or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1501

post #22501 of 25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakGhost View Post

Radon question but if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. I bought the first release riders jacket in size small..best fitting leather on me that I have ever tried and am a huge SL guy. I'm currently buying a SL leather gillet and am using my riders for measurement comparison. The current riders says it's 16.1" shoulder to shoulder but I'm not sure if the sizing has stayed the same with each release or if they've gotten bigger with the cuts? Any info would be appreciated!

 

Sizing has stayed the same, but you could always measure your own Rider to be sure.

Measuring my small Summer Rider from last season, shoulder to shoulder is just under 16" zipped up.

post #22502 of 25776
Bogata bomber is nothing special. But it's still nice. Don't see why anyone would talk trash on it. If someone's looking for a bomber that is good quality (I get the feel that it's good quality based on nsubrmnn and also JE A usually puts out good quality gear) and a good price, you can't really go wrong with it. "Plain and boring"--it is a simple classic piece. It's black with riri zippers that pop out. I'm sure JE will put out more bombers in the future for 700+ that are not plain and boring

With that said, I'm not gonna get the bomber bc I already have one, and there are nicer or equivalently as nice bombers out there..but, the Bogata bomber isn't really an item that should get so much hate given that it's a simple piece for a decent price?
post #22503 of 25776
And agreed, Rudy, flight iridescent and acne bombers are all probably better. But the Bogata one isn't all that bad for a decent price
post #22504 of 25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post

Bogata bomber is nothing special. But it's still nice. Don't see why anyone would talk trash on it. If someone's looking for a bomber that is good quality (I get the feel that it's good quality based on nsubrmnn and also JE A usually puts out good quality gear) and a good price, you can't really go wrong with it. "Plain and boring"--it is a simple classic piece. It's black with riri zippers that pop out. I'm sure JE will put out more bombers in the future for 700+ that are not plain and boring

With that said, I'm not gonna get the bomber bc I already have one, and there are nicer or equivalently as nice bombers out there..but, the Bogata bomber isn't really an item that should get so much hate given that it's a simple piece for a decent price?

The water resistance and thermolite insulation are also added bonuses
post #22505 of 25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakGhost View Post

Radon question but if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. I bought the first release riders jacket in size small..best fitting leather on me that I have ever tried and am a huge SL guy. I'm currently buying a SL leather gillet and am using my riders for measurement comparison. The current riders says it's 16.1" shoulder to shoulder but I'm not sure if the sizing has stayed the same with each release or if they've gotten bigger with the cuts? Any info would be appreciated!

It's the same for the jacket you have
post #22506 of 25776
@bawlin@sussi could you guys check your PM's when you get a chance please
post #22507 of 25776

FYI to you guys who gave me feedback regarding my post/review of the thermal OS crew's I posted...I'm returning the mediums and may go for a large instead. After thought I don't think they're worth $250 as a standalone crew sweater, hopefully JE will put them on sale for black friday so I can snag a large of it.  If they made a zip hoodie version I would cop in a heartbeat.

post #22508 of 25776

@nsubrmnn  Thank you so much man much appreciated! I'm thinking I may lean toward the S but hopefully stockists carry them before I make the purchase so I can try on. Still isn't that cold here in NY thankfully.

 

I really don't get the hate the bogata bomber is receiving. You want to look like a trash bag walking down the street, be my guest. I don't like jackets with sheen like those UNIQLO puffy jackets, I like them more matte. Make's the jacket perfect for me. And it's JE, the quality should be there alongside the fit. The added bonus of a nylon exterior for water resistance and thermolite lining are awesome additions. Not going to deny the iridescent flight bomber was definitely a cooler looking jacket, but for someone looking for a simple every day jacket, this hits the nail on the head.

 

Edit: And to be really critical of the Rudy jacket, it looks incredibly stupid with that flap that covers the zippers. There's already a flap underneath them that prevents air from entering and from zipping onto whatever is layered underneath. In contrast, that MA-1 bomber on their site now looks nice. I just don't like that their bombers seem somewhat cropped on me and their sleeves are long. Never tried anything from Stamp'd


Edited by supremeanarchy - 10/2/16 at 2:58pm
post #22509 of 25776

Kinda have to highlight something @nsubrmnn pointed out to me when reviewing the Bogota. On my Aluminum Flight jacket the zipper is awful. I think its the teeth, but I'm going to CNCPTS tomorrow to see if they'll do an exchange for me. It's SO difficult to get it down. Pretty disappointed because I really like the jacket and will be super bummed if they don't have another small.

post #22510 of 25776
Can't help but laugh at everyone defending the quality of a jacket they've never even handled.
post #22511 of 25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post


The JE bomber is garbage. By contrast, the Rudy is one of the best bombers that has been released in the past few years. I love mine and will 100% be picking up the black model as well.

Yes, for sure Rudy is super nice bomber quality and fir wise. I just realized that new black bomber from APC is not Rudy but something else, not that nice and different material. So I am still considering giving a try to black JE bomber. I am not a huge fan of Acne Selo tho. Most of the time I prefer Rudy over Selo. Acne is thicker tho, so it is more in use in colder days. 

 

Sorry for a little JE offtopic tho!

 

I really regret not picking up Iridescent bomber from last year. One of the biggest regrets haha. If anyone have one in Plaster, size L please hit me up or send me in right direction =)

 

Also the new Aluminium bomber looks super unique. How thick/warm it is?

 

I think we will see a lot of fire from JE in the following weeks. 

post #22512 of 25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Can't help but laugh at everyone defending the quality of a jacket they've never even handled.

have you handled it?

post #22513 of 25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Can't help but laugh at everyone defending the quality of a jacket they've never even handled.
First thing I thought as well.. I love JE don't get me wrong but people seem to rush to the defense of any item that receives criticism.

No company is gonna hit the nail on the head every time. And c'mon, justifying it with "water repellency" some Thinsulate? This isn't exactly Arcteryx technology we're talking about here.
post #22514 of 25776

For me, not defending. Simply stating that it's another versatile jacket on the market. Happens to check off certain ticks that appeal to me. More importantly, quality/features for the price, although this whole zipper thing is kind of iffy now. The iridescent flight bomber was like 700 and did it have any form of insulation even? I don't think it did, please correct me if I'm wrong. But 700 for a bomber is way too much IMO, didn't buy it and don't regret it. There's a shit ton of JE items that are borderline horrendous/overpriced, but I won't even get into that.

post #22515 of 25776
Can anyone provide me a size chart via PM for the older Rider Jacket? Specifically the Flannel Lined, if so. @Johnelliott any way you still have this info?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread