Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 2:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Manila Tailor Last post on 6/29/15 at 8:44pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor - Page 3post #31 of 2226/24/13 at 7:08am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 2228/26/13 at 6:36pmI like the looks of these garments very much. I find it rather interesting that, with L&L's extremely open quarters, you tend to see a bit of belt buckle and shirt above the waist sometimes (including in one of the pictures of Mr. Liverano himself). I recently started a thread on this very topic in which most of the commentators acted as if this exposed shirt and waistband were a sin comparable to wearing short socks—in this context there is nary a mention of it.post #33 of 2228/27/13 at 1:20amQuote:Originally Posted by The Louche
I like the looks of these garments very much. I find it rather interesting that, with L&L's extremely open quarters, you tend to see a bit of belt buckle and shirt above the waist sometimes (including in one of the pictures of Mr. Liverano himself). I recently started a thread on this very topic in which most of the commentators acted as if this exposed shirt and waistband were a sin comparable to wearing short socks—in this context there is nary a mention of it.
Well, this is how it looks on me, and I don't have any problem with it, but to each his own of course:post #34 of 2228/27/13 at 12:17pmpost #35 of 2228/27/13 at 12:20pmpost #36 of 2228/27/13 at 9:44pmI do not like the super open quarters which is a trademark of the Liverano cut.
To me, it almost looks like to type of jacket worn with a kilt:
http://www.kinlochanderson.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/t/h/the_kinloch_anderson_day_kilt_jacke_in_green_lovat_tweed_full_outift.jpgpost #37 of 2228/28/13 at 3:34ampost #38 of 2228/28/13 at 5:07ampost #39 of 2228/28/13 at 8:12ampost #40 of 2228/28/13 at 10:15amQuote:
That's just another way of saying that you'd like the quarters more closed. And that's fine / probably a good idea.
But you can have quarters that are very rounded without showing off your belt buckle. This is the sort of thing I have in mind. Not a great example but hopefully conveys the idea.
(from jeffreyd's blog)
On the Liverano example, you keep the button exactly where it is but each side of the fronts extends further. You have a bit more overlap, the same shape to the quarters and no visible belt.post #41 of 2228/28/13 at 12:15pm
I's saying that it's fine, it's just his stance and the angle that brings even more attention to that. You focused on the wrong part of what I said, the first part was just diplomatic.
Quote:but his stance (the Angelina leg stance) is going to interfere on our judgement as the camera angle (lower than his waist and pointed up). Probably looks fine otherwise.post #42 of 2228/28/13 at 1:34pmpost #43 of 2228/28/13 at 3:46pmpost #44 of 2229/16/13 at 11:53amAutumn is (finally) here in Sweden, and I got to wear my Liverano tweed again and took a new picture. Quarters are certainly very open (it is a major feature of the Liverano house cut after all), but it was my stance before makng the belt visible. This is more how it normally looks:
But again, I don't have any problem with an exposed waistband or belt. In fact, I'm going back to Florence in October to pick up a couple of more Liveranos
- Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Currently, there are 1136 Active Users (207 Members and 929 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › GG MEGATHREAD!!!!! UK9.5E/US10D!!!!! 8 minutes ago
- › ALDEN ALT WEIN (Antique Edge) 9.5D 14 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Balloon Wool Size 38 14 minutes ago
- › ARC'TERYX VEILANCE F13 MIONN INSULATION HOODED VEST 14 minutes ago
- › Vass Melton Antique cognac - New Peter last size 43 - Brand new in box 14 minutes ago
- › Vass chukka medium brown suede - F last size 43 - Brand new 14 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Vass Old English II on the new SP last! Size 42. Brand... 14 minutes ago
- › Fantastic Vass black crocodile wholecuts. Size 43.5 U last 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Plain Toe Blucher size 8.5D on Barrie / BNIB 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...