Any chance for a fit pic? Which version are they? When the sizing was bigger or current?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 7:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 395post #5911 of 2344612/17/14 at 12:57ampost #5912 of 2344612/17/14 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
I went Medium on the Escobars. My GF thinks it looks a bit tight around the butt area, I could go up to a large without sacrificing the proportions too much. But I think I'll stick with the Medium.
The denim not pictured, I went with Size 30. Waist fits great right now, worried about stretching. The 29 would have fit in the waist after stretching, but I wouldn't be able to fit with the thigh measurement.
I love the graphite denim colour, reminds me of the Nom De Guerre grey denims back in the day.
Did you get the same size in the graphite denim as your APC PNS or size down 1?post #5913 of 2344612/17/14 at 5:59amQuote:
Current sizing, worn a significant alot of the time with base layer/long johns underneath. Villain is a L usually worn with 2-3 layers underneath. Don't really like wearing heavy jackets and I prefer a non-supertight fit on my sweaters.
Again for reference I'm 5'9 170ish with a 41 inch chest. Never tried a M but judging from @Potsnu pics it would have been way too tight even with stretching. I prefer the longer look for when I layer with a thin jacket.post #5914 of 2344612/17/14 at 7:02am
I eat healthy Monday to Friday, but anything goes for me on the weekends. Generally pretty clean bulk, I just increase my calories in the same ratio.Quote:
I went the same size on my APC PNS which was Size 30, however I probably could have gone Size 29 in APC PNS so I technically sized up 1 from APC.
I compared the measurements of both and made sure the thigh measurement was at least the same. Based on the chart, the JE denim is tighter in the thigh and more narrow past the knee with a longer back rise.post #5915 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:00ampost #5916 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:02ampost #5917 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:04ampost #5918 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:07ampost #5919 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:09ampost #5920 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:10ampost #5921 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:11ampost #5922 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:11am
I just don't understand enough about it to justify the price increase although lower than everyone expected. Just hard for me to pull the trigger on it over the regular already very nice french terry without seeing and feeling the difference in person. Just kinda hard to tell through a computer screen.post #5923 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:11amQuote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think it actually looks better. A little more natural and less forced. Either way, it's tough for me to justify the black loopwheel Villain over the regular Villain or even Reigning Champ. Their terry is incredible.
Edit: I also can't tell if the zippers on the black one are silver or shiny black. Hmm.post #5924 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:11ampost #5925 of 2344612/17/14 at 8:13am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › FS: J CREW CHAMBRAY REGIMENTAL STRIPE TIE $59.50 MSRP 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › FS: J CREW BLACKWATCH PLAID TIE $59.50 MADE IN USA 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 18 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 22 minutes ago
- › 11 NWT J CREW SHIRTS SZ SMALL 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...