or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The 2007 NBA Playoffs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 2007 NBA Playoffs - Page 9

post #121 of 2835
The Carmello argument is so old. Being on the Pistons would have stunted his growth because he would not have gotten time under Larry Brown and he wasn't taking Prince's starting spot. Also, trouble seems to follow that guy...I mean he can score, but what else...throw a sucker punch and back peddle to the locker room.

Expect the Bulls to throw some zone at the Pistons to try and freeze the ball on the perimeter and kill some clock. Pistons will be forced to take jumpers with little time on the shot clock. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrus Thomas starting instead of PJ Brown to provide some energy and get the crowd going.

Pistons don't feed the post well from the guard position, so they should use Webber to pass and run some offense through him with Rip & Prince cutting through the lane to break that zone. Flip Murray could also be used to penetrate and break down the defense also.
post #122 of 2835
Joe Dumars is one of the best gms out there... Prince never gets enough respect. Has he been selected to the All-Star team before?
post #123 of 2835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
Looks like the Nets and Warriors arent doing well all of a sudden. Just last week GS were like the golden boys.

Itll be good for the NBA if King James brings it.

Dallas was a dream match-up for GS. Utah, not so much.
post #124 of 2835
Hmm, so the Warriors lose two very close badass "helluva" games and have suddenly had their "karma" upset (think luck would be a more appropriate term, but I disgree with that as well)? Ouch! Nah...this is a great series. I'll give up on GS going the distance this year when Utah wins 4 games WOOHOOO! GO WARRIORS! (and stay away from my baby!)
post #125 of 2835
ESPN just reported Dirk Nowitzky would be named the MVP tomorrow.
post #126 of 2835
Quote:
Hmm, so the Warriors lose two very close badass "helluva" games and have suddenly had their "karma" upset (think luck would be a more appropriate term, but I disgree with that as well)? Ouch! Nah...this is a great series. I'll give up on GS going the distance this year when Utah wins 4 games

WOOHOOO! GO WARRIORS! (and stay away from my baby!)

We STILL Believe!!

GO WARRIORS!!!

Let's get them in games 3 and 4, and make it a series again. It's not over yet, and there have been a number of teams that have come back from being down 0-2 in a series (such as the Jazz in round one against the Rockets).
post #127 of 2835
Down by 19 in the third and we end up winning by 7, kiss the Bulls goodbye. I think we can defeat whatever team comes from the west.
post #128 of 2835
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpologuy View Post
Down by 19 in the third and we end up winning by 7, kiss the Bulls goodbye. I think we can defeat whatever team comes from the west.

Detroit's regular season results vs. the remaining teams in the West:

vs. Utah: 0-2
vs. GS: 0-2
vs. Phoenix: 1-1
vs. San Antonio: 0-2

koji
post #129 of 2835
We don't need to worry about our record against the 4 remaining team sint he West because we will only be playing one of them. Chicago handed it to us during the regular season and we are destroying them now. I remember in 04 when we had no chance against the Lakers and beat them in 5 games.
post #130 of 2835
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpologuy View Post
We don't need to worry about our record against the 4 remaining team sint he West because we will only be playing one of them. Chicago handed it to us during the regular season and we are destroying them now. I remember in 04 when we had no chance against the Lakers and beat them in 5 games.

I'd think the record with the Spurs mattered. But you are a better team since you lost to them.
post #131 of 2835
Regular season counts to a certain extent and so does a team's history. The Spurs will have their hands full with the Suns. If GS makes it past Utah, they will run the Spurs ragged. Spurs may ultimately win, but how much will be taken out of them. If the Pistons don't sweep, I look for them to take the Bulls in 5 and then the Cavs in 5. They will be well rested and looking to avenge their 05 loss to the Spurs. They lost a tight game 7 in the final 2 minutes on the road.
post #132 of 2835
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
ESPN just reported Dirk Nowitzky would be named the MVP tomorrow.

If I were Dirk, I'd refuse the reward out of sheer embarassment.
post #133 of 2835
havent been following nba for awhile since shaq left lakers,

but im surprised to find out that Miami was swept by chicago??

can someone care to explain in a nutshell what happened here?
post #134 of 2835
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe View Post
havent been following nba for awhile since shaq left lakers,

but im surprised to find out that Miami was swept by chicago??

can someone care to explain in a nutshell what happened here?

Miami = old, slow, doesn't play defense, Wade too hampered by injuries to bail them out

Chicago = younger, quicker, plays defense, made their jumpers for four straight games
post #135 of 2835
thanks.
and i remember last year, the championship was mostly due to Wade, all he did was bail them out.
is Shaq planning to retire soon or is he returning again? how long is his contract with Miami?


and is it true that we (L.A.) be getting KG next year? or is this just a passing rumor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The 2007 NBA Playoffs