Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 1/20/15 at 9:14am in Classic Menswear
- EG / Band of Outsiders / Acne Last post on 3/16/11 at 1:03am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 11/29/15 at 2:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Sartorialist Looks Last post on 7/26/15 at 4:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 1/31/16 at 3:02am in Classic Menswear
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... - Page 32post #466 of 13504/4/14 at 8:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 13504/4/14 at 9:05pmpost #468 of 13504/4/14 at 9:15pmpost #469 of 13504/4/14 at 9:18pmpost #470 of 13504/23/14 at 6:49ampost #471 of 13504/24/14 at 1:29ampost #472 of 13505/9/14 at 5:13pmpost #473 of 13505/10/14 at 8:37amQuote:
I totally missed this post, who knew somebody could still make a hat like this! Quick question, when you say custom, can they, for example, make a Homburg in a similar theme? Their prices seem very reasonable.post #474 of 13505/10/14 at 9:53amQuote:
Yes Mike can definitely do Homburgs - he's a real artist.post #475 of 13505/29/14 at 5:34ampost #476 of 13505/31/14 at 9:23ampost #477 of 13506/1/14 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tried and True
You will see many beautifully made hats at the Fedora Lounge but the majority are ill suited for their owner's face, skin tone or physique. It's probably due to them being purchased online without the benefits of visiting a proper hat store where one can try on myriad hats of various dimensions and colors.
FL is one of my guilty pleasures. Nowhere on the internet will you see more terribly ill-conceived outfits and general style disasters than on FL. The real problem on FL is that most of their members have absolutely no idea about how to dress properly. Cheap ill-fitting suits, absurd color and pattern combinations, cheap shoes topped with a beautiful hat is par for the course on FL. Half of them end-up looking like extras from a basic-cable gangster period piece, the other half look like neck-beard memes.post #478 of 13506/1/14 at 6:49pmpost #479 of 13506/1/14 at 9:35pmpost #480 of 13506/2/14 at 9:09am
I love your hat/cap, not sure what you call it on that side of the pond. I have a few of those in some nice wool/tweed, didn't even think to post them in here. I did post my fedora a few pages back but I still haven't worn it. I need to pick up some summer hats/caps.
Something casual. I like the look of these panama style hats.
But I'm also liking this style seersucker cap maybe in a linen or something lightweight.
- Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › NIGEL CABOURN Everest Parka survival yellow anarctic arctic Ventile 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 minutes ago
- › Can't mirror shine after using saphir renomat 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?