture, crime rate and economy, and we all live happily ever after.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Official Immigration Reform Thread