or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 485

post #7261 of 25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickEPockets View Post
 

I have found the material to feel different (stiffer) on the black vs. the grey.  The black stretches less in my opinion.  But I didn't notice any sizing differences.

 

Sidebar- the Loopwheel is definitely much heavier than the regular Escobars.  Coming in clutch for this NYC winter.

That's due to the difference in material composition. The black are 100% cotton and the grey are 83% cotton, 17% polyester. The polyester gives it a slightly softer feel.

post #7262 of 25702

JE Denim fit question:  I usually wear a 34 in slim-fit non-stretch denim and a 33 in slim fit denim with stretch with a desired result of the jeans being slim throughout the leg, some slight room for comfort, but not skin tight.  

 

Basically, I wear my jeans only a little bit looser than they appear on the models on the JE site.  Any recommendations as to which size I should go for JE?  Thanks in advance.

post #7263 of 25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJeffrey View Post

JE Denim fit question:  I usually wear a 34 in slim-fit non-stretch denim and a 33 in slim fit denim with stretch with a desired result of the jeans being slim throughout the leg, some slight room for comfort, but not skin tight.  

Basically, I wear my jeans only a little bit looser than they appear on the models on the JE site.  Any recommendations as to which size I should go for JE?  Thanks in advance.
I'd probably say 32.. These stretch out a lot lol
post #7264 of 25702
The jeans do stretch, but the best thing to do is to measure a pair of jeans you like the fit of and compare the measurements on JE's site. I've found that JE jeans stretch an inch laying flat or two inches around.
post #7265 of 25702

^^^Thanks fellas

post #7266 of 25702
JE offers my favorite denim design and cut, but does anyone find the jeans to be lacking in durability? I typically make my raw denim last 3-5 years. These Obsidians had hardware issues in year 1. It hasn't been 2 years yet, but they're already developing back pocket and crotch holes
post #7267 of 25702
If you wear them a lot and they are raw it's common. Really just depends I guess.

Only thing I want to see/complaint is on the non raw denim is a longer inseam.
post #7268 of 25702

the rue by itself reminds me of some sort of short skirt

post #7269 of 25702
I have some more JE denim coming in tomorrow. We'll see how this goes.
post #7270 of 25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowk View Post
 

the rue by itself reminds me of some sort of short skirt


looks like a bib -.-

 

I'm exchanging mine for the clash crew in grey. 

post #7271 of 25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclutchjames View Post

If you wear them a lot and they are raw it's common. Really just depends I guess.

Only thing I want to see/complaint is on the non raw denim is a longer inseam.
yup It would be nice to see those destroyed jeans coming out with a longer inseam option. They should do 33 and 35. It just sucks when a company makes jeans that are too short. Like I understand that I'm taller then ur normal person but they can get them hemmed lol I can't extend jeans. I love the higher end denim brands that make jeans in one long inseam like 36-37" and u just get them tailored to u.
post #7272 of 25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertdinner2 View Post


yup It would be nice to see those destroyed jeans coming out with a longer inseam option. They should do 33 and 35. It just sucks when a company makes jeans that are too short. Like I understand that I'm taller then ur normal person but they can get them hemmed lol I can't extend jeans. I love the higher end denim brands that make jeans in one long inseam like 36-37" and u just get them tailored to u.


this. @JohnElliottCo

post #7273 of 25702
Glad I'm getting some people who agree!!
post #7274 of 25702
Then make it across all the sizes too? Nahhhhh
post #7275 of 25702

So I tried sizing up from M to L. The length is definitely better (M was too short) but I'm interested in what others think of the overall fit. Sorry for bad quality phone pics.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread