or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1442

post #21616 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by leFLOPjames View Post

That kake is garbage

Think so? I actually like it. The fabric has a nice texture to it although the cell phone pic posted doesn't do it much justice.

post #21617 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post



Dark navy terry compared to black

Has anyone received their concepts order? I ordered both the grey and maroon half zips and my tracking has not been updated even though they claim it has been shipped out on August 25
I'm in the same boat. They use the DHL e-commerce program, which from what I've been able to find on Google is painfully slow and unreliable.
post #21618 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post



Dark navy terry compared to black

Has anyone received their concepts order? I ordered both the grey and maroon half zips and my tracking has not been updated even though they claim it has been shipped out on August 25

Mine was delivered some time last week. It did take a while for them to actually ship after the label was printed though
post #21619 of 25335
For some reason the Dark Grey Kake I got fits bigger than the black villain in same size, XL. Possible tag mismatch? Especially considering that the grey colors are usually more fitted due to the material composition. The sleeves are larger and also seem longer. And overall, it's less fitted than than the Villain.

Any thoughts?
post #21620 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1234930 View Post
 

Think so? 

Yes, yes I do..

post #21621 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2007 View Post

For some reason the Dark Grey Kake I got fits bigger than the black villain in same size, XL. Possible tag mismatch? Especially considering that the grey colors are usually more fitted due to the material composition. The sleeves are larger and also seem longer. And overall, it's less fitted than than the Villain.

Any thoughts?

The Villain is a much slimmer fit (JE calls it a "slim fit" themselves) than the Kake, which is advertised as being "slightly oversized".

I wear a large in Villains and a medium Kake is perfect.
post #21622 of 25335
KITH had the marled Kake in their Manhattan store yesterday afternoon. It was tagged at $425.

Its a substantial, heavy fabric, but it was a bit rough / stiff. Its not for me, but it's definitely something different.
post #21623 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2007 View Post

For some reason the Dark Grey Kake I got fits bigger than the black villain in same size, XL. Possible tag mismatch? Especially considering that the grey colors are usually more fitted due to the material composition. The sleeves are larger and also seem longer. And overall, it's less fitted than than the Villain.

Any thoughts?

 

Villains are slim fit, Kakes are oversized.

Not sure how you got confused by this, honestly.

post #21624 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianja View Post

The Villain is a much slimmer fit (JE calls it a "slim fit" themselves) than the Kake, which is advertised as being "slightly oversized".

I wear a large in Villains and a medium Kake is perfect.

I wonder if an L would be too short for someone 6"2
post #21625 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeisonfire View Post

Villains are slim fit, Kakes are oversized.
Not sure how you got confused by this, honestly.

How? Cause I remembered reading here to order the same size in Villain and Kake, so I was a bit surprised to see the difference. That's all.
post #21626 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2007 View Post


How? Cause I remembered reading here to order the same size in Villain and Kake, so I was a bit surprised to see the difference. That's all.

 

Ahh, I see. Well if you go to the product pages of any Villain and Kake the first thing you'll see in the description is the way each fits. The Villain is a classic JE piece back from when all they were putting out were slim-fit items (JE's best era imo), and lately these new drops have an oversized fit (which, personally, I'm not a fan of). Generally you want to go TTS on all JE pieces regardless of slim-fit or OS so you get the designers intended fit. If you want the Kake to fit like a Villain, or vice versa, you're not going to get that. Two completely different fits.

 

Edit: Not to mention, JE has a pretty great size chart so you can compare items to get the right fit (when the chart works)

post #21627 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorxflyint View Post

Gotcha. Do they usually have a good habit of replying on Instagram? And I know you own a pair of the Springs from pics that I've seen. Would you recommend them?
my springs and scarabs fit the same
post #21628 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by paajdi View Post


Any thoughts on this from anyone?
im 6'4" but definitely longer legs then torso and i wear a large in both villain and kake and love how they both fit. i think everyone needs to inderstand the intended fit is cropped.
post #21629 of 25335

if you are looking for a slim fit don't buy the kake.

i personally like the oversized fits. it puts some variety in my closet...and honestly they are more comfortable. 

 

 

I also wear the same size in every JE piece.

post #21630 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertdinner2 View Post

im 6'4" but definitely longer legs then torso and i wear a large in both villain and kake and love how they both fit. i think everyone needs to inderstand the intended fit is cropped.

Interesting, maybe I should try large also.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread