FYI to you guys who gave me feedback regarding my post/review of the thermal OS crew's I posted...I'm returning the mediums and may go for a large instead. After thought I don't think they're worth $250 as a standalone crew sweater, hopefully JE will put them on sale for black friday so I can snag a large of it. If they made a zip hoodie version I would cop in a heartbeat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 7:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1502post #22517 of 2344610/2/16 at 2:48pm
@nsubrmnn Thank you so much man much appreciated! I'm thinking I may lean toward the S but hopefully stockists carry them before I make the purchase so I can try on. Still isn't that cold here in NY thankfully.
I really don't get the hate the bogata bomber is receiving. You want to look like a trash bag walking down the street, be my guest. I don't like jackets with sheen like those UNIQLO puffy jackets, I like them more matte. Make's the jacket perfect for me. And it's JE, the quality should be there alongside the fit. The added bonus of a nylon exterior for water resistance and thermolite lining are awesome additions. Not going to deny the iridescent flight bomber was definitely a cooler looking jacket, but for someone looking for a simple every day jacket, this hits the nail on the head.
Edit: And to be really critical of the Rudy jacket, it looks incredibly stupid with that flap that covers the zippers. There's already a flap underneath them that prevents air from entering and from zipping onto whatever is layered underneath. In contrast, that MA-1 bomber on their site now looks nice. I just don't like that their bombers seem somewhat cropped on me and their sleeves are long. Never tried anything from Stamp'd
Edited by supremeanarchy - 10/2/16 at 2:58pmpost #22518 of 2344610/2/16 at 3:11pm
Kinda have to highlight something @nsubrmnn pointed out to me when reviewing the Bogota. On my Aluminum Flight jacket the zipper is awful. I think its the teeth, but I'm going to CNCPTS tomorrow to see if they'll do an exchange for me. It's SO difficult to get it down. Pretty disappointed because I really like the jacket and will be super bummed if they don't have another small.post #22519 of 2344610/2/16 at 3:12pmpost #22520 of 2344610/2/16 at 3:26pmQuote:
Yes, for sure Rudy is super nice bomber quality and fir wise. I just realized that new black bomber from APC is not Rudy but something else, not that nice and different material. So I am still considering giving a try to black JE bomber. I am not a huge fan of Acne Selo tho. Most of the time I prefer Rudy over Selo. Acne is thicker tho, so it is more in use in colder days.
Sorry for a little JE offtopic tho!
I really regret not picking up Iridescent bomber from last year. One of the biggest regrets haha. If anyone have one in Plaster, size L please hit me up or send me in right direction =)
Also the new Aluminium bomber looks super unique. How thick/warm it is?
I think we will see a lot of fire from JE in the following weeks.post #22521 of 2344610/2/16 at 3:36pmpost #22522 of 2344610/2/16 at 3:38pmQuote:First thing I thought as well.. I love JE don't get me wrong but people seem to rush to the defense of any item that receives criticism.
No company is gonna hit the nail on the head every time. And c'mon, justifying it with "water repellency" some Thinsulate? This isn't exactly Arcteryx technology we're talking about here.post #22523 of 2344610/2/16 at 3:59pm
For me, not defending. Simply stating that it's another versatile jacket on the market. Happens to check off certain ticks that appeal to me. More importantly, quality/features for the price, although this whole zipper thing is kind of iffy now. The iridescent flight bomber was like 700 and did it have any form of insulation even? I don't think it did, please correct me if I'm wrong. But 700 for a bomber is way too much IMO, didn't buy it and don't regret it. There's a shit ton of JE items that are borderline horrendous/overpriced, but I won't even get into that.post #22524 of 2344610/2/16 at 4:21pmpost #22525 of 2344610/2/16 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by jstrath406
First thing I thought as well.. I love JE don't get me wrong but people seem to rush to the defense of any item that receives criticism.
No company is gonna hit the nail on the head every time. And c'mon, justifying it with "water repellency" some Thinsulate? This isn't exactly Arcteryx technology we're talking about here.
True, but I actually own the jacket. So everyone ragging on it who hasn't handled it is pretty silly IMO. It's a quality jacket. And the water repelency is better than the outlier jackets I have which are made out of schoeller dwr treated materials. For the price it's a solid jacket. If you're not into it, that's fine, but it's not very helpful when people are looking for actually opinions on an item.post #22526 of 2344610/2/16 at 7:02pmpost #22527 of 2344610/2/16 at 7:46pm
Yeah don't get the hate about the bogota either. Definitely not the most exciting JE jacket out there, but I tried an alpine one on at concepts yesterday and for the price I figured why not. Sure not as cool as the iridescent flight jacket and not my go to outerwear piece from this season by any means but at under 400 dollars its certainly worth the money in my opinion. I live out in CT now too so thinsulate was just an added bonus.post #22528 of 2344610/2/16 at 8:00pmpost #22529 of 2344610/2/16 at 9:31pmpost #22530 of 2344610/2/16 at 10:38pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 24 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 33 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 37 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 43 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 52 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...