Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 277post #4141 of 2774910/15/14 at 6:24pmpost #4142 of 2774910/15/14 at 6:27pmpost #4143 of 2774910/15/14 at 7:08pmpost #4144 of 2774910/15/14 at 8:04pmpost #4145 of 2774910/15/14 at 8:24pmpost #4146 of 2774910/15/14 at 8:26pmpost #4147 of 2774910/15/14 at 8:57pmpost #4148 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:01ampost #4149 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:08ampost #4150 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:09amQuote:
You've gotta wear shitty clothes to work, homie. Whenever I DJ, it's all beater everything. It kinda sucks, because you see some fly girls...but nothing good happens in the club, especially to your sneakers.post #4151 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:17amwhat makes it worse is that i want working this evening. it was the owner, and our two friends out to dinner. we then hit a strip club
whilst making it rain, he received a phone call from his son, the manager that a patron was refusing to pay a tab and also threatened to kill the owner's son.
we drive back to the bar and the owner chokes up the guy and they proceed to scuffle.
after all said and done i had to pull them apart along with like three other people.
the rowdy customer also got sucker punched.
also got blood on a pair of grey khakis i had thought i lost and wore today.
just threw both items in the trash and bout to see if I can pick up some stuff off the RG site
/xangapost #4152 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:32ampost #4153 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:34amQuote:
Does that mean you bust out the good stuff when you go on your coffee runs? Performing in front of people is probably one of the only times you should actually not wear beater clothes and wear stuff that will, you know, attract the attention of your audience.post #4154 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:42amQuote:
I understand what you're saying....but it all depends. If I'm the headliner, then I wear nicer things, but if it's week to week in a club, I generally don't. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but most DJ booths are designed moronically with ALL/MOST of the amps for the whole club within them, coupled with generally poor ventilation, meaning that it's significantly hotter than the rest of the club and making for you becoming semi drenched in sweat by the end of the night. That's not to say every place is like that but I've ruined ALOT of nice clothes DJing. I always dress nice to parties/dates/dinners/etc pretty much every thing other than coffee runs and DJing.post #4155 of 2774910/16/14 at 1:55amQuote:Originally Posted by wurlwyde
I understand what you're saying....but it all depends. If I'm the headliner, then I wear nicer things, but if it's week to week in a club, I generally don't. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but most DJ booths are designed moronically with ALL/MOST of the amps for the whole club within them, coupled with generally poor ventilation, meaning that it's significantly hotter than the rest of the club and making for you becoming semi drenched in sweat by the end of the night. That's not to say every place is like that but I've ruined ALOT of nice clothes DJing. I always dress nice to parties/dates/dinners/etc pretty much every thing other than coffee runs and DJing.
I mean I get it, I grew up dj'ing in l.a. at some of the worst venues and basement rooms in the trashiest raves from dtla to san bernardino, spending most of the night in a tiny booth filled with cigarette and weed smoke and then waiting for promoters to pay in the morning. I still think it's a good reason to at least generally dress well or how you'd like to be perceived rather than throw on beater clothes. I'm not saying you should pull a diplo and wear a suit for a gig at los globos like you're djing at hakkasan or anything. Anyway, just a random observation that caught my eye.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Double Breasted Style. 9 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 minute ago
- › Rider Boot Company 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...