or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1498

post #22456 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrmnn View Post

Got the black bomber today, size small. It's really nice, and great for the price. Surprised it has thermolite insulation. It's thin but get really hot when it's zipped up. Only problem I have is my zipper is janky af, may have to exchange is it keeps getting stuck. Also the webbing on the shoulder pocket is grey not black so it sticks out. And I hate the damn pockets, too high just like the other jackets.

High pockets


Zipped


Unzipped


Grey webbing on snap closure pocket


Thermolite

How would you say it fits compared to other JE items, i.e. last year's iridescent bomber? Would you consider it to be "oversized"? Looks awesome!
post #22457 of 25812
Personally I would not buy that bomber especially when JE drops so much heat and lots of nice jackets every season, and there are better black bombers. I already have a bunch of JE bombers that are nicer than that. Project a j1 bomber w gathered sleeves is nicer and a good example. Cheaper as well but this one does fulfill a purpose in being simple. Not for me, those pockets are just stupid though too. Thx for the pics tho bra
Edited by leFLOPjames - 9/30/16 at 6:17pm
post #22458 of 25812

I have a plain black Journal Standard bomber that I got for around $200 that I'm very happy with, really nice zipper too. I don't doubt JE's is very nice but that pocket placement is bewildering to me. 

 

On the other hand, just posted up my Odeons on Grailed in hopes to move to some darker denim for the fall. The Harlots really impressed me in person and I think I'm gonna have to grab both those and the Plumas if I can find em at a shop offering a little discount. Those two pairs plus my plain black Aces will probably be in heavy rotation all winter.

post #22459 of 25812
I agree the bomber is a bit plain and I personally was looking for that. The fit will decide for me if it's worth it or not. I don't really care too much about warmth as it's not that cold here. I don't own any nice coats for that reason. I think nsubrmnn can probably wear a medium too.
post #22460 of 25812

Does the Bomber have riri zippers?

post #22461 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmason6882 View Post

Does the Bomber have riri zippers?
Yes
post #22462 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwheezy View Post

How would you say it fits compared to other JE items, i.e. last year's iridescent bomber? Would you consider it to be "oversized"? Looks awesome!

No it's much slimmer than the paneled bomber from last season. I like that it's slim, but I guess you could size up to get that look.
post #22463 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by leFLOPjames View Post

Personally I would not buy that bomber especially when JE drops so much heat and lots of nice jackets every season, and there are better black bombers. I already have a bunch of JE bombers that are nicer than that. Project a j1 bomber w gathered sleeves is nicer and a good example. Cheaper as well but this one does fulfill a purpose in being simple. Not for me, those pockets are just stupid though too. Thx for the pics tho bra

I'm not sure he quality of zanerobe compares to JE, but I don't own any of their project line. The JE is only $50 more and is lined with thinsulate and uses riri zippers
post #22464 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post


If you are looking for some suede lows, the common projects this season are really nice. The suede quality is top notch

Agreed, I have the blush suede's as well and I love them even though they probably won't see much wear until spring. My only gripe is that I wish they were a deeper pink because they look kind of washed out some times. I'm really hoping the Supreme peach bogo's releasing this winter will match them in color

post #22465 of 25812
Black Friday is upon us..hopefully JE can bring back a few nice items (discounted) like last years BF deals
post #22466 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enexde96 View Post

Agreed, I have the blush suede's as well and I love them even though they probably won't see much wear until spring. My only gripe is that I wish they were a deeper pink because they look kind of washed out some times. I'm really hoping the Supreme peach bogo's releasing this winter will match them in color


I kind of like the washed look. You can pair them with anything and not have it look too pink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingBobby View Post

Black Friday is upon us..hopefully JE can bring back a few nice items (discounted) like last years BF deals

I think if Nero restock, this might be the day they drop. Probably no discount but I'm sure it will drive people to look for other items too.
post #22467 of 25812

Anyone have fit pics of the flight jacket? Is it advised to size 1 down like I've heard mentioned or take your standard JE size?

post #22468 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrath406 View Post

These guys. I normally go with the classic white and still have a beater pair of those but kind of want to switch it up

i'm actually in the market for my first pair if CP's! The white achilles lows are too clean and classic but everyone and their Grandma has them so i'm leaning towards off white to mix it up. Tough call though
post #22469 of 25812
Aluminum jacket and parachute jacket up on saks
post #22470 of 25812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackp12 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrath406 View Post

These guys. I normally go with the classic white and still have a beater pair of those but kind of want to switch it up

i'm actually in the market for my first pair if CP's! The white achilles lows are too clean and classic but everyone and their Grandma has them so i'm leaning towards off white to mix it up. Tough call though

You could always do the Achilles low premium in white or black. They have an off white sole and the traditional margom sole is switched up for ones with ripples.

White
http://www.endclothing.com/us/common-projects-achilles-low-premium-2045-0506.html

Black
http://www.endclothing.com/us/common-projects-achilles-low-premium-2045-7547.html

The black looks dope IMO and isn't the traditional black on black.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread