Right. My mom had had me decked out in Baby Gap when I was a little tot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 9:59 am in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1473post #22082 of 320199/22/16 at 12:07pmpost #22083 of 320199/22/16 at 12:19pmpost #22084 of 320199/22/16 at 12:21pmpost #22085 of 320199/22/16 at 12:32pmQuote:
My weekends, weeknights only consist of JE and RRL....can't wait till the temperature drops in the 50s to break out my villains and sweats!post #22086 of 320199/22/16 at 12:37pmpost #22087 of 320199/22/16 at 12:57pmpost #22088 of 320199/22/16 at 1:11pmpost #22089 of 320199/22/16 at 1:29pmpost #22090 of 320199/22/16 at 1:32pmQuote:
Great call out! Seems like a tale of 2 JEs:
1) The first being a passionate designer leading a brand doing basics with top notch quality made in the USA. And, quite quick to point out the differences between his brand and those cheap mall brands.
2) The second being cheap knock offs of the premium brand items being sold in those same florescent lit cheese aroma stores that were chastised a while back. And making more and more products in China to boot.
I'd be curious what type of passionate rant we'd get this time, seeing as everything that was ripped apart in the first one is now exactly what is happening.post #22091 of 320199/22/16 at 1:34pmpost #22092 of 320199/22/16 at 1:37pmpost #22093 of 320199/22/16 at 1:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bimmer93
I guarantee over time people will stop buying if the brand shifts to a mainstream outlet store brand.
And, I don't claim to know how to grow his business at all. I'm just pointing out a view that I know many people share. He's doing fine at growing his business - collaborations with crap retailers, making products in China (when claiming to be a good ole made in the USA brand, and no I don't care where it's made if quality is on point, but some do), etc.
Not particularly to you, but with regards to "growing his business". Do we not remember what happened after season 7? JE could use more "fans/stans". Just because numerous products sell out on the JE website doesn't mean the brand is growing (or selling out elsewhere). Last year JE started distributing it's products to numerous retailers that they hadn't before (Saks, Barneys, etc.). At the end of season 7 a ton of the merchandise was deeply discounted. Swarm jackets were discounted to $400 from 1k, riders were selling at kith for $800 which was 1/2 off. Denim was selling for >20% off. JE even implemented a coupon code to get ride of some of the product, which they never do unless it's black Friday. Do we not remember this?
From a business perspective, clothing should never go on sale. If it's going on sale that means that you're either making too much, your price point is off, or you have too many retailers. I think it's obvious that JE could use more customers after last year. Yes it may make some of the limited drops and collections (dust, 7.5, etc) harder to obtain, but if things are sitting on the shelves at other retailers than it is going to become a discount brand unless more customers surface.
TLDR: JE needs to either make less product, decrease the amount of vendors it sells to, OR get more customers so items don't sit on the shelves and get discounted HEAVILY like season 7. More publicity = more customers. Just because JE was in GQ and gap 5 years ago, doesn't mean that there aren't new kids that haven't heard of the brand and could become future customers.post #22094 of 320199/22/16 at 2:04pm
Did you guys forget that this is the SECOND Gap collab JE has done? Yes, that's right, JE has made a collection with the GAP in the past and you are all still right here with him, buying his clothes, taking part in a forum dedicated to his brand. If you are really that concerned that this upcoming collab is going to taint the JE name and ruin the brand, you've already been proven wrong once.
How many designers have done collabs with Uniqlo, H&M, PacSun, etc. that are all doing just fine? Quit being so high and mighty in the "I'm so above mall brands" mentality. If you don't like the collection then don't buy it. Simple. Nothing about the regular JE items is going to change. The point of this collab is to get more customers both in the GAP and onto JE, which I'm 100% sure it will be successful at.
I, for one, am going to be checking out the rider (in the interest of really comparing the cut and quality since I already own a JE rider), and the tees and hoodie John is wearing in the latest collab photoshoot.post #22095 of 320199/22/16 at 2:14pmQuote:
1) I am above the flourescent lit cheese aroma mall brands that John alluded to, one being the GAP. I will not buy clothes from the GAP. I like my John Elliott clothes, but I don't like them that much to buy a cheaper made, worse fitting, lower quality knockoff version of my John Elliott clothes. In fact, I would rather he didn't make them at all but I understand it's a business and he's prob repaying a favour or just trying to grow his business. Nsub made a decent post and I agree with some of the points in there, so that's probably relevant.
2) I made a point to state in my posts that I do not hate on anyone buying this stuff. I understand not everyone can afford the regular, well made and well fitting stuff. Buy as much of it as you want. Just saying, I won't be buying any.
We're all entitled to our opinions here. Even if some of them are stupid :) playin ahaa
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Tailored results 21 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 39 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Cobbler for goodyear welt in Vancouver and/or Canada? 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...