or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What does everyone look for in a wallet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What does everyone look for in a wallet? - Page 2

post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa View Post

leathergoodsconnection.com

$50 bucks for pure leather wallets, no nylon filler or cardboard, different styles in calf or bridle... the slim is like 3/8" empty, I love mine. Ten years minimum...

I've been looking for a relatively inexpensive, quality well made SLIM bifold wallet. This may be the one, they look great. 

I pick up a belt from them as well. Great prices.

post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney711 View Post

Yes bifold is great. I'm trying to sway away from the brand names, and looking for real artisans who put the most care in crafting a great product, using high quality materials, and not caring so much about the highest profits. 

You should check out One Star Leather Goods on Etsy. Very simple yet attractive wallets and leather goods, all handcrafted by one guy in Los Angeles. He uses leathers from Horween and Hermann Oak, and he'll do custom orders. I just received an amazing bifold wallet from him yesterday, custom made from dark brown Horween Chromexcel. I posted pics and more info in this thread I started, but I'll repost the pics here:

Click to enlarge



Suffice it to say, I'm extremely pleased with this wallet. I have been searching for a new wallet for almost a year, and this wallet is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't keep much in my wallet, but I still prefer a billfold over a card sleeve, as I like to keep a few bills on me and prefer back pocket carry. This wallet measures 4 1/4 x 3 3/8, and with 5 bills, 3 cards, and a few paper items in it, it's a little over a half inch thick. I hardly even notice it in my back pocket, and I'm sure it will only get thinner as it breaks in. The construction quality seems top-notch and even the thread is sourced from the state of Maine, so this wallet is 100% handmade in the USA of U.S. materials. It looks, feels, and smells fantastic, and I can't wait to break it in and show it off. I'm sure it will last for many decades to come. Totally satisfied, and I absolutely recommend One Star wallets. He's got some nice card sleeve/minimalist type wallets for those who prefer that style, too, and the prices are reasonable.
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

You should check out One Star Leather Goods on Etsy. Very simple yet attractive wallets and leather goods, all handcrafted by one guy in Los Angeles. He uses leathers from Horween and Hermann Oak, and he'll do custom orders. I just received an amazing bifold wallet from him yesterday, custom made from dark brown Horween Chromexcel. I posted pics and more info in this thread I started, but I'll repost the pics here:

Click to enlarge



Suffice it to say, I'm extremely pleased with this wallet. I have been searching for a new wallet for almost a year, and this wallet is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't keep much in my wallet, but I still prefer a billfold over a card sleeve, as I like to keep a few bills on me and prefer back pocket carry. This wallet measures 4 1/4 x 3 3/8, and with 5 bills, 3 cards, and a few paper items in it, it's a little over a half inch thick. I hardly even notice it in my back pocket, and I'm sure it will only get thinner as it breaks in. The construction quality seems top-notch and even the thread is sourced from the state of Maine, so this wallet is 100% handmade in the USA of U.S. materials. It looks, feels, and smells fantastic, and I can't wait to break it in and show it off. I'm sure it will last for many decades to come. Totally satisfied, and I absolutely recommend One Star wallets. He's got some nice card sleeve/minimalist type wallets for those who prefer that style, too, and the prices are reasonable.

Ok, I'll eat the spam...

EDIT: pretty good looking stuff and cheap!
post #19 of 40

My natural leather wallet made by styleforum's own, Zissou. Great construction and pretty reasonable. It seems as though he's not taking orders for a week or two though.

 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/summitcreekdrygoods
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post

Ok, I'll eat the spam...

EDIT: pretty good looking stuff and cheap!

Spam? No spam. I'm not the proprietor of One Star, if that's what you were thinking, lol.laugh.gif I have no connection to the guy whatsoever, other than being a genuinely satisfied customer and happy to share about my experience. It really is a nice wallet, and I appreciate the artisanal aspect, as I'm sure many others on SF would.
post #21 of 40
If I was to buy another wallet I would definitely go for something in a veg tanned leather like I did with the belt I bought 3 years ago. My girlfriend bought me this Jack Spade anchor wallet for christmas a few years back and Ive been using it ever since. It has aged quite a bit compared to these photos but it isnt really showing any signs of wearing out so I have no need to replace it yet.

post #22 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa View Post

Oh, you are obviously a disturbed man!! Rofl...  crackup%5B1%5D.gif

my wallet:

post #23 of 40
Jake Spade makes some good ones and they constantly have sales/coupon codes.

I'm pretty happy with my JS bifold wallet.
post #24 of 40
Been on a lookout for a wallet. Need something slim, that holds bills, coins and 5+ cards.
post #25 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

Been on a lookout for a wallet. Need something slim, that holds bills, coins and 5+ cards.

Coins?

edit: nevermind, saw that you aren't in america...other places actually have coins with value.
post #26 of 40
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm thinking about going with a tanned colored wallet with Vachetta as the interior. 

This is due to the fact that I think these colors will age nicely over time, and create a nice patina. 

 

Does anyone know the difference between tan, saddle tan, and british tan (London)? 

post #27 of 40

RADICA CALF/Museum calf FTFW. Get to admire that beautiful tannage everytime you pull it out to part with some hard earned cash. Chicks dig it (actually I always get compliments on it from dudes -_- ).

post #28 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtruviusR View Post

RADICA CALF/Museum calf FTFW. Get to admire that beautiful tannage everytime you pull it out to part with some hard earned cash. Chicks dig it (actually I always get compliments on it from dudes -_- ).

That looks like great leather. Any info about it? Looks to me like regular aniline leather that has been distressed during tanning? Who makes them? 

post #29 of 40
Thread Starter 

What do you guys think about imagery, or embossed images in your wallets? 

post #30 of 40
money i don't have
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What does everyone look for in a wallet?