or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1541

post #23101 of 25272
I'm not sure what this other brand is about but there is a market for je tees in a shorter length. It's a line je should think about adding.
post #23102 of 25272

any other brands with denim that fits like JE? just know of ACNE currently.

post #23103 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott View Post

@MIKE_JE Will there be a restock of the Thumper Jacket in SURPLUS JACQUARD on official web or any retailer? I am living outside the USA

Try calling Holt Renfrew (Bloor St. location) in Toronto, Canada. They had a full size run of the surplus thumper just last week.

post #23104 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrmnn View Post


Pretty much

But in all seriousness, I know they didn't, but I think they made the term more common. If you look up u neck on google JE is the first thing that shows up. And I feel like prior to JE people were calling them scoop necks, wide necks or low necks

JE isn't the first thing that comes up when you search u neck (it might be for you because google personalizes search results and knows you've gone to JE before). Many brands were making u necks before JE (and calling them as such), like Balmain (who also truly invented the side-zip hoodie).

 

I don't doubt they made the term known to a lot of people who had never heard of it before, but it's silly to think that detracts from a brand that's also using it. 

post #23105 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by b19pen15 View Post

JE isn't the first thing that comes up when you search u neck (it might be for you because google personalizes search results and knows you've gone to JE before). Many brands were making u necks before JE (and calling them as such), like Balmain (who also truly invented the side-zip hoodie).

I don't doubt they made the term known to a lot of people who had never heard of it before, but it's silly to think that detracts from a brand that's also using it. 

Dude pretty sure John elliott made the earth in 6 days and then on the 7th he made the villian and the u neck. Pretty sure.
post #23106 of 25272
Ok ok, so maybe he didn't make them, but what JE did for the u neck and the side zip hoodie is like what Kanye did for Taylor... he made that ish famous
post #23107 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosurrender414 View Post

Same size in jeans. I would get XL unless you want really tight (almost leggings)

Thanks. Clearly L is almost leggings, but I wasn't sure how much they stretch. The XL fits tight but comfortable with some room around the knees and thighs. Hopefully they don't stretch too much.

What I liked about the L was the length. I'm 6"2 and I feel that the length on the L is perfect. Curious to see what other tall people think
post #23108 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrmnn View Post

Ok ok, so maybe he didn't make them, but what JE did for the u neck and the side zip hoodie is like what Kanye did for Taylor... he made that ish famous


Haha no. He exposed a certain demographic to these styles, many of whom had been content with Stussy plush hoodies and box-fit t-shirts prior to.

post #23109 of 25272
Definitely what hype said. I like JE stuff but the idea among some people in here that he created everything is ridiculous.

And Kanye didn't make Taylor famous, she already had her own following (probably mainly teen girls lol). He only exposed her to his followers, people who listen to rap. I doubt many of those people are buying her albums.
post #23110 of 25272
Roden will be getting the blackmeans collab. Pretty sure you can pre order as well. Ask for my boy Kyle B if you do.
post #23111 of 25272

Whoa. Shout out to JE for hooking me up with a washed classic crew. Funny thing is I've actually been wanting to order this exact tee for a while. Thanks guys!

 

 

post #23112 of 25272
Do they bogota jackets have that boxy slightly oversized classic bomber fit, or are they more slim fitting? From pics that appear slightly puffy.
post #23113 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpec818 View Post

Do they bogota jackets have that boxy slightly oversized classic bomber fit, or are they more slim fitting? From pics that appear slightly puffy.
It's less boxy than before. The shoulders don't pop out really and it's a bit more tapered through the body
post #23114 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrmnn View Post


Funny you and others mentioned this brand, the founder was on the JE Facebook group looking for a summer rider. So he def knows of JE and is copying their look. One of the shirts they sell is even a u neck

I bought a grey JE wool bomber from one of the guys involved with Uniform LA on Grailed and he sent me a free tee. It's nice. Same fabric composition (50% supima cotton, 50% micro modal) as JE. For $35 it's a really nice tee. I'm trying to stay away from 50/50 tees because the bottom hem stretches out so much though - only cotton/poly mixes from now on.

 

Unrelated, but anybody wash their skittles in the washing machine? I'm sketched out that the colors will run together but I don't want to deal with the hassle/expense of dry cleaning.

post #23115 of 25272
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1234930 View Post

I bought a grey JE wool bomber from one of the guys involved with Uniform LA on Grailed and he sent me a free tee. It's nice. Same fabric composition (50% supima cotton, 50% micro modal) as JE. For $35 it's a really nice tee. I'm trying to stay away from 50/50 tees because the bottom hem stretches out so much though - only cotton/poly mixes from now on.

Unrelated, but anybody wash their skittles in the washing machine? I'm sketched out that the colors will run together but I don't want to deal with the hassle/expense of dry cleaning.
Don't do it bra
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread