or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread - Page 58

post #856 of 1241

Really nice stuff Justin!   Love that Wallingford without the cap on the toe.  Beautiful black shoe that is far from plain but very elegant!   The bitter choc Medina is also a winner, looks much better than the previous shaded navy,  and I love Navy.  

 

 

Did the chukka colours ever get decided on?  

post #857 of 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Really nice stuff Justin!   Love that Wallingford without the cap on the toe.  Beautiful black shoe that is far from plain but very elegant!   The bitter choc Medina is also a winner, looks much better than the previous shaded navy,  and I love Navy.  


Did the chukka colours ever get decided on?  

Thanks!! I am glad that you like.

Unfortunately I have not even thought about the chukkas as of yet....but most likely it will be Loden suede and maybe some shade of dark blue.
post #858 of 1241
Some MTO's that you might find interesting.

We now have all colors of museum calf available for MTO. Upcharge for MTO £90 (ex VAT £75), no matter the model. We offer narrow and wide widths available as well.

http://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/pages/mto-program



The Tony II in burgundy (above)



The Skyway in Navy Museum Calf (above)



The Marcos in Taupe Suede/Tan soft grain (above)



The Fremont II in Burgundy suede (above)



The Madison in Olive suede (above)



The Rainier in Dark Brown Museum Calf (above)



The Westlake in Snuff Suede/Burgundy Suede on LPB last sans medallion (above)



The David in Gold Museum calf/Dark Brown Scotch grain (above)
post #859 of 1241
Can you describe the narrow last. In terms or what else it may fit like? I find myself in between you sizing. 7.5 too tight 8 too much instep room. Thinking of a narrow 8uk.
Loden and dark blue suede chukkas are great choices!
post #860 of 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Can you describe the narrow last. In terms or what else it may fit like? I find myself in between you sizing. 7.5 too tight 8 too much instep room. Thinking of a narrow 8uk.
Loden and dark blue suede chukkas are great choices!

it's hard to describe really. It will certainly be lower on the instep as that is what I make my samples with as I have a low instep.

the narrow should fit like a G&G or EG 'E' width....or slightly like Carmina Simpson.... what fits you well?
post #861 of 1241
Carmina Simpson is pretty good in an 8uk. But I could use a bit more toebox width. Maybe more forefoot width too.

Really like the instep midfoot and heel fit of the Simpson.
post #862 of 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Carmina Simpson is pretty good in an 8uk. But I could use a bit more toebox width. Maybe more forefoot width too.

Really like the instep midfoot and heel fit of the Simpson.

what model/last are you thinking?
post #863 of 1241

Those suede Westlakes are :drool:

post #864 of 1241
What is the difference between crust, box, and calf skin? Is there an article I can reference? Thanks
post #865 of 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorium View Post

Those suede Westlakes are drool.gif

yea they came out way better than I thought. When they were first ordered, I was thinking in my head 'are you sure?' But dang, his imagination was spot on in the end. That is why I love MTO. Sometimes as a designer your aversion to risk taking will prevent you from making bold samples for fear of wasting money and certain customers in the MTO program sometimes make up for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

What is the difference between crust, box, and calf skin? Is there an article I can reference? Thanks

crust and box are both calf skins.

The difference is that crust is a un-dyed, naturally finished leather that is meant to be colored at a later stage, i.e. by the factory or a patina artist. This leather is usually raw in color (like whitish sand). It is usually a softer more pliable leather.

Box calf is a chrome tanned drum-dyed leather that comes with color. It is more stiff than its crust counterpart and is the most common leather used on dress shoes.

Hope that this helps
post #866 of 1241

Loving the skyway in navy museum!

post #867 of 1241

Will you be offering chromexcel mto or is that too hard to consistently stock?

post #868 of 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trqmaster View Post

Will you be offering chromexcel mto or is that too hard to consistently stock?

I wish but no unfortunately not as Horween is too difficult to deal with. If a brand is not ordering quantities to make 1000 pairs of shoes, then they get put on the back burner and get the leftover stuff. Just don't have the patience to deal with that.
post #869 of 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shoe Snob View Post


what model/last are you thinking?

 

Not sure on the model but likely on the LPB last, it looks so good on the Fauntelroy in suede..  and the Westlake, whoa!     Would be a shoe or a Chukka.  Pretty sure I can deal with the regular width in a boot.   I will reach out to you when I'm ready and we can take this to email or phone. 

post #870 of 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Not sure on the model but likely on the LPB last, it looks so good on the Fauntelroy in suede..  and the Westlake, whoa!     Would be a shoe or a Chukka.  Pretty sure I can deal with the regular width in a boot.   I will reach out to you when I'm ready and we can take this to email or phone. 

If TMG was too tight in uk7.5, LPB would be more generous so might be best to stick with the uK7.5, especially for suede which will break in faster. But yes let me know what you are thinking when you are ready
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread