or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 238

post #3556 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantatzai View Post

@johnelliottco - THANKS!! Was just wondering on the sizing before I purchase - have looked at the size charts and seem to be a medium but just to confirm - I wear a medium in the villain crew but a large in the villain hoodie - I'm assuming these were made to be worn more fitted - would you stick with the medium? Or go for large?

Tough to say based on that. I personally wear a Medium in all those items, and our model actually does wear a Medium in all the items, too. (I can confirm we don't just write that haha)

Given that you gave me two different sizes I'm not sure which one you should go with. I'd generally say to take the same size as you do in either of those pieces.

We also did just measure those jackets straight out of production and they should be accurate. It is a terry body with lambskin sleeves, both materials will stretch so I wouldn't recommend "sizing up" in this one.
post #3557 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnElliottCo View Post

Tough to say based on that. I personally wear a Medium in all those items, and our model actually does wear a Medium in all the items, too. (I can confirm we don't just write that haha)

Given that you gave me two different sizes I'm not sure which one you should go with. I'd generally say to take the same size as you do in either of those pieces.

We also did just measure those jackets straight out of production and they should be accurate. It is a terry body with lambskin sleeves, both materials will stretch so I wouldn't recommend "sizing up" in this one.

@johnelliottco - sorry for the vagueness lol. Given the stretch factor prob will go with the medium thanks! Any tips on cleaning instructions?
post #3558 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantatzai View Post

@johnelliottco - sorry for the vagueness lol. Given the stretch factor prob will go with the medium thanks! Any tips on cleaning instructions?

No problem on vagueness, we would just normally suggest to get the same size as either of the items you mentioned.

We can get back to you with a suggested leather cleaner. We would just recommend that you accept that white leather will get dirty. If you look at any white leather that is actually worn it will develop patina, wear, and character so be aware if that sort of thing bothers you.
post #3559 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnElliottCo View Post

No problem on vagueness, we would just normally suggest to get the same size as either of the items you mentioned.

We can get back to you with a suggested leather cleaner. We would just recommend that you accept that white leather will get dirty. If you look at any white leather that is actually worn it will develop patina, wear, and character so be aware if that sort of thing bothers you.

Ok that'd be great (leather cleaner). Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated!
post #3560 of 25485

Hi guys need an advice for Villain hoody, Im planning to pull a trigger on Grey one, but dont know if I should go Small or Medium. Im 5'4" and 145-150lbs.. Im not slim builded, but check the photos and you get the idea. The middle picture with hoodie its from Nike and its small, right pic saturdays nyc tee its medium...but most of my clothes are medium. Dont really own pullovers except Nike Tech Fleece Crew, sz small...

 

Thank you for all the help, really appreciate it.

 

.


Edited by younglee - 9/17/14 at 2:03am
post #3561 of 25485

I think size Small's sleeves will be pretty tight for you imo so I'd recommend getting a Medium.

post #3562 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglee View Post

Hi guys need an advice for Villain hoody, Im planning to pull a trigger on Grey one, but dont know if I should go Small or Medium. Im 5'4" and 145-150lbs.. Im not slim builded, but check the photos and you get the idea. The middle picture with hoodie its from Nike and its small, right pic saturdays nyc tee its medium...but most of my clothes are medium. Dont really own pullovers except Nike Tech Fleece Crew, sz small...

Thank you for all the help, really appreciate it.

.

I'm 5-7, 155 pounds and upper body similar to yours. Get a medium. I wore small in Nike tech too.
post #3563 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post


I'm 5-7, 155 pounds and upper body similar to yours. Get a medium. I wore small in Nike tech too.

 

how does villain fit for you? do you have any pic? hopefully it fits snugger than small nike tech

 

thanks

post #3564 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglee View Post

how does villain fit for you? do you have any pic? hopefully it fits snugger than small nike tech

thanks

I don't have any pics handy but it fits snug. The tech stuff never really fit me right. My suggestion is to measure tour tech stuff and compare to JE's measurment. Will give you a better idea.
post #3565 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post
I don't have any pics handy but it fits snug. The tech stuff never really fit me right. My suggestion is to measure tour tech stuff and compare to JE's measurment. Will give you a better idea.

i might go for medium then. Yep nike tech crew doesnt fit that well me either, bit too loose (though tech pants are good) and villain hoodie should be more snug according to measurements
Edited by younglee - 9/17/14 at 11:00am
post #3566 of 25485
Selling my burgundy hooded villain size M on styleforum marketplace. Lightly worn a few times. Selling it in hopes to size down for my next.
post #3567 of 25485
@JohnElliottCo I am having an issue with a few items I returned to be exchanged. I've tried to reach multiple people on the team. PM sent through forum. Thanks!
post #3568 of 25485

I have a pair of the Drake denim in size 34 which had the old fit.  What size should I order in the new fit of the Coast denim for a similar fit?

post #3569 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUR3 View Post

I have a pair of the Drake denim in size 34 which had the old fit.  What size should I order in the new fit of the Coast denim for a similar fit?

The cut of the top block is essentially the same, they are just more tapered from the knee down. I would suggest getting the same size. You are not going to find a similar fit from the knee down, they will be a more slim and tapered cut, but the waist and thighs should fit you similarly.

The Coast probably runs a little tighter than the drake did since it is a heavier denim and is washed, but I would not suggest going from a 34 - 36, the 36 will be too big.

So, a 34 should work for you.
post #3570 of 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnElliottCo View Post


The cut of the top block is essentially the same, they are just more tapered from the knee down. I would suggest getting the same size. You are not going to find a similar fit from the knee down, they will be a more slim and tapered cut, but the waist and thighs should fit you similarly.

The Coast probably runs a little tighter than the drake did since it is a heavier denim and is washed, but I would not suggest going from a 34 - 36, the 36 will be too big.

So, a 34 should work for you.

 

Thanks!  How much will the denim stretch after wearing it? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread