or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread - Page 74

post #1096 of 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud82 View Post

Purchased the Madison loafer in plum museum calf. Anxiously waiting, hope they fit...
Excited to receive my first pair of J Fitzpatrick shoes as well~

I bought a pair as well, received them last week. They're great, very soft and light. Justin gave me some sizing advice that was on point, and I ended up buying my normal size.
post #1097 of 1240
Joining the Madison crew. I have thing for bordeaux suede. Just received them!

post #1098 of 1240
We just received a restock in our Alderwood shoe trees and remember that we have a great deal of buying 3 for £90 (ex VAT £75)

http://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/collections/accessories/products/alderwood-shoe-trees-3-for-90

post #1099 of 1240
Those alderwood shoe trees are damned good.
post #1100 of 1240
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

Joining the Madison crew. I have thing for bordeaux suede. Just received them!

 

Looks good~ I was going to buy the same one but it sold out before I could order... is your size uk 6.5~? :)

BTW, how much was the duty+tax for Canadians?

post #1101 of 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud82 View Post

Looks good~ I was going to buy the same one but it sold out before I could order... is your size uk 6.5~? smile.gif
BTW, how much was the duty+tax for Canadians?

Thanks. I am UK 9.
Unfortunately DHL is very diligent, and charges the maximum just to be sure, so it was around $85 (CAD).
I wish there was a regular post service offering where I would receive through Canada Post (think in UK Royal Mail). They often don't bother with duties and taxes.
post #1102 of 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

Thanks. I am UK 9.
Unfortunately DHL is very diligent, and charges the maximum just to be sure, so it was around $85 (CAD).
I wish there was a regular post service offering where I would receive through Canada Post (think in UK Royal Mail). They often don't bother with duties and taxes.

we can always use Royal Mail providing that the package falls below 2kg. If it goes over, then Royal Mail turns it over to Parcelforce and they charge astronomical prices that we would then have to pass onto the client. Next time simply leave in the notes that you prefer it possible and we will do the weight check and let you know...

And thank you for your support, I do appreciate it!

Enjoy your loafers
post #1103 of 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shoe Snob View Post

We just received a restock in our Alderwood shoe trees and remember that we have a great deal of buying 3 for £90 (ex VAT £75)

http://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/collections/accessories/products/alderwood-shoe-trees-3-for-90

 

While I love the fit of these in my shoes and boots (I do think they fill my shoes a bit better than the other ones, though those are still great), does anyone else struggle gaining purchase on the black knobs on the heels to get the trees out? I find it particularly challenging with my boots. I feel like if there was more space between the knob and the rest of the tree, it would be easier to get my fingers around/under them to lift them out. But again, perhaps that's just me?

post #1104 of 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereNext View Post
 

 

While I love the fit of these in my shoes and boots (I do think they fill my shoes a bit better than the other ones, though those are still great), does anyone else struggle gaining purchase on the black knobs on the heels to get the trees out? I find it particularly challenging with my boots. I feel like if there was more space between the knob and the rest of the tree, it would be easier to get my fingers around/under them to lift them out. But again, perhaps that's just me?

 

I had the same problem, but then eventually got used to it. It also helped that the shaft of the boot began to break in. I used to use to shoe horn to pop up the back of the tree against the shaft of the boot. It takes some effort at first but now it's no problem for me. 

post #1105 of 1240

Thanks for that. The shoe horn idea never occurred to me; I'll have to give that a try next time.

post #1106 of 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post


Thanks. I am UK 9.
Unfortunately DHL is very diligent, and charges the maximum just to be sure, so it was around $85 (CAD).
I wish there was a regular post service offering where I would receive through Canada Post (think in UK Royal Mail). They often don't bother with duties and taxes.

 

Thanks.

That prepared me for $212 for Madison + 2 driver loafers... :-)

post #1107 of 1240

Justin - thoughts on when the Madison re-stock is coming through? I'm eyeing the green/burgundy suede loafers. 

post #1108 of 1240
Got my Madison loafers last night. Definite heel slip with socks and would be unbearable without, but I'm hoping it gets better as the shoe breaks in. Went tts, had I gone down by a half I think it would have been too narrow for me. Bummed I may not be able to keep these because the leather and build quality, lasting, comfort, and looks are all there.
post #1109 of 1240

They are a bit generous in the heel and ankle area. My other pair of JFP shoes, blue suede oxfords, also use TMG last, and I had to put tongue pads so that hey are not lose around ankle. 

But for some reason, I don't feel heel slipping on Madison.

post #1110 of 1240
A favor to ask....

If any of you ordered the Fauntleroy in Gold Museum from my last Massdrop, I would love to see how they came out so if that happens to be one of you, could you please post a daylight photo?

Thanks a bunch

Justin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread