or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... - Page 71

post #1051 of 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tried and True View Post

A hat shape (and color) that looks good on one person may not look good on yourself. That's why it's best to use a well stocked bricks and mortar hat store for your initial foray into the world of hats. Within a half hour you will know exactly what shapes and colors suit your face, physique and complexion best. Going forward, armed with that information, you can then use the remote transaction (Art Fawcett, Optimo, etc.) with much greater success. Anything less than that borders on a fools errand.

i completely agree with this. bought my first hat from a local shop and sent that picture to Optimo who helped me pick out my milan.
post #1052 of 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I believe it's the Manhattan but not 100%.

-Mike

nephew,
you are correct! it is manhattan model
post #1053 of 1472

borsalino como fedora
post #1054 of 1472

optimo deerskin fedora
post #1055 of 1472

optimo rust fedora
post #1056 of 1472

optimo oxblood fedora
post #1057 of 1472
Akubra Heritage Campdraft in silverbelly with a slightly more tapered bash...


post #1058 of 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

optimo deerskin fedora

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

optimo rust fedora

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

optimo oxblood fedora

 

Your Optimos are all looking absolutely superb Mr. Mac. You look rather dapper today in your suit.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by konadog View Post

Akubra Heritage Campdraft in silverbelly with a slightly more tapered bash... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

Looking superb in your Silverbelly Mr. KD.

 

-Mike

post #1059 of 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post





Your Optimos are all looking absolutely superb Mr. Mac. You look rather dapper today in your suit.



Looking superb in your Silverbelly Mr. KD.

-Mike

nephew,
thank you
post #1060 of 1472
x-post WAYWRN - grey Homburg, Selentino via JJ Hat Center

post #1061 of 1472
A friend has gone to New York

Can anyone recommend a shop where she can buy me reasonable priced Fedora hat such as this:


post #1062 of 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesdavisjr View Post

A friend has gone to New York

Can anyone recommend a shop where she can buy me reasonable priced Fedora hat
I
Not sure what price point you're after but Bencraft in Brooklyn seem to have the best prices in NYC.


http://www.bencrafthats.com
post #1063 of 1472
It's hard to buy hats by proxy as some look great on the shelf but not so good on the wearer.
Crusty just mentioned JJ Hat Centre which I think is on fifth avenue but stand to be corrected.
I also got a nice titfer ar City Hats on the western end of Houston.
Good luck.
post #1064 of 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post

It's hard to buy hats by proxy as some look great on the shelf but not so good on the wearer.
Crusty just mentioned JJ Hat Centre which I think is on fifth avenue but stand to be corrected.
I also got a nice titfer ar City Hats on the western end of Houston.
Good luck.

JJ Hat Center is on Fifth Ave. between 31st and 32nd Streets. Bencrafters has two shops, one in Williamsburg, the other in Borough Park, which is temporarily closed, as per their web site.

Let me reiterate TWD's admonition that buying a hat is one of those activities, like buying eyeglasses, where buying by proxy is fraught with issues - what looks good on the shelf may not work on the head.
post #1065 of 1472

f3ch7l.jpg
optimo walnut fedora
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions...